Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 College prospects thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im getting pretty geeked for College Football season to start. As most know, Ill be posting a lot in here about players I think we should target.

Ive identified 5 positions we might focus on in the 1st round with a player that may be there when we pick in 20's:
1. DE (Corey Lemoneir AUB)
2. MLB (Manti Te'o ND)
3. OG (Barrett Jones ALB)
4. DT (Kawann Short PUR)
5. S (Robert Lester ALB)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Im getting pretty geeked for College Football season to start. As most know, Ill be posting a lot in here about players I think we should target.

Ive identified 5 positions we might focus on in the 1st round with a player that may be there when we pick in 20's:
2. MLB (Manti Te'o ND)
4. DT (Kawann Short PUR)
5. S (Robert Lester ALB)

Im so freakin' excited for college football. I actually paid for my season tickets yesterday.

I usually don't so much looking into prospects that do not play for a team I follow. But I do think Mizzou has a couple of guys who could make an impact at the next level.

One that we should be looking hard at is DT Sheldon Richardson. He was the #4 DT recruit when he graduated and I'm pretty sure he was 5-Star. He doesn't have the greatest story; he had to go to JuCo for two years because of grades and spent some time on the bench last year as a result. He was also not playing at 100% because of a shoulder injury. However, when he was on the field he was clearly our best lineman. I'm anxious to see how he stands up against the big guards in the SEC.

The other is T.J Moe who has all the tools to be a good slot reciever. We may not be in the market for a slot guy depending on how this year goes but I think he could be a great fit for someone.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

2. MLB (Manti Te'o ND)
4. DT (Kawann Short PUR)
5. S (Robert Lester ALB)

I fully understand everyone, but Lemoneir. Based on Fox/Del Rio, unless he has beefed up (and i don't follow Auburn, so you may know whether he has or hasn't) i don't see him as a legitimate option. From what i have looked at throughout Fox and Del Rio's history both together and apart they have incorporated bigger DE's in their system. I do think it is possible that DE could be a target, but Elvis Dumervil isn't going anywhere because of his contract so i would imagine it would be a bigger better all around player than Lemoneir if Denver decided to target a DE.

As of right now (and of course a ton can change) i would imagine that (in no particular order) LB, S, OL, CB, and DT are the positions Denver will be looking at with early round selections.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

2. MLB (Manti Te'o ND)
4. DT (Kawann Short PUR)
5. S (Robert Lester ALB)

I fully understand everyone, but Lemoneir. Based on Fox/Del Rio, unless he has beefed up (and i don't follow Auburn, so you may know whether he has or hasn't) i don't see him as a legitimate option. From what i have looked at throughout Fox and Del Rio's history both together and apart they have incorporated bigger DE's in their system. I do think it is possible that DE could be a target, but Elvis Dumervil isn't going anywhere because of his contract so i would imagine it would be a bigger better all around player than Lemoneir if Denver decided to target a DE.

As of right now (and of course a ton can change) i would imagine that (in no particular order) LB, S, OL, CB, and DT are the positions Denver will be looking at with early round selections.

You make a good point germ-x (as always). JDR has shown he likes bigger bodies on the DL. Im curious to see how he uses Doom this year.

I guess for me, its a wait and see. I love the energy Lemonier plays with. You can call me a homer for putting him on that list, thats fine, but he reminds me of Robert Mathis. Hes plays with a lot of physicality and has plenty of room to put weight on.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

2. MLB (Manti Te'o ND)
4. DT (Kawann Short PUR)
5. S (Robert Lester ALB)

You make a good point germ-x (as always). JDR has shown he likes bigger bodies on the DL. Im curious to see how he uses Doom this year.

I guess for me, its a wait and see. I love the energy Lemonier plays with. You can call me a homer for putting him on that list, thats fine, but he reminds me of Robert Mathis. Hes plays with a lot of physicality and has plenty of room to put weight on.

It certainly is a wait and see. John Elway, IMO, is the wildcard in anything that happens with the Denver Broncos. From what i have gathered, Elway is all about the "passing league" and is going to make a lot of moves that influence that area of that game. Still, in Lemonier's case, with Dumervil/Miller i think that Fox would have enough footing to override adding another undersized pass rusher too the mix.

If you look back at the last 2 drafts i think you can see a mix of talent whom you could see Fox having influence over the pick and Elway having more influence over another. I mean from the past draft, reportedly, Del Rio had big pitch in selecting Wolfe, while Osweiler seemed like an Elway pick all the way. I don't think differing opinions on talent/direction is a bad thing either. Ultimately, i think it could end up bringing about a pretty well rounded team unless/until Elway begins throwing his power around.

A player i do think could be a real possiblity at DE if Denver is in range is William Gholston. He is the best all around DE in the class IMO and would satisfy both Elway/Fox and their preferences.
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

2. MLB (Manti Te'o ND)
4. DT (Kawann Short PUR)
5. S (Robert Lester ALB)

It certainly is a wait and see. John Elway, IMO, is the wildcard in anything that happens with the Denver Broncos. From what i have gathered, Elway is all about the "passing league" and is going to make a lot of moves that influence that area of that game. Still, in Lemonier's case, with Dumervil/Miller i think that Fox would have enough footing to override adding another undersized pass rusher too the mix.

If you look back at the last 2 drafts i think you can see a mix of talent whom you could see Fox having influence over the pick and Elway having more influence over another. I mean from the past draft, reportedly, Del Rio had big pitch in selecting Wolfe, while Osweiler seemed like an Elway pick all the way. I don't think differing opinions on talent/direction is a bad thing either. Ultimately, i think it could end up bringing about a pretty well rounded team unless/until Elway begins throwing his power around.

A player i do think could be a real possiblity at DE if Denver is in range is William Gholston. He is the best all around DE in the class IMO and would satisfy both Elway/Fox and their preferences.

I like Gholston as a player. However, he scares me with his boneheaded plays. He's the kind of player who gets a 10 yd sack and gives them 15 by standing over the Qb taunting or by hitting the helmet or something. I do like Barrett Jones a lot however.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

2. MLB (Manti Te'o ND)
4. DT (Kawann Short PUR)
5. S (Robert Lester ALB)

My best fit at DE is actually Sam Montgomery. However, I think he'll likely go in the top 1st.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

2. MLB (Manti Te'o ND)
4. DT (Kawann Short PUR)
5. S (Robert Lester ALB)

My best fit at DE is actually Sam Montgomery. However, I think he'll likely go in the top 1st.

I like Montgomery, but like a lot of the top pass rushers in this class he needs to bulk up quite a bit IMO.
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the general consensus of Alex Okafor. He is a guy who I think could be very valuable as an edge rusher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey germ and jersey. Since you guys are pretty much up to speed on college players, how deep are O-Linemen this year. Looks to me like we need a serious injection of real talent, especially between the tackles.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Hey germ and jersey. Since you guys are pretty much up to speed on college players, how deep are O-Linemen this year. Looks to me like we need a serious injection of real talent, especially between the tackles.
Oday Aboushi and Morgan Moses are a good pair of tackles out of Virginia.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

2. MLB (Manti Te'o ND)
4. DT (Kawann Short PUR)
5. S (Robert Lester ALB)

I like Montgomery, but like a lot of the top pass rushers in this class he needs to bulk up quite a bit IMO.

I read a report out of LSU a week or two ago that said he put on 30 lbs of muscle and was reported to run the same 40 he ran last year. This was the biggest reason he jumped on my list so much.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

I'm still questioning one of our Tackles.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

This OL class isnt tremendously deep.

You have a couple studs like BAMA OT DJ Fluker and OL Barrett Jones and a couple under-the-radar guys like UVA OL Oday Aboushi and Texas A&M OT Luke Joekel, but by no means is this class anything like years past.

Theres always a couple juniors that have tremendous years. Going into this year, I dont think its a great time to pick a OLman unless its in the top-to-mid 1st.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pretty good list of draft possibilities:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/all

Landry Jones has dropped to the middle of 2nd round.

If the Broncos pick in the mid- to late-20s of the first round, there are a few OTs that look good. Chris Faulk, Luke Joeckel, or D.J. Fluker might get a look if Orlando Franklin moves to guard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 4 of 83

Jump to: