Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 College prospects thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This QB class is awful, if anyone was in doubt of taking a QB last draft just take a look at these awful QBs.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
This QB class is awful, if anyone was in doubt of taking a QB last draft just take a look at these awful QBs.

Haha, yes it is really bad. A year in after the Osweiler pick Elway looks smart because this class is dreadful. None of these guys hold Osweiler's jock in terms of pure talent and that's even including Geno Smith whom some believe could still end up the #1 overall pick.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Haha, yes it is really bad. A year in after the Osweiler pick Elway looks smart because this class is dreadful. None of these guys hold Osweiler's jock in terms of pure talent and that's even including Geno Smith whom some believe could still end up the #1 overall pick.
If Osweiler stayed in school he'd be a top 5 pick easy if not #1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short has had a very good game.
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ansah is just dominating the Senior Bowl... Shocked
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigJohn Jenkins has been nowhere today. Disappointed in his performance today

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i just stopped watching the Senior Bowl, but here are a some comments.

1. Ezekiel Ansah is the top defensive player in this draft. Prior to the Senior Bowl i had only seen highlights and read about him and even then i ranked him as a guy that i would select around the top 10 in the draft about a month ago. Having watched him live today and his physical skill set + motor and hustle he would be under consideration for the #1 pick if i had to make the selection. Right now he is playing purely off of his physical skills and his hustle and was easily the best and most dangerous football player on the field. He'll need some development, but with some coaching up he can be one of the most disruptive and dominant DE's in the NFL + he will come with some versatility and has room to add some weight to his 6'5" 275 pound frame.

2. I was wrong about Margus Hunt. I had him rated slightly higher than Ansah a month ago after watching a single game of his and reading about him, but it is clear he doesn't have the explosive first step or athleticism to warrant that type of grade. I don't think he is a bad prospect and i'd probably still take him in the late 2nd round, but he isn't anywhere close to being in Ansah's class.

3. Outside of Ansah and Hunt i wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to the DL, but did notice that Kawann Short and Jordan Hill seemed to be beating blockers and making plays.

4. As a whole it seemed like the defensive lines of both teams were consistently beating the OL's. Having to watch the game at a bar from a bit of a distance i found it hard to judge how well offensive lineman were playing.

5. On a similar note, with the DL's beating the OL's so badly + having poor QB play i found it difficult to judge WR's and DB's. Though i will say Marquise Goodwin intrigues me. He is a bit undersized, but it was obvious that they wanted to get the ball in his hands and he will reportedly run in the 4.3's in the 40. I also thought he looked pretty natural as a receiver, which means he isn't just a track star.

6. The only LB that stood out to me was Florida St. LB Vince Williams. I think there will be questions about his ability to cover and he likely won't be a 3 down player, but he was the only LB constantly around the football and making plays at the LOS.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Well guys, we don't always agree (how boring that would be) but I'm in total agreement here.

At the time I was stunned and pissed, but within a few weeks I was totally on board. The kid is smart and hardworking and has a ridiculous set of skills. Incredibly mobile for a man his size and not ungainly at all.

After a year of learning under PM, Gase and McCoy there's not a QB in this class thats even close. I love the pick. Just imagine our present offense with a QB that can throw a ball 60 yds on a string. We'll see it pretty soon.
germ-x

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Well guys, we don't always agree (how boring that would be) but I'm in total agreement here.

At the time I was stunned and pissed, but within a few weeks I was totally on board. The kid is smart and hardworking and has a ridiculous set of skills. Incredibly mobile for a man his size and not ungainly at all.

After a year of learning under PM, Gase and McCoy there's not a QB in this class thats even close. I love the pick. Just imagine our present offense with a QB that can throw a ball 60 yds on a string. We'll see it pretty soon.

While i am not going to say whether i think or know Osweiler will pan out, i will reiterate what i said after Denver drafted him. You never know what types of prospects you are going to get in future drafts. I remember many in this forum were saying, "we can get our future QB next year or in coming years if Manning is QB." The fact is there is no way of knowing that, especially when most Broncos fans believe we are going to be picking at the bottom of the first round while Manning is at the helm. This years QB class is a great example.

Maybe next years class will be a different story, but IMO, you don't screw around at the QB position (again, this years class is a great example) if you have a QB on the downside of their career and there is a franchise type talent at your selection, it should be taken because there is no way of knowing when that occasion could occur again.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

While i am not going to say whether i think or know Osweiler will pan out, i will reiterate what i said after Denver drafted him. You never know what types of prospects you are going to get in future drafts. I remember many in this forum were saying, "we can get our future QB next year or in coming years if Manning is QB." The fact is there is no way of knowing that, especially when most Broncos fans believe we are going to be picking at the bottom of the first round while Manning is at the helm. This years QB class is a great example.

Maybe next years class will be a different story, but IMO, you don't screw around at the QB position (again, this years class is a great example) if you have a QB on the downside of their career and there is a franchise type talent at your selection, it should be taken because there is no way of knowing when that occasion could occur again.

You stated that better than I bud.
Also, I think Elway made an emphatic statement with the pick that we're not just "win now" but win for a long time.
We were close this year and should only continue to improve across the board. QB would be the only place we could slide enough to really affect the team.
I don't think that will happen. Once again, only time will tell, but Brock has all the ability one could ask for in a franchise QB.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know anything about a LB named Jon major?
germ-x

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

If it is the Jon Major i am thinking of he graduated the year after i did and was highly recruited out of Colorado (Ponderosa HS) and was rated as one of the top LB's in the nation. He went to Colorado University while Dan Hawkins was there and like many top recruits Hawkins received commitments from, Major never really lived up to the expectations.

I remember him being a good sized LB at around 6'3" or 6'4", why do you ask AKRNA?
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

If it is the Jon Major i am thinking of he graduated the year after i did and was highly recruited out of Colorado (Ponderosa HS) and was rated as one of the top LB's in the nation. He went to Colorado University while Dan Hawkins was there and like many top recruits Hawkins received commitments from, Major never really lived up to the expectations.

I remember him being a good sized LB at around 6'3" or 6'4", why do you ask AKRNA?
Tore his ACL as a freshman then I believe he injured his other knee as a sophomore. He used to be a very athletic LB but he's lost pretty much all his speed which is a shame because he was unbelievable in HS.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Just thinkin' he may be a mid round steal.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the opinion on Vance McDonald, TE from Rice?

He has good not great size (6'4", 260) that looks better as a receiver than blocker.

I had him as a 4-5th rounder but he might go sooner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 40 of 83

Jump to: