Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 College prospects thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
JackedUP wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
I really am not a fan of this years RB class. I would much rather try and sign Chris Ivory this offseason. He will only be 25 next year, doesnt have many miles on him and has the skillset of a feature back (Can run inbetween the tackles, can break free on the outside and keeps churning his feet). He isnt a very good pass catcher though, which may be a pre-requesite for this offense. If we do go for a RB, the only guy I really would want is Montee Ball but not before the 3rd round. He has tons and tons of wear on his body and desnt have the athlecism of Ivory. I do like his hands out of the backfield though.

I truly think that WR is one of our top, if not top, needs this draft. I am really high on either Patterson in the 1st or Tavon Austin in the 2nd. Both players are explosive, versatile playmakers from the slot. Much in the same mold of Percy Harvin (Although neither are as good. Patterson is very raw running routes and Tavon is very, very small).

After WR, I would look to get anoter DE/DT hybrid like Wolfe again. Keep buildng the pass rush. Sheldon Richardson has the chance to be a great disruptor, and can play outside as well. He is one year wonder though, which I am always wary of. Kawaan Short has 3 down potential, but he will be gone before we pick IMO.

Finally, there are som decent MLB prospects this year. I personally would trade this years 1st and next years 1st to get Manti Te'o. After him, Mauti is talented but IMO not a better prospect than Nate Irving, who I really wanna see get a shot. In the end, I really hope DJ gets enough snaps to show he can be a good MIKE. That would shore up that position going into the draft.

Agreed a guy like Chris Ivory would fit in great here in Denver. Im also thinking one of the Carolina backs is going to get cut/traded for low value and snagging one of them wouldn't be bad either.

We need another big play WR, DT seems to get up slowly everytime he's tackled and one of these times he's going to break!

Our top priorities should be(not in order)
1. WR
2. DT
3. RB
4. MLB
5. safety/corner depth

(As of right now) I completely agree with those top priorities except Id put MLB at #1 and WR at #4. Whether its by draft or free agency MLB has to be at the top of our list.

That being said, something needs to be done about our WLB spot. If Woodyard gets re-signed then this team needs to do something about DJ. Either move him full-time to MLB or trade him.

Woodyard did get resigned didn't he? I'm almost certain we gave him a new contract

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
JackedUP wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
I really am not a fan of this years RB class. I would much rather try and sign Chris Ivory this offseason. He will only be 25 next year, doesnt have many miles on him and has the skillset of a feature back (Can run inbetween the tackles, can break free on the outside and keeps churning his feet). He isnt a very good pass catcher though, which may be a pre-requesite for this offense. If we do go for a RB, the only guy I really would want is Montee Ball but not before the 3rd round. He has tons and tons of wear on his body and desnt have the athlecism of Ivory. I do like his hands out of the backfield though.

I truly think that WR is one of our top, if not top, needs this draft. I am really high on either Patterson in the 1st or Tavon Austin in the 2nd. Both players are explosive, versatile playmakers from the slot. Much in the same mold of Percy Harvin (Although neither are as good. Patterson is very raw running routes and Tavon is very, very small).

After WR, I would look to get anoter DE/DT hybrid like Wolfe again. Keep buildng the pass rush. Sheldon Richardson has the chance to be a great disruptor, and can play outside as well. He is one year wonder though, which I am always wary of. Kawaan Short has 3 down potential, but he will be gone before we pick IMO.

Finally, there are som decent MLB prospects this year. I personally would trade this years 1st and next years 1st to get Manti Te'o. After him, Mauti is talented but IMO not a better prospect than Nate Irving, who I really wanna see get a shot. In the end, I really hope DJ gets enough snaps to show he can be a good MIKE. That would shore up that position going into the draft.

Agreed a guy like Chris Ivory would fit in great here in Denver. Im also thinking one of the Carolina backs is going to get cut/traded for low value and snagging one of them wouldn't be bad either.

We need another big play WR, DT seems to get up slowly everytime he's tackled and one of these times he's going to break!

1. WR
2. DT
3. RB
4. MLB
5. safety/corner depth

(As of right now) I completely agree with those top priorities except Id put MLB at #1 and WR at #4. Whether its by draft or free agency MLB has to be at the top of our list.

That being said, something needs to be done about our WLB spot. If Woodyard gets re-signed then this team needs to do something about DJ. Either move him full-time to MLB or trade him.

Woodyard did get resigned didn't he? I'm almost certain we gave him a new contract

He signed a 2 year extension in March that pays him 1.5 mil this year and 2 mil next. He's a FA in 2014.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
JackedUP wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:

1. WR
2. DT
3. RB
4. MLB
5. safety/corner depth

He signed a 2 year extension in March that pays him 1.5 mil this year and 2 mil next. He's a FA in 2014.

My mistake, I thought it was only a 1 year extension.

Still, that position needs to be rectified.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
JackedUP wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:

1. WR
2. DT
3. RB
4. MLB
5. safety/corner depth

My mistake, I thought it was only a 1 year extension.

Still, that position needs to be rectified.

I haven't seen a game since September but it seems Trevathan is coming along. Looks to me like immediately we have WW and Danny ay WLB.

MLB still bothers me. Even if Fox decides DJ's the guy and DJ plays lights out we're still hangin' by a thread. One more off- field caper and DJ's lost for a year.

Is Johnson gettibng any looks? He was around the ball a lot in pre season.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like any of the RB's is this year's draft. The best is probably the kid out of UNC and he's not even that impressive. He's less impressive than Knowshon was in college.

I'd like to see what the FA class looks like this offseason for RBs.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd like to see what the FA class looks like this offseason for RBs.

IMO, here are the top 5, in no order...

- Reggie Bush (27 years old) - He might fit very well due to his pass catching abilities, but in reality he is a super charged Ronnie Hillman. He still isnt a good between the tackles runner and he is guaranteed to be overpaid based on name.

- Steven Jackson (29 years old) - I love the way he runs, and he may come at a discount since we are a SB contender. But, he really seems to have slown down. He has miles and miles on his body, and his running style doesnt help. I think he may not be a better option than Willis coming off an injury.

- Rashard Mendenhall (25 years old) - Despite his measurables, he has a 4.1 ypc average. Which sucks pretty bad for how much he will demand (Relativley young + former 1st + measurables should lead to a big deal). I would take him for a relativley cheap deal, but IMO he gets overpaid.

- Peyto Hillis (26 years old) - He has blown since his breakoud year in Cleveland. I have a soft spot for the guy, since I love how he runs. But, I think he probably is a one year wonder. If he comes cheap, I would take him.

- Chris Ivory (24 years old) - Far and away my top FA RB. If he could catch out of the back field, he would be an amazing signing. But, he will likely fall slightly under the radar and not cost that much. He has the running skills of an every down RB, ability to break runs outside and power runs between the tackles. Last year I was all over Pat Sims my underground, young FA signing. This year its Ivory.

We also should not forget about Deangelo Williams (Likely cut) and MJD (Probably costs a 3rd rounder). IMO its between signing Ivory or MJD, trading for MJD or praying that Willis is ok by next year. I lean towards Ivory or MJD.

Also, we need to all educate outselves on Markus Wheaton. He is going to be a 2nd round pick come draft time, and has everything you want in a slot/deep threat WR. He is going to be a great NFL player.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^I go MJD all day long. He is a bowling ball.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
^^I go MJD all day long. He is a bowling ball.

A bowling ball that has a bunch of cuts and doesnt roll straight anymore?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to watch parts Ohio St vs Michigan and Georgia vs GT. Alec Ogeltree should be on our radar late in the first if he declares. He was roaming the field. Jenkins and Hankins both will be gone once we get to pick so why bother talking about them...

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Managed to watch parts Ohio St vs Michigan and Georgia vs GT. Alec Ogeltree should be on our radar late in the first if he declares. He was roaming the field. Jenkins and Hankins both will be gone once we get to pick so why bother talking about them...

Been saying Ogletree for as long as everyone has been slobbering over Te'o. He's a really good player who could be around when we pick. I'd take him and save our first over throwing first round picks away for Te'o.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Ogletree too, but the Elway regime has seemed to shy away from players with off-field issues. He has awesome range for a MLB, and really knows how to cover. I wish he played a bit more violent though.

I also want to reiterate my Markus Wheaton man-crush. He is going to be a great player. I woul love him in the 2nd round.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
I really like Ogletree too, but the Elway regime has seemed to shy away from players with off-field issues. He has awesome range for a MLB, and really knows how to cover. I wish he played a bit more violent though.

I also want to reiterate my Markus Wheaton man-crush. He is going to be a great player. I woul love him in the 2nd round.
I love Wheaton as a prospect I think he can be a very good player.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind picking up Zach Line if he runs well at the combine. Which I doubt.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone watched Latavious Murray?

He is a 6'3, 225lb RB out of Central Florida who has been shredding Conference USA for 3 years now. I know the competition is not elite, and his height is a worry, but I have watched him twice this season and he has really, really impressed. Doesnt run too upright for a RB, has excellent agility for his height, runs really powerfully between the tackles, can catch out of the backfield. I think that he could potentially (Emphasis on potentially) be the RB steal of this draft.

I have also watched a few more clips of Sylvester Williams and am becoming more and more impressed. He is a powerful, athletic DT who has the skill set to be a 3 down player. IMO Shelden Richardson will fly up draft boards and Nix will be gone to a 3-4 team. After them, I think Williams may be the best DT option for where we pick.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Has anyone watched Latavious Murray?

He is a 6'3, 225lb RB out of Central Florida who has been shredding Conference USA for 3 years now. I know the competition is not elite, and his height is a worry, but I have watched him twice this season and he has really, really impressed. Doesnt run too upright for a RB, has excellent agility for his height, runs really powerfully between the tackles, can catch out of the backfield. I think that he could potentially (Emphasis on potentially) be the RB steal of this draft.

I have also watched a few more clips of Sylvester Williams and am becoming more and more impressed. He is a powerful, athletic DT who has the skill set to be a 3 down player. IMO Shelden Richardson will fly up draft boards and Nix will be gone to a 3-4 team. After them, I think Williams may be the best DT option for where we pick.

They call him LT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2rUpbfsHgE

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 18 of 83

Jump to: