Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 College prospects thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Russell2Bailey


Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 12905
Location: Where I will, I'll roam.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest thing I dislike is the whole 6'3 part. He'll take a beating in the NFL.
_________________
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8261
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Has anyone watched Latavious Murray?

He is a 6'3, 225lb RB out of Central Florida who has been shredding Conference USA for 3 years now. I know the competition is not elite, and his height is a worry, but I have watched him twice this season and he has really, really impressed. Doesnt run too upright for a RB, has excellent agility for his height, runs really powerfully between the tackles, can catch out of the backfield. I think that he could potentially (Emphasis on potentially) be the RB steal of this draft.

I have also watched a few more clips of Sylvester Williams and am becoming more and more impressed. He is a powerful, athletic DT who has the skill set to be a 3 down player. IMO Shelden Richardson will fly up draft boards and Nix will be gone to a 3-4 team. After them, I think Williams may be the best DT option for where we pick.

Never seen him play before but watched a couple youtube videos and read a couple reports.

He fits the mold of a Brandon Jacobs type. He might have a couple good seasons to start then likely struggle because he cant get leverage shedding blocks. The NFL adjusted to Brandon Jacobs by attacking his lower half on blocks when he tried to get physical in running. Players like Doug Martin and Ray Rice that are short and stocky, can avoid or absorb a hit to their legs because they have great body control and balance. Tall running backs struggle with hits to their lower half and usually have issues with their balance.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Russell2Bailey


Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 12905
Location: Where I will, I'll roam.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Has anyone watched Latavious Murray?

He is a 6'3, 225lb RB out of Central Florida who has been shredding Conference USA for 3 years now. I know the competition is not elite, and his height is a worry, but I have watched him twice this season and he has really, really impressed. Doesnt run too upright for a RB, has excellent agility for his height, runs really powerfully between the tackles, can catch out of the backfield. I think that he could potentially (Emphasis on potentially) be the RB steal of this draft.

I have also watched a few more clips of Sylvester Williams and am becoming more and more impressed. He is a powerful, athletic DT who has the skill set to be a 3 down player. IMO Shelden Richardson will fly up draft boards and Nix will be gone to a 3-4 team. After them, I think Williams may be the best DT option for where we pick.

Never seen him play before but watched a couple youtube videos and read a couple reports.

He fits the mold of a Brandon Jacobs type. He might have a couple good seasons to start then likely struggle because he cant get leverage shedding blocks. The NFL adjusted to Brandon Jacobs by attacking his lower half on blocks when he tried to get physical in running. Players like Doug Martin and Ray Rice that are short and stocky, can avoid or absorb a hit to their legs because they have great body control and balance. Tall running backs struggle with hits to their lower half and usually have issues with their balance.
Like Darren McFadden.
_________________
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8261
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Has anyone watched Latavious Murray?

He is a 6'3, 225lb RB out of Central Florida who has been shredding Conference USA for 3 years now. I know the competition is not elite, and his height is a worry, but I have watched him twice this season and he has really, really impressed. Doesnt run too upright for a RB, has excellent agility for his height, runs really powerfully between the tackles, can catch out of the backfield. I think that he could potentially (Emphasis on potentially) be the RB steal of this draft.

I have also watched a few more clips of Sylvester Williams and am becoming more and more impressed. He is a powerful, athletic DT who has the skill set to be a 3 down player. IMO Shelden Richardson will fly up draft boards and Nix will be gone to a 3-4 team. After them, I think Williams may be the best DT option for where we pick.

Never seen him play before but watched a couple youtube videos and read a couple reports.

He fits the mold of a Brandon Jacobs type. He might have a couple good seasons to start then likely struggle because he cant get leverage shedding blocks. The NFL adjusted to Brandon Jacobs by attacking his lower half on blocks when he tried to get physical in running. Players like Doug Martin and Ray Rice that are short and stocky, can avoid or absorb a hit to their legs because they have great body control and balance. Tall running backs struggle with hits to their lower half and usually have issues with their balance.
Like Darren McFadden.

The only thing Ill say with DMC is that he can be the guy that changes that position, if he ever stays healthy. Remember the start to the season he had last year, it was remarkable some of the stuff he was doing. Hes a physical freak with a perfect fit for the new passing league the NFL has become. Its a shame to see that talent go to waste so much.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5125
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Has anyone watched Latavious Murray?

He is a 6'3, 225lb RB out of Central Florida who has been shredding Conference USA for 3 years now. I know the competition is not elite, and his height is a worry, but I have watched him twice this season and he has really, really impressed. Doesnt run too upright for a RB, has excellent agility for his height, runs really powerfully between the tackles, can catch out of the backfield. I think that he could potentially (Emphasis on potentially) be the RB steal of this draft.

I have also watched a few more clips of Sylvester Williams and am becoming more and more impressed. He is a powerful, athletic DT who has the skill set to be a 3 down player. IMO Shelden Richardson will fly up draft boards and Nix will be gone to a 3-4 team. After them, I think Williams may be the best DT option for where we pick.


I wouldn't worry much about his height. People had the same concerns about Eric Dickerson coming out of school and he did all right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncosFan2010


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 1350
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Never seen him play before but watched a couple youtube videos and read a couple reports.

He fits the mold of a Brandon Jacobs type. He might have a couple good seasons to start then likely struggle because he cant get leverage shedding blocks. The NFL adjusted to Brandon Jacobs by attacking his lower half on blocks when he tried to get physical in running. Players like Doug Martin and Ray Rice that are short and stocky, can avoid or absorb a hit to their legs because they have great body control and balance. Tall running backs struggle with hits to their lower half and usually have issues with their balance.


I think that he projects more like a Arian Foster than Brandon Jacobs. And IMO the NFL did not simply adjust to Jacobs. His physical running style wore him down faster than most and he also carried about 40lbs more on his body than Latavious Murray.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bailey24broncos


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 1012
Location: California
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the earliest you would take Tyrann Mathieu, or would you even risk drafting him at all?

If he is there with our 4th rounder, and we have not already drafted a player for our secondary I would take him. You can never have too many play makers on defense, and he would be a sure fire first round pick if not for his off the field issues, but I am a firm believer that people can change and the 4th round is when you take risks on players like him.

If he continues to be an idiot, and does one stupid thing we cut him and count him as a 4th round bust, I think the rewards highly outweigh the risks in this situation. Does anybody think that he can play SS in the NFL or is he too undersized?...
_________________

Props to Walter on the awesome sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5125
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure wish I could watch that Alabama / georgia game today. The battle in the trenches should be epic. Should be lots of fun to watch and we may see our next #1 choice on the field.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bailey24broncos


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 1012
Location: California
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Elam is a guy I could definitely see us going after in the first. He seems like the type of guy the front office will fall in love with. He is more of an in the box type safety and does everything well. He is an emotional leader on defense which we need. He is dominant is run support and is better in coverage than any SS on our roster IMO.
_________________

Props to Walter on the awesome sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoinGermany


Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 2468
Location: Bad Nauheim
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bailey24broncos wrote:
Matt Elam is a guy I could definitely see us going after in the first. He seems like the type of guy the front office will fall in love with. He is more of an in the box type safety and does everything well. He is an emotional leader on defense which we need. He is dominant is run support and is better in coverage than any SS on our roster IMO.


Is he the best safety in this year's draft?

Also, with Rahim emerging don't forget about Quinton Carter. Don't know if an Elam pick would be all that feasible if one takes into account a healthy Q back on the field in 2013.
_________________

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
germ-x


Joined: 06 Apr 2009
Posts: 7817
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
bailey24broncos wrote:
Matt Elam is a guy I could definitely see us going after in the first. He seems like the type of guy the front office will fall in love with. He is more of an in the box type safety and does everything well. He is an emotional leader on defense which we need. He is dominant is run support and is better in coverage than any SS on our roster IMO.


Is he the best safety in this year's draft?

Also, with Rahim emerging don't forget about Quinton Carter. Don't know if an Elam pick would be all that feasible if one takes into account a healthy Q back on the field in 2013.


I like Carter for depth, but i really think having a safety that can play in man to man coverage helps a defense out a lot. Mike Adams brings that to Denver's defense and i think Bronco fans under estimate and under appreciate what he has brought to the team. I don't think Rahim Moore or Carter would provide that ability.

I really like Elam. He is a sound all around player who i think will be a solid safety in the NFL for a long time. He might not do anything flashy, but i think a team can ask him to do about anything. Including man to man coverage and he will be solid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5125
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bailey24broncos wrote:
Matt Elam is a guy I could definitely see us going after in the first. He seems like the type of guy the front office will fall in love with. He is more of an in the box type safety and does everything well. He is an emotional leader on defense which we need. He is dominant is run support and is better in coverage than any SS on our roster IMO.


Watch Williams from Georgia and Lester from Alabama today and let us know what you think. They're both rated near the top as far as SS is concerned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8261
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
bailey24broncos wrote:
Matt Elam is a guy I could definitely see us going after in the first. He seems like the type of guy the front office will fall in love with. He is more of an in the box type safety and does everything well. He is an emotional leader on defense which we need. He is dominant is run support and is better in coverage than any SS on our roster IMO.


Is he the best safety in this year's draft?

Also, with Rahim emerging don't forget about Quinton Carter. Don't know if an Elam pick would be all that feasible if one takes into account a healthy Q back on the field in 2013.


I like Carter for depth, but i really think having a safety that can play in man to man coverage helps a defense out a lot. Mike Adams brings that to Denver's defense and i think Bronco fans under estimate and under appreciate what he has brought to the team. I don't think Rahim Moore or Carter would provide that ability.

I really like Elam. He is a sound all around player who i think will be a solid safety in the NFL for a long time. He might not do anything flashy, but i think a team can ask him to do about anything. Including man to man coverage and he will be solid.

I agree with you Germ.

Carter isnt a starter in this league if you ask me. Hes a very quality depth player but not a start, at least not on this team.

Elam is the real deal. I have him ranked as the #1 safety in this class and I actually think hes (if-not-as-good) better than Earl Thomas (SEA). Hes as solid a tackler as there is in this draft and I think he could cover with the best of them.

As much as I love Elam, I think he might be out of our reach. I have him around a top-20ish player right now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
germ-x


Joined: 06 Apr 2009
Posts: 7817
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
bailey24broncos wrote:
Matt Elam is a guy I could definitely see us going after in the first. He seems like the type of guy the front office will fall in love with. He is more of an in the box type safety and does everything well. He is an emotional leader on defense which we need. He is dominant is run support and is better in coverage than any SS on our roster IMO.


Is he the best safety in this year's draft?

Also, with Rahim emerging don't forget about Quinton Carter. Don't know if an Elam pick would be all that feasible if one takes into account a healthy Q back on the field in 2013.


I like Carter for depth, but i really think having a safety that can play in man to man coverage helps a defense out a lot. Mike Adams brings that to Denver's defense and i think Bronco fans under estimate and under appreciate what he has brought to the team. I don't think Rahim Moore or Carter would provide that ability.

I really like Elam. He is a sound all around player who i think will be a solid safety in the NFL for a long time. He might not do anything flashy, but i think a team can ask him to do about anything. Including man to man coverage and he will be solid.

I agree with you Germ.

Carter isnt a starter in this league if you ask me. Hes a very quality depth player but not a start, at least not on this team.

Elam is the real deal. I have him ranked as the #1 safety in this class and I actually think hes (if-not-as-good) better than Earl Thomas (SEA). Hes as solid a tackler as there is in this draft and I think he could cover with the best of them.

As much as I love Elam, I think he might be out of our reach. I have him around a top-20ish player right now.


I have him as the top safety as well and considering the lack of talent it could cause him to go higher than expected. Though, i have him as a late 1st/early 2nd type of guy right now.

I know many experts have him falling, but i regard Eric Reid not to far below Elam. I don't view Reid as being as well rounded or versatile as Elam, which is why i rate him lower. He doesn't have Elam's change of direction skills which is what hinders him, but i still think he is a pretty well rounded safety prospect. He has real good size and i think his length can help make up for his weakness changing direction.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8261
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
bailey24broncos wrote:
Matt Elam is a guy I could definitely see us going after in the first. He seems like the type of guy the front office will fall in love with. He is more of an in the box type safety and does everything well. He is an emotional leader on defense which we need. He is dominant is run support and is better in coverage than any SS on our roster IMO.


Is he the best safety in this year's draft?

Also, with Rahim emerging don't forget about Quinton Carter. Don't know if an Elam pick would be all that feasible if one takes into account a healthy Q back on the field in 2013.


I like Carter for depth, but i really think having a safety that can play in man to man coverage helps a defense out a lot. Mike Adams brings that to Denver's defense and i think Bronco fans under estimate and under appreciate what he has brought to the team. I don't think Rahim Moore or Carter would provide that ability.

I really like Elam. He is a sound all around player who i think will be a solid safety in the NFL for a long time. He might not do anything flashy, but i think a team can ask him to do about anything. Including man to man coverage and he will be solid.

I agree with you Germ.

Carter isnt a starter in this league if you ask me. Hes a very quality depth player but not a start, at least not on this team.

Elam is the real deal. I have him ranked as the #1 safety in this class and I actually think hes (if-not-as-good) better than Earl Thomas (SEA). Hes as solid a tackler as there is in this draft and I think he could cover with the best of them.

As much as I love Elam, I think he might be out of our reach. I have him around a top-20ish player right now.


I have him as the top safety as well and considering the lack of talent it could cause him to go higher than expected. Though, i have him as a late 1st/early 2nd type of guy right now.

I know many experts have him falling, but i regard Eric Reid not to far below Elam. I don't view Reid as being as well rounded or versatile as Elam, which is why i rate him lower. He doesn't have Elam's change of direction skills which is what hinders him, but i still think he is a pretty well rounded safety prospect. He has real good size and i think his length can help make up for his weakness changing direction.

Eric Reid is my #2 right now. Both 1st rounders i think.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 19 of 83

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group