Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

mays penciled in at starter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ickyshuffle

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: mays penciled in at starter? Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5760/taylor-mays

we cut crocker and didn't draft or sign anyone good. I mean I would love to see Taylor Mays play if he could play like he did in college but he hasn't exactly made the transition.
theJ

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no one else on the roster that will beat him out. I'd put it in pen.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:

I think Clements could be a damn fine safety for a couple years. Sure tackler, good instincts. His issue is he has lost a step or two, something that could be mitigated at safety.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
theJ

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
theJ wrote:

I think Clements could be a damn fine safety for a couple years. Sure tackler, good instincts. His issue is he has lost a step or two, something that could be mitigated at safety.

I don't think there's any way they move him with Hall's injury. It'd leave the team with Newman, Allen, Jones, Prater and Ghee. Clements is certainly better than those guys.

Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
theJ wrote:

I don't think there's any way they move him with Hall's injury. It'd leave the team with Newman, Allen, Jones, Prater and Ghee. Clements is certainly better than those guys.

Forgot about Dre? He will be our #1 until Hall is 100%. I look forward to next year having Hall and Dre as our #1 and #2. I think I could play nickelback and it would still be one of the top 2ary's in the league next year.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
theJ wrote:

Forgot about Dre? He will be our #1 until Hall is 100%. I look forward to next year having Hall and Dre as our #1 and #2. I think I could play nickelback and it would still be one of the top 2ary's in the league next year.

Yeah i did haha. Point still remains: if Clements is moved there is no great #2. It would be kind of silly to move him before Hall was ready, IMO. And if they were going to do this, it would have to be now. Not during training camp, not in week 6. Now. And since they won't know if Hall is ready until training camp, Clements will be playing CB i would think.

futbudds

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't really see anything out of sands last year but I would hope he has a training camp shot at winning the starting job. At least a viable backup the gets some playing time.
Who-dey

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We better hope our D-line is as good as we think they are. We are going to need some serious pressure on the QB to cover up the lack of coverage skills we have in the back field.

Adopt a Bengal: Reggie Nelson and Mike Zimmer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: