Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DJ Williams
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.MileHigh

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: DJ Williams Reply with quote

I thought he was going to appeal his suspension for PED's, but now that its coming down towards the start of OTAs it seems like he just accepted it. He wrote a big story on Twitter about how he never failed anything in his pro years. Looks like its Woodyards time to shine.
Zukhyubern

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Woodyard and think he will relish the opportunity to start... He's undersized but he's one of my favorite players and it's ridiculous how underrated he is.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zukhyubern wrote:
I love Woodyard and think he will relish the opportunity to start... He's undersized but he's one of my favorite players and it's ridiculous how underrated he is.

+1. Woodyard can start in this league. He's got a lot of skill for the position, just needs a chance to prove it. Wanted him in Oakland as a FA. Denver did right by keep him.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zukhyubern wrote:

Woodyard led the team in tackles and didn't start. I think he will be a great option that being said DJ has been inconsistent in his later years. Our front 7 needs all the help we can get so DJ not appealing tryin to cut a few games off is ridiculous.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Zukhyubern wrote:

+1. Woodyard can start in this league. He's got a lot of skill for the position, just needs a chance to prove it. Wanted him in Oakland as a FA. Denver did right by keep him.

I agree. Some people know I'm not a huge DJ Williams fan. He's a good, not great player, with peanuts between the ears.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Cutler06

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: DJ Williams Reply with quote

Mr.MileHigh wrote:
I thought he was going to appeal his suspension for PED's, but now that its coming down towards the start of OTAs it seems like he just accepted it. He wrote a big story on Twitter about how he never failed anything in his pro years. Looks like its Woodyards time to shine.

Well, I think he's right but he refused to take the tests, which is just as guilty in the eyes of the NFL...and if you have nothing to hide, why miss the test ??

I wish DJ was traded last year to Philly (or whenever it was), he's a good player but not the kind I really want on the Broncos

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Mr.MileHigh

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we would have gotten something out of him too. It's to late for that. I didn't know he refused to take those tests. The Players who have been with the D for the past 4-8 years have had it tough learning new schemes every year though which puts players in an inconsistent role. Virgil Green shouldn't have been suspended for takin ADD pills they should have let him slide I like him and Thomas
Mile High

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: DJ Williams Reply with quote

[quote="Cutler06"]
Mr.MileHigh wrote:

Well, I think he's right but he refused to take the tests, which is just as guilty in the eyes of the NFL...and if you have nothing to hide, why miss the test ??/quote]

I agree that if you having nothing to hide you wouldn't miss the test. A big issue comes when you look at what's in his system. The punishments for weed, crack, and HGH are probably all VERY different.

Jamison. mad props on this amazing Sig!!!
ProfessorBronco

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ had one of the best seasons of his career after finally getting healthy and getting to play his natural position at the Will. The guy has been murdered both by much of the fan base and the media when all he's ever done on the field is consistently be one of the top 3 or 4 players on his unit all while playing most of his career away from his strongest postion which is obviously Will
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Woodyard can start in this league. He's got a lot of skill for the position, just needs a chance to prove it.

No. Woodyard has a role to play on this team; and it's an important role as a nickel LB and special teams ace. But he's not an every-down starter, especially relative to DJ. We're going to be hurting without DJ; he's an important player who really has no short-comings as a 4-3 WLB.

Cutler06 wrote:
I wish DJ was traded last year to Philly

Mr.MileHigh wrote:
I wish we would have gotten something out of him too.

For a team that is short on good defensive players (and failed to do much to rectify that problem in both the draft and free agency) the last thing we need to do is trade one of our best defensive players. There is no need to go creating holes where there aren't any; that's what Mac did and look where it got us.

ProfessorBronco wrote:
DJ had one of the best seasons of his career after finally getting healthy and getting to play his natural position at the Will. The guy has been murdered both by much of the fan base and the media when all he's ever done on the field is consistently be one of the top 3 or 4 players on his unit all while playing most of his career away from his strongest postion which is obviously Will

I agree, well said.

Look, DJ isn't someone who I would describe as friendly. He's not the best guy off the field, I wouldn't let him watch my kids (if I had kids that is) and he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. He does his job and he does it darn well; he plays through injuries and he's never complained about being asked to play a different position or a different role season after season after season of his career. His play on the field should have earned him a trip or two to Hawaii.

That said, I understand how some fans don't want a person (read: person not player) of his ilk on the team but every team has a few bad apples. Do you guys think that the 53 players on each of the Super Bowl teams were all choir boys off the field?

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
mke1010

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to a story I read on Mcbean's signing with the Ravens, he agreed to drop his suit against the NFL when they reduced his suspension to three games.
It says DJ Williams is still continuing with the suit. I am assuming he would have gotten the same deal as Mcbean. So maybe DJ wants an injunction against the NFL that might not get settled until after the season. Not sure what the deal is. But potentially it might be that DJ already had the offer to have his suspension reduced.
Mr.MileHigh

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
According to a story I read on Mcbean's signing with the Ravens, he agreed to drop his suit against the NFL when they reduced his suspension to three games.
It says DJ Williams is still continuing with the suit. I am assuming he would have gotten the same deal as Mcbean. So maybe DJ wants an injunction against the NFL that might not get settled until after the season. Not sure what the deal is. But potentially it might be that DJ already had the offer to have his suspension reduced.

Yeah DJ declined the settlement... Mostly because he has a non guaranteed 5 million dollar contract and he believes he was wrongfully tested or whatever. This may take a long time to settle that being said gives him more time to play? I'm assuming
mke1010

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.MileHigh wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Yeah DJ declined the settlement... Mostly because he has a non guaranteed 5 million dollar contract and he believes he was wrongfully tested or whatever. This may take a long time to settle that being said gives him more time to play? I'm assuming

I am assuming if he gets an injunction it is likely he will play the whole season without missing any games. He would then have to serve whatever suspension he ends up with next season, if any. He seems pretty confident in declining to sit out just 3 games. Whatever the case, it seems very likely that DJ Williams will not be out long if at all, should he play for the Broncos this year.

Makes you wonder why Green refused to appeal given that his case had extenuating circumstances. This is more puzzling based on the NFL's willingness to cut down the suspensions of Mcbean and Williams to 3 games. Green could probably have gotten his suspension cut down to just 1 or 2 games.

Last edited by mke1010 on Tue May 08, 2012 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what AAA and Professor said.

The guy has been nothing but a good player on the field for his whole career and has been great about playing out of position and with crap in front of him on the line. I think we are going to be missing him more than people think. Obviously he is a goon, but he is a really good player. He is one of Shanny's few draft picks that actually panned out. Even though I still wish we took Stephen Jackson...

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
I agree with what AAA and Professor said.

The guy has been nothing but a good player on the field for his whole career and has been great about playing out of position and with crap in front of him on the line. I think we are going to be missing him more than people think. Obviously he is a goon, but he is a really good player. He is one of Shanny's few draft picks that actually panned out. Even though I still wish we took Stephen Jackson...

It does not seem like we will miss him cos his suspension is likely reduced or there will be none at all for this season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: