Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Stefan Taylor
Oh yeah. I like a lot. Dude would be awesome for us but I'm just scared about his wear. You figure we have Kuhn for short yardage for another 2 years and then that's all RB. Williams never takes a handoff when he's play H-Back. Rotation gets that much smaller.

I'm not worried about wear. RBs are players I'm only expecting to stick around for 5-6 years, anyway. That's why the number one thing I want out of a RB prospect is a well rounded skillset that could be an active participant in all roles, running, blocking and receiving, from day 1. He could be a 3 down back as quickly as he can learn the playbook, and given that he's coming out of Stanford, I would expect that to be quick.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
draft crushes, go

Dion Jordan
Kenny Vaccaro
Margus Hunt
Jon Cooper
C.J. Fiedorowicz
Caraun Reid (everybody's got to have some day 3 crushes, right?)
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's the good word on Johnathan Franklin outta UCLA?
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:

justo likes to call him James Franklin.
justo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

This is true. Tony Franklin>Johnathan Franklin>James Franklin
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:

oked
He's ok. Reminds me alot of the way Alex Green looked at Hawaii to me. He's busting huge runs through wide open lanes or undefended edges. He's ok catching the ball but sometimes fights it a bit. When I've seen him used as a blocker, he's willing but really not good at it at all. I question if he can hit the hole decisively enough at the NFL level. On the good side, at least he's comfortable working out of spreads and shotguns.

He's an OK prospect but I really do think we already have "that guy" on the roster.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

This is true. Tony Franklin>Johnathan Franklin>James Franklin

That was supposed to be a subtle nod that my sig is all done except for fixing his name. Laughing Wink
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
draft crushes, go

Star Lotulelei
Louis Nix III
Jon Jenkins
Eric Fisher
Jon Cooper
Logan Thomas
Robert Woods
CJ Fiedorowicz
Tyler Eifert
Alec Ogletree
Corey Lemonier
William Gholston

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
justo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick summary on Lane Johnson:
SoonersSports.com wrote:

69 Lane Johnson
Class:
Senior
Hometown:
Groveton, Texas
Last College:
Kilgore College
Height / Weight:
6-7 / 303
Position:
OL

Started 12 of 13 games at right tackle ... had 10 knockdowns against Kansas ... did not play vs. Tulsa ... Academic All-Big 12 first team.

Began the season at tight end ... switched to defensive end midway through the season.

Redshirted.

At Kilgore College
Played quarterback for one season before working out at tight end in the spring of 2009 ... completed 32 of 61 attempts for 510 yards and three touchdowns ... also had 17 carries for 24 yards and one TD.

High School
Played quarterback and was an honorable mention all-state selection at the position ... named all-district ... also competed in track, finishing fourth in the shot put at the 2008 Texas State Championships.

Personal
Rotated between offensive tackle and defensive end during the spring of 2011 ... has added over 35 pounds since arriving at OU ... human relations major.

Lane Johnson doing his thing against Jeffcoat (#1 DE coming from HS, #4 rated junior pass rusher)

Pancaking fools

Him playing TE

Him punking a Longhorn
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one made me laugh. I broke that game down and he was had more than once. That's not to say he is not a fine prospect. Just funny that you pulled pics from THAT game.... Laughing

My take of that young man is simple. The raw talent is high end but the investment needed kills some of his board value if your one that feels the core value of draft day comes from what one brings you under their rookie contract.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
This one made me laugh. I broke that game down and he was had more than once. That's not to say he is not a fine prospect. Just funny that you pulled pics from THAT game.... Laughing

My take of that young man is simple. The raw talent is high end but the investment needed kills some of his board value if your one that feels the core value of draft day comes from what one brings you under their rookie contract.
He's not too good vs the run from what I've seen (only focused on him 3 games though). You feel me there or no?
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

He's not too good vs the run from what I've seen (only focused on him 3 games though). You feel me there or no?

The main issue I had with his film was his lack of core strength. If he gets himself out of position his power dies. He also has a long set and gets beat inside from time to time. Has many of the things you can't coach though. Bends well for a long one and has solid feet at this stage of his development. I would say he is a plus athlete at scale. Little nasty in him also. Given some gym time and pro coaching and you might have a player there. That boy is going to need some time though. He plays that set to keep away from the bull rush and NFL level DL will expose that flaw like yesterday. Your drafting the athlete not the football player in terms of draft slot, and I have a problem with that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alec Ogletree should be undrafted. He's not a good pro prospect. Watching him get blocked is LOL worthy

El Ramster on the amazing work
justo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

The main issue I had with his film was his lack of core strength. If he gets himself out of position his power dies. He also has a long set and gets beat inside from time to time. Has many of the things you can't coach though. Bends well for a long one and has solid feet at this stage of his development. I would say he is a plus athlete at scale. Little nasty in him also. Given some gym time and pro coaching and you might have a player there. That boy is going to need some time though. He plays that set to keep away from the bull rush and NFL level DL will expose that flaw like yesterday. Your drafting the athlete not the football player in terms of draft slot, and I have a problem with that.
Technically he's still learning the position, right? I mean it's really one of the things I hate to hear about prospects. Last year when people were saying Tannehill was still learning the position it wasn't really true. He was the #2 QB behind Jerrod Johnson (shout out to UFL #1 pick Jerrod Johnson!) but was playing WR to get some PT. Lane Johnson honestly is playing OL for his second season. He's gained some weight since he's been at Oklahoma. There are some pictures that really make you look twice Laughing you think he can gain more mass while still being a good athlete for his size?
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Technically he's still learning the position, right? I mean it's really one of the things I hate to hear about prospects. Last year when people were saying Tannehill was still learning the position it wasn't really true. He was the #2 QB behind Jerrod Johnson (shout out to UFL #1 pick Jerrod Johnson!) but was playing WR to get some PT. Lane Johnson honestly is playing OL for his second season. He's gained some weight since he's been at Oklahoma. There are some pictures that really make you look twice Laughing you think he can gain more mass while still being a good athlete for his size?

No doubt he still has some things to learn at position and clearly he has not filled out that frame yet. LIS, there is some risk in that one. I view him as a poor man's T.Smith. Smith had many of the same flaws when he came out of USC. Thing is, Smith was an elite athlete at scale. That's not the case with Johnson.

I like him pending board slot. I'm just not a fan of sitting on money and there is work to be done there. I would hate to see big Breno all over again here in Green Bay. You take the time to develop the athlete and he ends up being a long term starter on another team. That, or his game comes around when it's time to pay him. At that point what's the value in the draft pick?

Truth be told, we have "that guy" right now in Datko and I'm not real sure we need another.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 55 of 100

Jump to: