Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 College prospects thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
To our college experts in this forum:

Who are potential first round...

MLBs
WLBs
DTs
DEs

that could be in the 21-32 range and fit our system?

I'm not an expert, but here are some players to watch:

MLB
Manti Teo, Notre Dame
Shayne Skov, Stanford
Chase Thomas, Stanford

WLB
Sean Porter, Texas A&M
Jonathan Brown, Illinois

DT
Star Lotulelei, Utah (might be a top-ten pick)
Jonathan Hankins, Ohio State
Kawann Short, Purdue
John Jenkins, Georgia
Jesse Williams, Alabama

DE
Bjoern Werner, Florida State
Sam Montgomery, LSU
Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas
Alex Okafor, Texas
William Gholston, Michigan State
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
To our college experts in this forum:

Who are potential first round...

MLBs
WLBs
DTs
DEs

that could be in the 21-32 range and fit our system?

I'm not an expert, but here are some players to watch:

MLB
Manti Teo, Notre Dame
Shayne Skov, Stanford
Chase Thomas, Stanford

WLB
Sean Porter, Texas A&M
Jonathan Brown, Illinois

DT
Jonathan Hankins, Ohio State
Kawann Short, Purdue
John Jenkins, Georgia
Jesse Williams, Alabama

DE
Bjoern Werner, Florida State
Sam Montgomery, LSU
Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas
Alex Okafor, Texas
William Gholston, Michigan State

Thanks. Now I have some specific players to watch and do research on.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
DT

I'm offended (not really)
Might be? Might be?!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the LB's and OL will be the direction we look to.

Barrett Jones would be a great selection, if available. Has played at an All-Pro level at G,T and now C.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manti Te'o and a good DT or 10.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Manti Te'o and a good DT or 10.

I do like T'eo. HOwever, I think the OL is the best way to go. Outside of CLady we have question marks at every other position.

My rankings:

1. .Luke Joekel
2. Jake Matthews
3. Barrett Jones ( I see him as more of a OG/OC, but he could play T)
4. DJ Fluker
5. Trevor Lewan
6. Ricky Wagner
7. Chris Faulk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After two games, I think we definately go after LBs high. In fact, unless the other teams ahead of us completely empty the linebacking prospect pool, I think it is almost a given that we draft a WLB or MLB in the 1st. OL or DL in the 2nd. DJ won't be on the team next year and Mays is a very poor man's Lofton. Imagine the line-up: Miller-Te'o-Woodyard or Miller-Mays-Porter. Both are looking good on paper, but I'd rather have the former.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
germ-x

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been busy boys and haven't been able to post as much as usual.

Anyway, earlier in the week I was able to catch a re-run of the Cal/OSU game. I came away really impressed with Cal WR Keenan Allen. He is just a sound all around football player and I think that will carry over into the NFL. He reminds me of Eric Decker while at Minnesota. Allen is a big target, but doesn't possess elite physical tools, though, he runs great routes and has very good hands. I really like him as a late 1st/2nd round type guy right now. A pretty safe pick IMO.

Jonathan Hankins was also impressive I thought. After a single game you can see he is an exceptional athlete for a 330+ pounder and it makes him a difficult player to block. He worked hard all game as well. I loved seeing him work down the LOS on run plays taking 2 or 3 blockers with him and preventing any thought of a cut back from Cal ball carriers. It is apparent that he is quite raw, especially as a rusher, but based on his size, talent, motor, and production I would place him firmly in the top 15, but he could easily rise into the top 10.
germ-x

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been flipping back and forth between the Virginia/TCU and WVU/Maryland games, though neither game is over i feel pretty comfortable with what i have seen.

Virginia OT Oday Aboushi doesn't do anything that really stands out (though i was really impressed with his ability to work in space at the 2nd level), but it is easy to see why most "experts" have him rated as a 2nd round pick and potential late 1st round pick. TCU doesn't have anything scary defensively and Aboushi made it look pretty easy. He has good size and requisite athleticism. Looked good in both pass protection and run blocking and aside from giving up a bit on a play he didn't have any problems with blocking the TCU defense. Like Keenan Allen at WR, Aboushi looks like a very sound all around player.

West Virginia WR Tavon Austin is a weapon. I think he'll be a niche player, but he is a big play guy that an NFL team could involve in the offense in a variety of way while also being a threat as a returner. As for me, i probably wouldn't take him as high as he might go, but i could understand why someone would do it. He is a game changer.

Maryland LB Kenny Tate is going to bring value as a situational player at LB. I really like his abilities in coverage at the position. He is a converted safety and it is easy to see he is comfortable in coverage. Is 6'4" frame also creates some problems. He got a beat a few times one of which was against Tavon Austin, which should be expected. I still question whether he would make a quality every down LB because even against WVU's run game he struggled taking on blocks, but with the pass happy NFL i wouldn't have a problem taking Tate as early as the late 3rd just for his situational abilities at the position.
JackedUP

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
I think that the LB's and OL will be the direction we look to.

Barrett Jones would be a great selection, if available. Has played at an All-Pro level at G,T and now C.

Not sure why everyone on here is so high on Barret Jones? Has he been good in college, yes...But his game doesn't transfer that well to the NFL, he's going to have a hard time because he's not all that big nor strong...He's Zane Beadles basically...Remember the kid from Univ of Minnesota we drafted(Eslinger?) that won basically every college lineman award, thats Jones. Just not big or strong enough to be a great lineman in the NFL.
JackedUP

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Watched 3 games last night and came away very impressed with a couple prospects:

Auburn vs. Clemson:
- DE Corey Lemonier (Auburn) stood out to me with a very impressive game last night. Hes known for his pass rushing skills but last night showed hes more than capable against the run. He set the edge multiple times against Clemson forcing the RB to cut inside, too bad Auburns LBers had an absolutely terrible game.
- TE Brandon Ford (Clemson) was another standout. He had a couple disgusting dropped passes (on critical downs) but was an absolute monster in the run game. I saw multiple plays where he pancaked 2 guys on one play. He needs some work on pass blocking but hes a tank when you get him blocking downfield. If were in need of a run-blocking TE, which we are, Id be willing to take a late round shot on him.

Alabama vs. Michigan:
- OG Chance Warmack (Alabama)- a lot has been said of him lately so I finally got a chance to see him live. The guy is an absolute monster. In my opinion, he could be the best guard Ive seen in the run game. Granted it was against an average Michigan DL, Im looking forward to watching him more this season.
- CB Dee Milliner (Alabama)- Very underrated player and one I think can sneak into the mid-1st before its all said and done. Plays great in press coverage and has the knack for the football. Alabama didnt have great quarterback play against them last night so I look forward to seeing the likes of Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray, and Tyler Wilson throw against Milliner.

Oregon vs. Arkansas St.:
- RB/PR/WR Kenyon Barner (Oregon)- Lightning SPEED. What else can be said about this guy? The guy is straight up electric in space. Id love to get a burner like him as a returner and a change of pace RB.

Im with you on the players listed above..
Love Warmack that guy is just nasty in the run game, we could use a road grader like that.

I only watched Millner that first game against Michigan but he's a big corner, I look at what Seattle is doing with the size on the outside and I think its going to be the new trend in the secondary. Milliner fits that perfect.

Barner- We NEED a player like this on our team..Im hoping Hillman can provide some speed in the backfield but we need another guy to return kicks/punts and be able to score any time they touch the ball! Gives our offense another dimension.
Donut

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:

West Virginia WR Tavon Austin is a weapon. I think he'll be a niche player, but he is a big play guy that an NFL team could involve in the offense in a variety of way while also being a threat as a returner. As for me, i probably wouldn't take him as high as he might go, but i could understand why someone would do it. He is a game changer.

He's what Young from Boise was supposed to be. I like him though. I'd like to see him out of slot and see if he can get of jams ect... Both WRS for WVU are interesting players.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith played unbelievable. I don't think his potential is/was as good but I don't think he's as raw.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Amerson's stock is dropping like Jevan Snead's

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I would be terrified to draft a defensive player in the next draft. Have anyone noticed some of these scores. I mean, Tennessee is hanging some points on the Georgia defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 6 of 83

Jump to: