Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 College prospects thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
What does everyone think of David Amerson? I am starting to warm to him. He had a down year, but has immense play making talents. In addition, he showed surprising fluidity and straight line speed at the combine. He has crazy potential and could be a excellent pick at the end of the 2nd round.

In the second, I take him and make him a safety. I don't like his CB ability. I think he's gonna struggle there as a pro.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
What does everyone think of David Amerson? I am starting to warm to him. He had a down year, but has immense play making talents. In addition, he showed surprising fluidity and straight line speed at the combine. He has crazy potential and could be a excellent pick at the end of the 2nd round.

In the second, I take him and make him a safety. I don't like his CB ability. I think he's gonna struggle there as a pro.

I agree. Very Much a Malcolm Jenkins mold

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Jeremiah, who is fairly connected I believe, and makes his mocks based off his assumptions and what he hears has the Broncos selecting Desmond Trufant.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elliot878

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone think Robert Woods sneaks into the first?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Daniel Jeremiah, who is fairly connected I believe, and makes his mocks based off his assumptions and what he hears has the Broncos selecting Desmond Trufant.

I wouldn't mind a CB a bit. I've read conflicting opinions on Trufant. Whats your take?
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I think that Trufant may be moving up the boards and out of our draft range. If he is there at #28, IMO he is the pick.
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

I wouldn't mind a CB a bit. I've read conflicting opinions on Trufant. Whats your take?

I think he's better than some other CBs who will be around at that point (Jamar Taylor, Slay, Poyer) but I would take Xavier Rhodes over him all things equal. Trufant is really good in man coverage though, so to that end I like him a lot.

Thanks, Tzimisce
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

I wouldn't have a problem with Trufant. I've never watched him, but based off of what i have read he has about everything you could ask for from a physical perspective. He's nearly 6 foot 190 pounds with excellent speed and movement skills.

Again, off of what i have read aside from mental lapses (which can be corrected, i guess) most of his issues come from technique, where he is choppy changing directions and what not.

As far as talent goes at CB one can't do much better than Trufant.
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

I wouldn't have a problem with Trufant. I've never watched him, but based off of what i have read he has about everything you could ask for from a physical perspective. He's nearly 6 foot 190 pounds with excellent speed and movement skills.

Again, off of what i have read aside from mental lapses (which can be corrected, i guess) most of his issues come from technique, where he is choppy changing directions and what not.

I know its a generalization. However, I always get worried about a prospects who rise has happened almost completely post-season.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

I know its a generalization. However, I always get worried about a prospects who rise has happened almost completely post-season.

While Trufant has risen more in the postseason, he was a known commodity before the season started. I remember seeing him as a 2nd/3rd round pick mid college season and listed as a top 5 Senior CB.

He seems to have always been in the mix as a mid round guy.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Anyone think Robert Woods sneaks into the first?

Not me. Too many quality WR's that wont make it into and should be ahead of him.

Im a VERY big fan of DeAndre Hopkins and think he might not even make it into the 1st. Hes going to be a beast in the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

DJ's mocks are more of a player ranker.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'd like some input on Hunt from SMU.

Can't think of any man that size that's such a physical freak. His combine #'s are obscene. World Class athlete so we now he's trainable. I don't know, never seen him play but I find him really intriguing.

Only question I've got is "can he play"? Seems like some good coaching on the next level could develop a monster.
elliot878

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

Can't think of any man that size that's such a physical freak. His combine #'s are obscene. World Class athlete so we now he's trainable. I don't know, never seen him play but I find him really intriguing.

Only question I've got is "can he play"? Seems like some good coaching on the next level could develop a monster.

He's 26. He sure can block kicks though. I don't see him being more than an average starter at best.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

Hes such an intriguing player. Someone whose only played football for 3 years and has really picked up the game quick. Sure hes got some things to work on but dont say he cant be taught those things or his athletic ability will hinder him from learning.

Right now, Id look at low-1 to low-2 range. Hes in that crop of 30 or so players that could easily be a 1st rounder or go in the late 2nd. Id say a mid-2 is a fair grade on him right now but hes only going to get better so his potential is through the roof. He could jump up boards very quickly depending how he grades in the meeting rooms.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 63 of 83

Jump to: