Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why do you love the Giants?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Why do you love the Giants?
Born into it (home team)
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
The royal blue is so sexy
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Eli man crush
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
The presitious history of the organization
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Pfft they just know how to win SB's
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Shockeys drunk
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 23

Save The Hero

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The New York thing was definitely a factor, since I moved here when I was 9. The defense and Tiki Barber brought me in to it though. I actually watched a Jet game first but never liked them.

I actually didnt like Eli at all until the first SB win. I wanted Brady Quinn so bad and for us to dump Eli on the Dolphins (were rumored to be interested). Laughing

^Stone85 on the sig^
bagh

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Ive been a Giants fan my whole life, but I didn't really become an ardent fan till the 04 draft which brought Eli to NYC. I uhh...wanted the Giants to draft Robert Gallery Embarassed

You aren't alone. I thought he would be a safer pick than one of the QBs. Hence, why I don't have a front office job with the Giants.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to date myself a bit here...but I was a kid watching the Superbowl at a big Superbowl party, under the food table right in front of a giant projection TV when the Bills kicker barely missed the winning FG. If they had made it I'd probably be a Bills fan. Thank god he missed. Shocked Laughing

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I can't sing
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Ive been a Giants fan my whole life, but I didn't really become an ardent fan till the 04 draft which brought Eli to NYC. I uhh...wanted the Giants to draft Robert Gallery Embarassed

I couldn't even imagine how horrible we would be right now if that happened. Probably have Colt Mccoy as our QB or something. Laughing

Pssst...I wanted Brady Quinn in 2007. Laughing

Really I was all for Eli. I remember being so pissed when SD picked him. And then we picked that arrogant prick Rivers. And then Berman was hinting that the trade was already in place and I was just dying for them to announce it. I wasn't happy we gave away the farm but I DID NOT want Rivers. I would have settled for Ben though.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:

I couldn't even imagine how horrible we would be right now if that happened. Probably have Colt Mccoy as our QB or something. Laughing

Really I was all for Eli. I remember being so pissed when SD picked him. And then we picked that arrogant prick Rivers. And then Berman was hinting that the trade was already in place and I was just dying for them to announce it. I wasn't happy we gave away the farm but I DID NOT want Rivers. I would have settled for Ben though.

I remember being happy when we traded for him, but was Rivers a prick even back then?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:

I remember being happy when we traded for him, but was Rivers a prick even back then?

I just couldn't stand him. Dude just looks like a prick. I swear if he was a Giant I would HATE him and be campaigning against him all the time Laughing

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:

I just couldn't stand him. Dude just looks like a prick. I swear if he was a Giant I would HATE him and be campaigning against him all the time Laughing

Kerry Collins was something of a DB when we got him. What'd you think of him?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:

Kerry Collins was something of a DB when we got him. What'd you think of him?

Ehh... He won me over after a while. Rivers is still a db

Rase

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because a store in Salt Lake didn't have a Peyton Manning jersey so my father brought me a jersey of the other Manning

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rase wrote:
Because a store in Salt Lake didn't have a Peyton Manning jersey so my father brought me a jersey of the other Manning

In this forum Peyton is the other Manning Wink

Apparently Rivers has like 5 daughters and goes around preaching abstinence. Who knew?
Rich51

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
In 7th grade I joined this forum, and the rest is history.

In 7th grade my family didnt even have a PC. I feel old....

When i was in the 7th grade, the Jets weren't even around yet. I've been a jet fan since Namath came into the league but I still root for the giants against the other 30 teams. I think it's a local issue for me. I could never see myself rooting for a team outside of ny/nj. Even when I retire to Florida I'll still be cheering on the green and blue

By the way I loved your draft, especially McCants, Randle, and Mosely
56GiantPens66

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I became a Giants fan originally because of L.T. still my all-time favorite football player.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Rase wrote:

In this forum Peyton is the other Manning Wink

Apparently Rivers has like 5 daughters and goes around preaching abstinence. Who knew?

Yeah I've heard Philip Rivers is quite the role model off the field and I like that he teaches that kind of stuff. That's why I wouldn't say I hate Rivers, but on the field he definitely resembles the typical jock.
titwio

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was too young to know what football was, I remember a crowd of my family members (uncles, cousins, siblings, etc...) yelling and getting excited over some team in blue on the telly...

So from then on, I decided to join in on the commotion and never turned back. Became a fan for life. Guess you can say I was born into it.

*Actually started the same way for me with the Yankees too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: