Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 College prospects thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Denver drafting ILB anymore honestly. They signed Bradley, Joe Mays is still on the team, and they have Irving and Steven Johnson. Somewhere in there is your starting ILB.

I think our first round pick boils down to either a big CB or a DE. I don't see DT being a huge need right now, but I think if one falls to us that's high on our board we'll definitely consider.

It's tough to say what route we go without knowing who we sign as a DE in FA (if anyone)

Thanks, Tzimisce
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I don't see Denver drafting ILB anymore honestly. They signed Bradley, Joe Mays is still on the team, and they have Irving and Steven Johnson. Somewhere in there is your starting ILB.

I think our first round pick boils down to either a big CB or a DE. I don't see DT being a huge need right now, but I think if one falls to us that's high on our board we'll definitely consider.

It's tough to say what route we go without knowing who we sign as a DE in FA (if anyone)

I agree with this. I think our board at #28 will be heavy with DEs and CBs with player like Moore, Carradine, Montgomery, Jones, Trufant, Banks and Rhodes.

I was thinking earlier in the offseason that there was a chance could do something unexpected but I don't that as as likely anymore. They know that a Freeney/Abraham type is merely a stop-gap solution and they will need a long-term starter at RDE who can consistently get after the QB.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

I agree with this. I think our board at #28 will be heavy with DEs and CBs with player like Moore, Carradine, Montgomery, Jones, Trufant, Banks and Rhodes.

I was thinking earlier in the offseason that there was a chance could do something unexpected but I don't that as as likely anymore. They know that a Freeney/Abraham type is merely a stop-gap solution and they will need a long-term starter at RDE who can consistently get after the QB.

DT and S are possibilities, but they would have to love someone there honestly. We can use more talent on the defensive side of the ball. There's enough players that can help us this draft so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T'EO is going to be your Broncos' MLB. The #55 just became available. I bet he picks that number for the Broncos.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
T'EO is going to be your Broncos' MLB. The #55 just became available. I bet he picks that number for the Broncos.

Gosh I hope you're wrong.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Gosh I hope you're wrong.

That is just it, I am not.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
I have a feeling the Broncos are going to pick Manti T'eo in the 1st round.

And I sincerely hope your intuition is wrong. Wink

Me too...yet, I am rarely wrong.

You did have us pegged for Os in the 2nd last year. Good call.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
I have a feeling the Broncos are going to pick Manti T'eo in the 1st round.

And I sincerely hope your intuition is wrong. Wink

Me too...yet, I am rarely wrong.

You did have us pegged for Os in the 2nd last year. Good call.

And Derek Wolfe, but I had him in the third round I think. I just feel like I know how Elway thinks. I get drunk on scotch and literally begin thinking like Elway.

Someone interviewed Elway about T'eo, and he didn't care about the hoopla, he just wanted to talk to him. Elway has spoken to T'eo, I believe at some point during the combine. T'eo interviews well, so I think if T'eo is there at 28, the Broncos will draft him. He is a weirdo, but he is competitive and he loves football, and that is Elway's kind of guy.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, and hopefully all you College fans can answer.

In this draft class is there another Billy Thompson/Dennis Smith/Steve Atwater? I intentionally left out "Goose". Figured that goes back too far.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

In this draft class is there another Billy Thompson/Dennis Smith/Steve Atwater? I intentionally left out "Goose". Figured that goes back too far.

Well, there's plenty of talented safeties in this draft so if you want a guy like that, there's as good a time as any to get him here.

I really want Johnathan Cyprien. I think he'd be so good on this team but I can't see us pulling the trigger on him with the current DE situation.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Well, there's plenty of talented safeties in this draft so if you want a guy like that, there's as good a time as any to get him here.

I really want Johnathan Cyprien. I think he'd be so good on this team but I can't see us pulling the trigger on him with the current DE situation.

Completely agree.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
Winder23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Cyprien is the real deal. He can cover man to man on TE's. He is great playing in the box. He runs and tackles in the open field like Steve Atwater (minus the power). He loves the game and was the best defensive player in the backfiled at the Senior Bowl. I like Cyprien alot. Don't sleep on this guy, he is a first round talent for sure.

As for DE, Elway won't pigeon-hole himself to the position in this draft. They will stick to their board just like the last two drafts.

Remember what happened last time we drafted DE based on need.

Mossy Crowder anyone?

Freeney will come down a bit after he sees that not a single team will give him 6 million.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

I like Cyprien but not in the 1st, more late-2nd for me. I like Matt Elam much better though. More physically athletic and shows more play-recognition in much better conference.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Demontre Moore will be available in the 2nd. Even if the Broncos need to trade up to get him, he will be there. This will allow the Broncos get draft T'eo in the first...and that shapes up to be a nice draft.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I think Demontre Moore will be available in the 2nd. Even if the Broncos need to trade up to get him, he will be there. This will allow the Broncos get draft T'eo in the first...and that shapes up to be a nice draft.

If Damontre Moore lasts to our second round pick I'll eat my shoe. He's not getting out of the first round.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 72 of 83

Jump to: