Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR Core
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I think our TEs will be able to perform pretty well, specifically in the red zone where god knows we have struggled for so long.

None of them as of yet are real matchup nightmares for defenses but Joel Dreessen has always been above average in the redzone. As an under the radar, 2nd-4th option in goal line situations, he's always been nice. So yeah, he will definately help.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think DeMaryius Thomas has the potential to be an elite WR. The question is can he stay healthy. But there's no arguing that the man has an elite physical skill set.

I think Decker is actually somewhat overrated; not by close observers of the team like us here but by the casual fans who like his good looks, charming personality and blue-collar play style. That said, I think he is more than serviceable as a possession receiver as his work ethic and high football IQ will mesh well with Peyton's style. I see him having a productive year.

I think we're going to regret letting Eddie Royal walk. I don't see how Andre Caldwell or Jason Hill will be able to replicate what Royal could have done in this offense. This year we will see, as we did in 2008, what an asset Royal can be in a competently coached offense with a good QB. Either way that doesn't matter because he is gone.

What I'm most interested to see is the TEs. Julius Thomas was the star of training camp last year but he got hurt and, along with his inability as a blocker, was relegated to an after-thought in the run-heavy Tebow offense. I like the signings of both Tamme and Dreessen a lot and I think both will excel in our offense. They compliment each other in a manner not dissimilar from how Green and Thomas compliment one another. I'm really not sure what to expect from each of the four individually but I'm certain all will contribute their fair share, in different capacities of course, to the offense.

I wish we would have added another WR in the draft but Elway had his heart set on Osweiler so that kind of screwed everything up. It's a position that could use some help as it's very thin but I think we will have enough to get by. If Bay-Bay gets hurt, however, we're in a world of hurt as he's the only one we have with game-changing talent.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the green text Dreessen?
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:

Also a CSU alumni

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Also a CSU alumni
We greentext Colorado State players on here?
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Also a CSU alumni
That way they stand out since there's so few of them Wink

I kid AAA.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Also a CSU alumni

AAA does.

Thanks, Tzimisce
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Eddie could have been a lot better in this offense....but SD payed way too much for him. Not worth that for us.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a lot of 'experts' question Denver's receiving corps also, it kind of bugs me. It's in some ways similar to Oakland's situation. There are no stars, but Decker and Thomas have shown enough potential with mediocre to bad QB play that you wonder what they'll be able to do with someone like Manning throwing to them, I'm inclined to say they're going to have great seasons. I don't see overwhelming evidence to say they're going to bust all of a sudden.

I'm not sold on your 3rd option, depth may become an issue if no one can step up. Stokely, Caldwell, Hill -maybe, but they're just big question to me marks really. But having Tamme and Dreeson will probably mask the issue if WR depth does become a problem. The other thing is Manning has never really struggled because he had bad receiving options, he's always found a way. As long as everyone can perform whatever audible he calls based on the defense he sees. In the end don't see WR being an issue with this new Denver team.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
dbronx42

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Page will be a very intresting guy to watch in camp... Exact same size as Eddie Royal, and had 3 consecutive 1,000 yard season at Toledo. I only saw him play one game last year, but the game i did watch he ripped Ohio State for 12 catches, 145 yards and 2 TD's...

However i do not know much about him. But like i said i'm very interested to see how he will play in camp. Intriguing prospect to put in the slot. He is a reception machine.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
Eric Page will be a very intresting guy to watch in camp... Exact same size as Eddie Royal, and had 3 consecutive 1,000 yard season at Toledo. I only saw him play one game last year, but the game i did watch he ripped Ohio State for 12 catches, 145 yards and 2 TD's...

However i do not know much about him. But like i said i'm very interested to see how he will play in camp. Intriguing prospect to put in the slot. He is a reception machine.
He's not close to the same kind of athlete that Eddie was, maybe more lateral quickness but his straight line speed isn't good.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
But there's no arguing that the man has an elite physical skill set.

I would argue. I don't think there's literally anything elite about Thomas' skillset.
Nyko1990

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
But there's no arguing that the man has an elite physical skill set.

I would argue. I don't think there's literally anything elite about Thomas' skillset.

All he really doesn't do well is run routes correctly... He has an elite body mold and has had and is improving on his ability to "go up and get the ball"

I could see an astronomical improvment in his play this year as he has not been sidelined recently, is coming off of an incredable stretch of games at the end of the season, and he now has a QB that is 50x the passer that the last one was.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nyko1990 wrote:
All he really doesn't do well is run routes correctly... He has an elite body mold and has had and is improving on his ability to "go up and get the ball"

I could see an astronomical improvment in his play this year as he has not been sidelined recently, is coming off of an incredable stretch of games at the end of the season, and he now has a QB that is 50x the passer that the last one was.

I'm not going to argue that Peyton Manning can make him look good, but I think people, not just Broncos fans, but all people who talk about the NFL have way overhyped Thomas' performance last season. The guy had "big games" from playing against terrible secondaries who suffered from huge breakdowns and other games where he was able to beat guys one on one with no help because of defenses adjusting for the run offense or getting burned by play action. In reality I don't think Thomas' in-air agility, explosiveness, or after the catch ability are nearly in the same class as the people he is often compared to. Many receivers could win against the types of coverages Thomas was seeing.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here is someone who believes Thomas will emerge as the superstar wideout for the Broncos: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19007850/breakout-stars-broncos-thomas-at-top-of-list-of-guys-ready-to-shine

I really don't know who will benefit more from Manning, Thomas or Decker? Decker seems more like the type of WR Manning likes to run his offense with. Wayne and Eric are similar- both not that fast, not flashy, but smart rout runners with good hands. Demaryius, however, is the kind of physical receiver Manning's never had.

18 and 87 really seam to have hit it off in terms of a fruitful professional relationship. Perhaps 88 is able to join the brotherhood as well?[/url]

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: