Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

mays penciled in at starter?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ickyshuffle


Joined: 29 Jun 2010
Posts: 22
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: mays penciled in at starter? Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5760/taylor-mays

we cut crocker and didn't draft or sign anyone good. I mean I would love to see Taylor Mays play if he could play like he did in college but he hasn't exactly made the transition.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 19414
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no one else on the roster that will beat him out. I'd put it in pen.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15822
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
There's no one else on the roster that will beat him out. I'd put it in pen.


I think Clements could be a damn fine safety for a couple years. Sure tackler, good instincts. His issue is he has lost a step or two, something that could be mitigated at safety.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 19414
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
theJ wrote:
There's no one else on the roster that will beat him out. I'd put it in pen.


I think Clements could be a damn fine safety for a couple years. Sure tackler, good instincts. His issue is he has lost a step or two, something that could be mitigated at safety.


I don't think there's any way they move him with Hall's injury. It'd leave the team with Newman, Allen, Jones, Prater and Ghee. Clements is certainly better than those guys.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carson4MVP


Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 1727
Location: Hilliard
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
theJ wrote:
There's no one else on the roster that will beat him out. I'd put it in pen.


I think Clements could be a damn fine safety for a couple years. Sure tackler, good instincts. His issue is he has lost a step or two, something that could be mitigated at safety.


I don't think there's any way they move him with Hall's injury. It'd leave the team with Newman, Allen, Jones, Prater and Ghee. Clements is certainly better than those guys.


Forgot about Dre? He will be our #1 until Hall is 100%. I look forward to next year having Hall and Dre as our #1 and #2. I think I could play nickelback and it would still be one of the top 2ary's in the league next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 19414
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
theJ wrote:
There's no one else on the roster that will beat him out. I'd put it in pen.


I think Clements could be a damn fine safety for a couple years. Sure tackler, good instincts. His issue is he has lost a step or two, something that could be mitigated at safety.


I don't think there's any way they move him with Hall's injury. It'd leave the team with Newman, Allen, Jones, Prater and Ghee. Clements is certainly better than those guys.


Forgot about Dre? He will be our #1 until Hall is 100%. I look forward to next year having Hall and Dre as our #1 and #2. I think I could play nickelback and it would still be one of the top 2ary's in the league next year.


Yeah i did haha. Point still remains: if Clements is moved there is no great #2. It would be kind of silly to move him before Hall was ready, IMO. And if they were going to do this, it would have to be now. Not during training camp, not in week 6. Now. And since they won't know if Hall is ready until training camp, Clements will be playing CB i would think.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
futbudds


Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 1679
Location: Neptune Beach Fl
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't really see anything out of sands last year but I would hope he has a training camp shot at winning the starting job. At least a viable backup the gets some playing time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Who-dey


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 1021
Location: Too close to Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We better hope our D-line is as good as we think they are. We are going to need some serious pressure on the QB to cover up the lack of coverage skills we have in the back field.
_________________


Adopt a Bengal: Reggie Nelson and Mike Zimmer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group