Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Next offseason, what will be our greatest need?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Next Offseason, What will be our greatest need?
QB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
RB
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
WR
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
TE
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
FB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
OT
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
OG
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
OC
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
MLB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
OLB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
FS
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
SS
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
CB
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
DE
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
DT
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

chpjns15

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Next offseason, what will be our greatest need? Reply with quote

Personally, I think it has to be either WR, CB, or OLB.

Right now, WR is my #1 because Sidney Rice cant stay healthy, and Mike Williams disappeared last season. Also Doug Baldwin is just a slot receiver, Deon Butler can't stay healthy, and while Golden Tate has shown potential, if he doesn't have a good year next year, who knows whether he will even be on the team next season. One WR prospect that has me interested in particular, and will most likely go around where we are drafting, is Marquess Wilson. Maybe i am just a homer, but he would be an amazing deep threat on this team.

My #2 is CB because while Sherman and Browner are a nasty duo, our secondary has a history of getting banged up. Also WT3 cant stay healthy, and other than him we dont have much depth at CB. Unless Jeremy Lane ends up being a stud, I could definitely see CB being a top priority next offseason.

Lastly, my #3 is OLB, because Leroy Hill is only around for one more year. And I highly doubt Toomer will be anything special. While we did just draft Bobby Wagner, my assumption is that he will be put at MLB. What I am really looking for here is a linebacker who can get to the passer.

I could also see us needing an O-lineman next offseason or a pass-rushing DT if Jason Jones greatly disappoints.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR or OL

It is going to be offense though.

Props to Kempes on the sig.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly.......

I don't know Laughing

It's going to depend so much on how everyone looks this year. I don't even think we have a "need" going into this season, but I expect that to change. I just couldn't tell you where.

If Flynn flops, QB is a need.

If Rice/BMW flop, WR is a need.

If Hill isn't resigned, WLB is a need.

If Browner or Sherman are duds, CB is a need.

If we don't like what we see out of Carp, Moffitt, or Breno, OLine is a need.

It really depends on the guys we currently have.
imani

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wide Receiver, we're just "stuck" at the position at the moment. One of Rice, Williams or Tate will greatly disappoint this season and that's when we'll make our addition of a #1 to replace the weakest link of that group. If this season goes as planned, we'll be in perfect draft position anyway. We still don't have a solid #1 IMO. Sidney rice is a #2 who has #1 moments in my eyes

In fact, i think there will only be 2 WR's that even look solid going forward for this team at the end of 2012. That'll be Baldwin and Williams/Tate/Lockette (sidney rice doesn't count, because he's guaranteed to stay a seahawk unless he hits IR again) with everyone else being needed depth. BMW or Tate will be gone in 2013, i guarantee it

Robert Woods, Keenan Allen, Marques Wilson, Justin Hunter or Da'Rick Rogers need to be a seahawk next year....period

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
imani

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get less than 7 wins, this answer will automatically change to QB, however

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
If we get less than 7 wins, this answer will automatically change to QB, however

I don't think so. If Flynn isn't the answer then I don't think Pete would hesitate to put ib Tjack or Wilson. I truly believe that we are set at QB for a minimum of 2 years. Unless we happen to get a top 3 pick. Then we would probably be looking for a new HC as well.

WR should be our biggest need need next year. Williams will be going into a contract year and I think Tate will be as well. That leaves us with Durham or lockette As our #2 scary
Meeker

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB - I like our options at QB right now and don't think it will be a need. But if it is, luckily we aren't financially locked into any of our current QBs.

RB - One of the least likely positions, but all it takes is one injury or Lynch could completely regress...unlikely, but not impossible.

FB - Robinson played very well last season and I think he will build off it. We could look for a more traditional FB late...

WR - This is a year to sort out exactly what we have at WR. Can Rice stay healthy? Can Williams get back to 2010 form? Will Tate continue to improve? What exactly do we have in Kris Durham? Deon Butler? Ricardo Lockette? Think we know what we have with Baldwin and Obomanu, a great slot and #4/5 (and special teamer). This would be my #1 need choice.

TE - I thought we should have grabbed one in the mid rounds of the draft. We could use a better #2, McCoy disappointed last season with numerous easy drops. Would be high on my needs list atm.

OL - We have 4 starters pretty much set in stone with Okung, Unger, Moffitt, and Carpenter. We also have great depth and I'm very comfortable with out depth with the way Giacomini, Jeanpierre, and McQuistan stepped in last year who will compete for the fifth spot with Lutui. The unknowns are of course the play of the young guys, if Okung can stay healthy and if Unger will stay or get a better offer elsewhere. We could be looking at another 1st round OL again. I wouldn't bet on it, but you never know.

DL - Mebane's a rock, but both Branch and Jones are FAs after this year and the rest behind them are largely unproven. We just took Irvin to replace Clemons if he gets a huge deal elsewhere, we can find situational guys later in the draft. DT is one of the positions we could have grabbed in the 1st this year and would tied with WR as our #1 need next offseason as of now.

LB - Hill is only on a 1 year deal, but I don't think we will grab his replacement in the 1st, if both Toomer and Smith fail to show much as his possible replacement. Although, if Wright doesn't improve his pass rush, maybe we look for a SLB and shift Wright and Wagner over...with the premium on pass rush its a possible we grab one in the 1st.

CB - Both Browner and Sherman have only been here a year and its possible they regress...with Trufant's age and Thurmond's injuries, it could prove to be a 1st round need.

S - Lol, outside of career ending injuries, no.

So

WR or DT

Quote:
Shawn Lynch ‏@MoneyLynch 3m
This is Steven Hauschka and I'm tweeting from Marshawn's account. Please vote me into the pro bowl.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think RB is still a need. We need a speed guy to replace Leon.
Dr.Seahawk

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

On March 1, 2011 Washington signed a four year deal worth $12.5 million to stay with the Seattle Seahawks.

Did we cut him?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Flynn and Wilson and I am optimistic.

But the #1 need until proven otherwise, and it will remain, is QB - without a doubt.

Should we be pleasantly suprised at QB then we need to get a bigtime perimeter WR prospect on the roster.

Re-upping Unger will be pretty vital too. He's become so good under Cable.

At CB, Richard Sherman is a longterm answer, no doubt. I like Browner, but I am torn, he could progress into a bigtime CB or he could get exposed. Even then, I think CB is a position that PC feels he can get good value at and coach up big guys that can run and might not spend 1st rounders on the position save for the opportunity to draft a Revis or Haden level of prospect.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.Seahawk wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

On March 1, 2011 Washington signed a four year deal worth $12.5 million to stay with the Seattle Seahawks.

Did we cut him?

No, but I doubt he survives the life of that deal if he's as ineffective on offense as he was last year.
Meeker

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Dr.Seahawk wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Did we cut him?

No, but I doubt he survives the life of that deal if he's as ineffective on offense as he was last year.

Pete likes physical runners, replacing Leon won't be a major need when the time comes IMO.

Quote:
This is Steven Hauschka and I'm tweeting from Marshawn's account. Please vote me into the pro bowl.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Dr.Seahawk wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Did we cut him?

Pete likes physical runners, replacing Leon won't be a major need when the time comes IMO.
He's also always been a big fan of a Reggie Bush/Joe McKnight type.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Meeker

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Meeker wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Dr.Seahawk wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Did we cut him?

Yes, but I don't think he will look for those type in the first, as he likes his primary rushers to be in the physical mold. But of course it could end up being BPA...

Quote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Meeker wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Dr.Seahawk wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Did we cut him?

Yes, but I don't think he will look for those type in the first, as he likes his primary rushers to be in the physical mold. But of course it could end up being BPA...

Well we already have our two bruisers. The next way to take this offense to the elite level is to get a Darren Sproles esque player out of the backfield.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: