Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ingram underwent knee surgery - out for six weeks
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Porter22

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Ingram underwent knee surgery - out for six weeks Reply with quote

Quote:
Hits keep coming: Saints RB Mark Ingram underwent arthroscopic knee surgery Thursday that is expected to sideline him six weeks.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/198544288823525377

QB Drew Brees - 1,203 YDs ; 7 TD ; 3 INT ; 71.4% Pct

DB Patrick Robinson - 12 Tackles, 3 PDefs, 1 INT
QB Connoisseur

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHY DO YOU HATE US, FOOTBALL GODS?!? Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Last edited by QB Connoisseur on Fri May 04, 2012 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasted pick. Hated it then, hate it now.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Raves

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:

Only reason I didn't like the pick because of players like Muhammed Wilkerson and Akeem Ayers were still on the board and we went with a RB which wasn't exactly a need. Now Mark Ingram was definitely worth where he was picked, just didn't think we needed to trade up to draft a RB when we could've just waited and got Mikel LeShoure in the 2nd round who I liked more.

6 Weeks isn't that long, won't even take him into the preseason.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
QB Connoisseur

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:

Agreed; I tried to be optimistic, but first 2 years in the league and he has injury problems in both of them...
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Only reason I didn't like the pick because of players like Muhammed Wilkerson and Akeem Ayers were still on the board and we went with a RB which wasn't exactly a need. Now Mark Ingram was definitely worth where he was picked, just didn't think we needed to trade up to draft a RB when we could've just waited and got Mikel LeShoure in the 2nd round who I liked more.

Its not even the injury problems, which were massive. Its the fact that we had 3 good RBs, and the fact that those 3 RBs out performed him by a large margin. It was a stupid pick, and it still is. Wasn't a need and it doesn't help that he hasn't performed at all.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SWATcha

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Raves wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Its not even the injury problems, which were massive. Its the fact that we had 3 good RBs, and the fact that those 3 RBs out performed him by a large margin. It was a stupid pick, and it still is. Wasn't a need and it doesn't help that he hasn't performed at all.

Not to mention the 2nd pick the Saints gave up to draft Ingram. Who knows who that pick could of been......I'm in the same boat. Hated the pick then, still do Evil or Very Mad

Here's my question though. Why the hell didn't he have this surgery in the off offseason? Like say, March?? What if there are complications and he needs another procedure which starts to push recovery into training camp.....I don't get it

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Potential I am not ready to give up on him, but dam need to see something from him.
QB Connoisseur

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Raves wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Not to mention the 2nd pick the Saints gave up to draft Ingram. Who knows who that pick could of been......I'm in the same boat. Hated the pick then, still do Evil or Very Mad

Here's my question though. Why the hell didn't he have this surgery in the off offseason? Like say, March?? What if there are complications and he needs another procedure which starts to push recovery into training camp.....I don't get it

I seem to remember you being pretty excited about the Ingram pick... Eh?
bzane

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:

At the time of the 2011 Draft, I thought that Mark Ingram, Jr., was a bit overrated, his inflated status arising from a) running backs were scarce that year, and b) It was a cute story for sentimental sportswriters that he was the son of former Giants' receiver Mark Ingram, Senior.

I thought that Junior was more of a second- or third-round guy than a legitimate first-round pick.

As primarily a Giants' fan I was worried that they might take him in the first- they arguably needed a RB (as they did this year, when they took David Wilson in the first)- a lot of mock drafts had them taking Ingram, and foolishly mentioning the Legacy Connection of his father as a reason why, which no NFL GM would consider as an important factor.

I was relieved when they passed him up, again thinking that Junior was a solid, steady, nothing-special NFL back in a year of few RB's.

I was however interested to follow his career with the Saints, and started a thread asking for projections of what his stats would be at the end of the season. There were guesses of up to 1,000 yards, and numerous TD's.

I would allow for the usual hopeful optimism that attends every team's first-round-pick's rookie season.

Of course, The Legacy fell short of such guesses, and this when running behind a mighty pair of guards regarded as the best in the league (no argument there). His yards-per-carry as I recall was lower than other RB's on the Saints.

I suspect now, as I did then, that Mark Ingram is a decent NFL back but will not have the success that one would hope for out of a first-round pick. Now: apart from his injury- let's say for the sake of argument he recovers by the start of the season- I would ask knowledgable Saints' fans who watch him a lot more thanI do, what are your best guesses for his production this year?
SWATcha

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB Connoisseur wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Raves wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

I seem to remember you being pretty excited about the Ingram pick... Eh?

No, never excited. I did however defend the pick and try to justify it after the fact. As a fan, what else are you suppose to do? I've never liked the pick, total waste imo.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hated the trade up, and I wasn't a fan of the pick either. Let's look on the bright side though.. If we wouldn't have traded up, we most probably would've got our first rounder taken away due to the bounty scandal. We knew Reggie wasn't coming back, we hadn't signed Sproles yet, and Ivory was coming off of injury. So the RB position was considered a need, but like the rest of you I wish we would've waited until the second round to select one.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
lifeinthaboot

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB Connoisseur wrote:
Agreed; I tried to be optimistic, but first 2 years in the league and he has injury problems in both of them...

He's going into his second year. It just sounds like your talking like he is going into year 3. One can be optimistic about him being healthy the rest of the season. Smile

FLOODx is speaking the truth. We didn't know what the RB position was going to look like. Personally, I would have liked Ingram more as the back getting majority of the touches around here. I just don't like him in our system.
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Raves wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

That is 100% incorrect.

Attempts: 1st
Yardage: 3rd
YPA Average: 4th
20+ yd Runs: 2nd (T)
TOUCHDOWNS: 1st (T)
Fumbles: 1st (T)
First Downs: 1st

He did have the lowest average YPA average, but that's because he was being the pounder that we were asking him to be, so it reflected negatively on that category.

Also, the fumble ranking is misleading, because we only had two running back fumbles all year. Ingram had one, PT had the other.

And note that the Touchdowns category is in large font and bold, because that's essentially the most important category to be successful in for a running back.

So, before you say he was largely outproduced by our other backs, look at the stats. Here's the link in case you don't believe me. http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/no/new-orleans-saints

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
Harper41

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its 100% fact. With the most carries on the team he had the least amount of 20+ yard runs (Tied with Pierre and Ivory who had significantly less carries), the lowest YPC, he didnt lead the team in TDs; he tied with Pierre Thomas and had WAY less then Sproles if you include receiving TDs and if you just used the eye test you could easily tell he was out played by Ivory, Sproles and Thomas.

Out of our 4 HBs, Mark Ingram was by far the least impressive last season.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: