Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 College prospects thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
Well, i just stopped watching the Senior Bowl, but here are a some comments.

1. Ezekiel Ansah is the top defensive player in this draft. Prior to the Senior Bowl i had only seen highlights and read about him and even then i ranked him as a guy that i would select around the top 10 in the draft about a month ago. Having watched him live today and his physical skill set + motor and hustle he would be under consideration for the #1 pick if i had to make the selection. Right now he is playing purely off of his physical skills and his hustle and was easily the best and most dangerous football player on the field. He'll need some development, but with some coaching up he can be one of the most disruptive and dominant DE's in the NFL + he will come with some versatility and has room to add some weight to his 6'5" 275 pound frame.

Ansah is not the top defensive player in the draft. Plain and simple. I certainly respect your opinions on draft matters but I disagree big time here. He had a nice game yesterday, but it's one game. Jarvis Moss had one good game too, and we decided he was worth it. I cannot fathom how Ansah is seen as a better prospect than Lotuleilei, Milliner, Jarvis Jones, hell there's quite a few guys I would take before him.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Donut

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
This QB class is awful, if anyone was in doubt of taking a QB last draft just take a look at these awful QBs.

Haha, yes it is really bad. A year in after the Osweiler pick Elway looks smart because this class is dreadful. None of these guys hold Osweiler's jock in terms of pure talent and that's even including Geno Smith whom some believe could still end up the #1 overall pick.
If Osweiler stayed in school he'd be a top 5 pick easy if not #1

I disagree completely and think you're overrating Osweiler and underrating a bunch of guys. I like Oz and he would not have showed enough growth as a player to warrant a top 5 pick reach. I expect him to still be abit raw going into next season and you can't be that raw and go in the first imo. Physically more upside than anyone in the draft but Smith and Wilson are both more pro ready. Though i wouldnt take any QB in this draft in top 5.
broncos67 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
Well, i just stopped watching the Senior Bowl, but here are a some comments.

1. Ezekiel Ansah is the top defensive player in this draft. Prior to the Senior Bowl i had only seen highlights and read about him and even then i ranked him as a guy that i would select around the top 10 in the draft about a month ago. Having watched him live today and his physical skill set + motor and hustle he would be under consideration for the #1 pick if i had to make the selection. Right now he is playing purely off of his physical skills and his hustle and was easily the best and most dangerous football player on the field. He'll need some development, but with some coaching up he can be one of the most disruptive and dominant DE's in the NFL + he will come with some versatility and has room to add some weight to his 6'5" 275 pound frame.

Ansah is not the top defensive player in the draft. Plain and simple. I certainly respect your opinions on draft matters but I disagree big time here. He had a nice game yesterday, but it's one game. Jarvis Moss had one good game too, and we decided he was worth it. I cannot fathom how Ansah is seen as a better prospect than Lotuleilei, Milliner, Jarvis Jones, hell there's quite a few guys I would take before him.

I agree. The SR Bowl is more important to see them practice and what they're learning along w/ interviews.
Though Ansah has a ton of talent and upside and its just exciting when a guy is rising to have people go crazy and then they rewatch film and balances back out. Ansah constantly was improving and should go in the top 20 and I'm guessing a team will love the upside. But as #1 pick for defensive guy I'd take Lotuleilei, Moore, or Werner.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
germ-x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as Ansah goes i am not just basing my opinion off of him having a good game. I had seen a single highlight video and read about him prior to being able to actually watch him on live television and my assessment is based purely off of his physical abilities. Even a month ago i said i would take him around the 10th pick in the draft.

Ansah's, size, explosion, speed, strength, and length are rare. Even in the NFL those talents are rare and difficult to come by. Factor in that based off of what i have read and what i witnessed yesterday, he is relentless, tough, and plays with a very high motor. He doesn't take plays off and even when the play goes opposite him, he is pursuing down the field and getting to ball carriers.

Even with just a little coaching up Ansah is going to be a tough match up every week just because of what i posted above. A physical freak that doesn't let up for 4 quarters is going to win a good amount of battles.

I'm also not worried about how Ansah performed in the Senior Bowl practices. Everyone knew he was raw coming in and that was what held him back during practice. Based off of what i read, he showed the explosion and power that everyone wanted to see and that he struggled because he was predictable and used a bull rush almost all the time. With coaching and experience i don't find that to be a huge problem.

I think what i find most annoying is that people view Ansah as a boom/bust pick because of how raw he is. I really don't see it like that in the slightest. As i outlined before, with just his physical skill set and motor i think he'll be a good player, but if he takes to some coaching he could be an elite one. Outside of Star Lotulelei, there really isn't a defensive player in this draft i could say the same about.
marktheshark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osweiler would be a top 15 pick. Way to much potential upside + lack of quality QB + lots of desprit teams this year looking for QB + 7 new coaches looking for their QB to ride their ship on. Elway's a smart man.

The funny thing is IMHO when people are starting that we should have taken one of the other QB's....we haven't seen Osweiler play yet...it was a heck of a draft call and some were saying right before the combine that Osweiler had the strongest arm and the biggest upside of anyone, he was just RAW. Lets see how it pans out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your guys' take on UCLA's Datone Jones?

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
He's going to be good, Charles Johnson type ability.

Until this season he never got good coaching, and with good coaching he exploded. He's probably pushed himself to a fringe top 5 DE behind Moore, Ansah, Werner, Montgomery, Okafor.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
He's going to be good, Charles Johnson type ability.

Until this season he never got good coaching, and with good coaching he exploded. He's probably pushed himself to a fringe top 5 DE behind Moore, Ansah, Werner, Montgomery, Okafor.

I agree here too.

Hes a late riser and will prove to be a great pick for any team that takes him. May not produce like Moore will in year 1 but he will pay dividends for some team down the road. Love his style of player. I think he might sneak into the 1st round too. Id say a fringe 1st to 2nd player, much like Courtney Upshaw last year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my latest mock that I'm going to make, I've been deciding whether or not to give us Datone Jones. I think he's pretty good.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBS's draft site compares him to Robert Ayers.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
CBS's draft site compares him to Robert Ayers.

I actually like that comparison. Good job by them.

Obviously, though, Jones is of an unknown so we'd take him over Ayers majority of the time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd be pretty pumped if we got Quinton Patton with our second.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In my latest mock that I'm going to make, I've been deciding whether or not to give us Datone Jones. I think he's pretty good.

Datone was far more productive than Ayers in college though. I think he is a perfect fit for the defensive scheme Seattle runs. I can see him going to them in the 1st round. I think his motor is excellent but if we target a DE I want one who can get at the QB. I actually really like our scheme right now with Wolfe at DE. He really sets the edge well and helps Von get more 1 on 1's.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
i'd be pretty pumped if we got Quinton Patton with our second.

So would I. I really like him.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the season is over, I am so excited for the Combine and the weeks leading up to draft day. The broadcasting out of Radio City Music Hall has me more on my seat than the average Wild Card game.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Now that the season is over, I am so excited for the Combine and the weeks leading up to draft day. The broadcasting out of Radio City Music Hall has me more on my seat than the average Wild Card game.

Im actually hoping to get back to the draft in the next couple years. I went back in 2003 at MSG. Awesome experience. My uncle has gone almost every year since the 90's. Has told me its only gotten better as the years have passed. I highly recommend it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 41 of 83

Jump to: