Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Golden Tate
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Golden Tate Reply with quote

Hello, Seahawk fans I come in peace. I was a huge Tate fan coming into the 2010 draft and wanted Tampa to take him in the 2nd round over Rejus Benn. Just curious to hear, how Tate has panned out for you guys. Looks to me, as a starter he has produced at a decent level. And I loved his YAC ability in the open field(he was a RB in high school converted WR)

With better QB play, what do you expect Tate to average per year. Does he strike you as a #1 or #2 when you see him play? I've always thought he had Steve Smith(CAR) like ability for jump balls and was nasty with the ball in his hands. Are we looking at a 50-60 reception guy with 750-800 yards per year or could he develop into a 80-90/ 1,000-1,200 receiver?
Pithy Radish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Golden Tate Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Hello, Seahawk fans I come in peace. I was a huge Tate fan coming into the 2010 draft and wanted Tampa to take him in the 2nd round over Rejus Benn. Just curious to hear, how Tate has panned out for you guys. Looks to me, as a starter he has produced at a decent level. And I loved his YAC ability in the open field(he was a RB in high school converted WR)

With better QB play, what do you expect Tate to average per year. Does he strike you as a #1 or #2 when you see him play? I've always thought he had Steve Smith(CAR) like ability for jump balls and was nasty with the ball in his hands. Are we looking at a 50-60 reception guy with 750-800 yards per year or could he develop into a 80-90/ 1,000-1,200 receiver?

Golden Tate can be summed up in one word: Raw. When he came into the league in 2010, his route running was dismal. He didn't know where to line up, and everytime he took to the field he made a big error. Pete responded by making him dead last on the depth chart. In 2011 Golden Tate made many positive strides. He showed a semblence of route running abillity, and he stopped catching the ball with his body. Tate also cut down on stupid penalties, however these things still persisted to some extent with Tate. For example --- Rookie receiver Doug Baldwin had to show Tate where to line up on the field on more than one occasion.

His struggles in the NFL become more clear when you know his background. He was a RB coming out of high school, and he still played like a runningback at ND while at WR. Tate played baseball, and football at the same time, because he was not able to really practice or hone his craft.

His first year in the NFL he slacked off, or at least it sounds like he did. He tore up practices, and he thought he could dominate right away, with minimal effort. The NFL proved him wrong. Tate was a non-factor his first year. This year he worked his butt off, and it paid dividends, although he still has a long way to go to be more than a number 3-4 receiver.
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could probably be our long term #2 if he REALLY puts in work. The problem is that Pete likes big WR's on the outside and Doug Baldwin looks to hold down the #3 spot.

He has shown the raw talent that got the hype at ND. He just needs to keep working at it.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once he got a chance to play consistantly he showed that he can be a good reciever in this league. He is pretty decent after the catch and has good fans, I dont think he dropped a pass this year.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
eternalsoldier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened with Mike Williams last year? I loved what he did his first year back but then last year he was just a non story...?
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eternalsoldier wrote:
What happened with Mike Williams last year? I loved what he did his first year back but then last year he was just a non story...?

T-Jack would never target him i think he was also playing through a injury.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eternalsoldier wrote:

He got fat and lazy again.
sirensong

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
eternalsoldier wrote:

That's such a load dude... Whats with you and spewing the garbage you have been for the last month?
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
eternalsoldier wrote:

That's such a load dude... Whats with you and spewing the garbage you have been for the last month?
Hey now, no need to attack him. Osprey is a man of fierce opinions Laughing In this case, I would agree, it's a false statement.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eternalsoldier wrote:

He was a bit out of shape.

But the big problem is that T-Jack us unable to use him like Hass could.

Matt Flynn looks like a QB who is similar to Hass, so BMW could have a good year.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Golden Tate was one of the bigger surprises from last year. He showed much improvement after an atrocious rookie year. IF he can make the same kind of strides this year then I would look for him to solidify his spot at WR. He is good after the catch, but he really needs to raise his before the catch skills, which has a lot to do with work ethic and he showed last year that he is capable of making strides in that department. Hopefully, it continues.

Sheldon Cooper
bzane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Golden Tate Reply with quote

indifference wrote:

Golden Tate in 2011, his second season, caught 35 passes, avg 10.9, with 3 TD's.

He also showed moral progress by not breaking into any doughnut shops to steal maple bars (the money from his second-round draft pick contract apparently being inadequate in his rookie year).

Big Mike Williams in 2011 caught 18 passes for a 13.1 avg, and 1 TD.

The rookie Doug Baldwin mentioned above led Seattle in receptions, avg., and receiving TD's- 51 for 15.5, with 4 TD's.
animaltested

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
sirensong wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
eternalsoldier wrote:

Hey now, no need to attack him. Osprey is a man of fierce opinions Laughing In this case, I would agree, it's a false statement.

Big Mikes problem this year was T-Jack. He worked well with Matt because, Matt knew the difference between "open" and "NFL open", which T-Jack could not recognize. Mike doesnt get any separation from the DB, and in T-Jacks eyes, he was never open. Matt knew that, eventhough, Mike didnt get separation, he was still open, due to his size, positioning, and large hands.

Quote:
If you don't care for obscenity, you don't care for the truth; if you don't care for the truth, watch how you vote.
imani

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tate has the hands, speed, quickness and YAC ability to be a 1,000 yard receiver in this league

What's holding him back is experience, route runnning, maturity, consistency and quarterback play. It's going to take a lot for him to defy those odd's as a player....but he has the potential to do so. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the time to do so comfortably on this team

If we don't see 40+ catches, 600+ yards and 4+ tpuchdowns at the very least from him this season(in ALL categories)....he won't be a seahawk the following year IMO. That'll hurt, because i'd hate to see him blossom somewhere else. He needs to run routes with flynn, stay after practice, hit the weights, blowup an air mattress in the film room, etc and figure it out this offseason. This is his last chance. I'm definitely in his corner, but this business won't be unless he produces something. One of the players on this roster that can least afford to be injured

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Williams crappy season was a result of Tarvaris. Mike Williams will never get separation from anyone. His asset is being able to go up in traffic and out physical any cornerback and use his BIG body, hands, arms, to go FETCH balls.

Jackson never threw those kind of passes to him, which I think was also a product of Carroll. I don't think Carroll trusted Jackson enough to make those throws (like Hasselbeck).

If Flynn turns out to be what he was in the 6TD game, Mike Williams will be huge again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: