Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 College prospects thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second round WR talent in this draft is ridiculous.

Realistically, we can assume the following guys definitely go Round 1:

Cordarelle Patterson, Tavon Austin

Guys like Keenan Allen, DeAndre Hopkins, and Justin Hunter might depending on pro-day, but I think at least one of them falls to the second.

Then you have the following:

Robert Woods, Quinton Patton, Terrance Williams, Da'Rick Rogers, Cobi Hamilton, Ryan Swope, Markus Wheaton

That's an insane glut of talent. Hell, some of these guys might fall to Round 3. If we can land some of these guys (I love Quinton Patton and Markus Wheaton) that would be awesome.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

Guys like Keenan Allen, DeAndre Hopkins, and Justin Hunter might depending on pro-day, but I think at least one of them falls to the second.

Robert Woods, Quinton Patton, Terrance Williams, Da'Rick Rogers, Cobi Hamilton, Ryan Swope, Markus Wheaton

That's an insane glut of talent. Hell, some of these guys might fall to Round 3. If we can land some of these guys (I love Quinton Patton and Markus Wheaton) that would be awesome.

Given the glut of talent I don't see us spending a 1st there but depending on how they fall, a 2nd or 3rd should still get a quality contributor.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Given the glut of talent I don't see us spending a 1st there but depending on how they fall, a 2nd or 3rd should still get a quality contributor.

Honestly, outside of Austin (who I think is definitely a darkhorse) I don't see us taking a guy in the first. Cecil Lammey said that WR could be addressed Round 2, so I could see that. The value is there for sure.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Honestly, outside of Austin (who I think is definitely a darkhorse) I don't see us taking a guy in the first. Cecil Lammey said that WR could be addressed Round 2, so I could see that. The value is there for sure.

Pretty deep class. I was reading lots of WR reviews from various sources the other day and depending on who you believe there are between 15-20 considered to have immediate NFL talent with about the same number developmental.

That's a bunch.
Donut

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

Keenan Allen should be in the first group. He's a pretty solid and safe W prospect that should go in first round and at worst should be th 2nd best WR.
I dont think Hopkins is that good. There's no top tier WR like Green or JJ but a bunch of guys are just middling guys like Wheaton, Swope, bailey, Hamilton etc... The best value for WR is late 2nd to early 4th imo.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Keenan Allen should be in the first group. He's a pretty solid and safe W prospect that should go in first round and at worst should be th 2nd best WR.
I dont think Hopkins is that good. There's no top tier WR like Green or JJ but a bunch of guys are just middling guys like Wheaton, Swope, bailey, Hamilton etc... The best value for WR is late 2nd to early 4th imo.

I like Keenan Allen more than most do, but I'm not sure if he'll go first because of the injury. Like I said, if he has a good pro day he's a no brainer in the first.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Cruzp23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone here heard of jordan campbell weakside linebacker???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DgDePoVAjk

work ethic that matches tebows

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeAndre Hopkins is my favorite WR in this draft. He'll be a very very good player in the NFL. The way he dominated games once (the elite) Sammy Watkins went down, shows everything to me. Hes going to be a beast.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
DeAndre Hopkins is my favorite WR in this draft. He'll be a very very good player in the NFL. The way he dominated games once (the elite) Sammy Watkins went down, shows everything to me. Hes going to be a beast.

That said, would you spend a 1st on him?

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Depending on who else is on the board... But in this case if were talking "Pure 1st round talent and value"?

Yes. In a heartbeat. Hes going to be that good.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Depending on who else is on the board... But in this case if were talking "Pure 1st round talent and value"?

really? I watched him a few times and he was good, but I didn't see a 1st round pick good.
Cruzp23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan campbell projected 5th round dudes a monster!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DgDePoVAjk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackedUP wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

really? I watched him a few times and he was good, but I didn't see a 1st round pick good.

Well let me put it this way...

Hes in that group of 30 or so players that can be taken around #20 to mid-2. The depth at the end of the first is so good, you really dont have true 1st round value like you did in previous years. Theres no "lock" for 1st round talents.

I also think his skill set was overshadowed by the elite Sammy Watkins, who'll likely be a top-8 pick in next years draft.

Look at his season. When Watkins was out, Hopkins went for 13 rec 119 yds 1TD and 6 rec 105yds 3 TDs. There was only one game last year where he didnt have at least one TD. Also, his QB situation wasnt the greatest at times last year.

I can see Hopkins go as high as 16 to St Louis. I have Dwayne Bowe like potential in Hopkins.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmond Trufant is the guy i want at 28. More i watch him, more i think he will be an excellent #2 CB in the league.

Thanks to Delphi83 for the incredible sig and Avatar!
Von Miller 2011 DROY!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another article by Kirwan. I always enjoy reading his take. Here on the D-linemen in the draft with the best fitting scheme/position:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pat-kirwan/21823671/in-deep-pool-of-dline-talent-schemes-will-dictate-picks

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 65 of 83

Jump to: