Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfinley88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
What does everyone think about Brian Winters from Kent State? I'm starting to like him a lot, could see him coming off the board around our pick. Don't think we would pick him seeing all he could really play is LG, RG, RT, but more so just wondering where people will think he'll go...

Winters was a well kept secret for a while, but word is getting out. My bet is he goes late 2nd/early 3rd when all is said and done. He's a guy I would consider with our 2nd or 3rd rounder, would be a great swing lineman for us.

But where would he play? We have Lang n Sitton locked up for a while and I don't see Bulaga going anywhere...
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
What does everyone think about Brian Winters from Kent State? I'm starting to like him a lot, could see him coming off the board around our pick. Don't think we would pick him seeing all he could really play is LG, RG, RT, but more so just wondering where people will think he'll go...

Winters was a well kept secret for a while, but word is getting out. My bet is he goes late 2nd/early 3rd when all is said and done. He's a guy I would consider with our 2nd or 3rd rounder, would be a great swing lineman for us.

But where would he play? We have Lang n Sitton locked up for a while and I don't see Bulaga going anywhere...

All he plays is LG, RG and RT? What else do you want him to play? The notion that if we draft an OL he has to start or he is a wasted pick is the wrong way to look at it. We can't go every year being one injury away from chaos on the OL. It's rare a team plays a full 16 games with the same OL. Winters would be a valuable guy to have on the team.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

All he plays is LG, RG and RT? What else do you want him to play? The notion that if we draft an OL he has to start or he is a wasted pick is the wrong way to look at it. We can't go every year being one injury away from chaos on the OL. It's rare a team plays a full 16 games with the same OL. Winters would be a valuable guy to have on the team.

Not trying to say he isn't a versatile player by any means; it's just those happen to be the three positions on the O-Line where we're pretty good (going into next season once Bulaga is back.) I imagine if we go interior we would get a guy capable of playing center. Obviously it comes down to value, but just kind of speaking in general. Thompson can usually find very good mid-late round guys. I'd rather not spend a 2nd on a guy is just a reserve when that's really all he'd ever be considering Sitton, Lang, and Bulaga should be in Green Bay for a while (or at least I would hope so).
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

Not trying to say he isn't a versatile player by any means; it's just those happen to be the three positions on the O-Line where we're pretty good (going into next season once Bulaga is back.) I imagine if we go interior we would get a guy capable of playing center. Obviously it comes down to value, but just kind of speaking in general. Thompson can usually find very good mid-late round guys. I'd rather not spend a 2nd on a guy is just a reserve when that's really all he'd ever be considering Sitton, Lang, and Bulaga should be in Green Bay for a while (or at least I would hope so).

Understand this school of though. With the injuries we tend to see though, I wouldn't be mad if we got a guy early who ended up being a capable backup at more than one position. And while the O-line is definitely one of our needs, I think we are in better shape than many think. It obviously all depends on the recovery of Sherrod and Bulaga and since that is such a question mark, I think it's imperative to spend a decent pick on a capable starter at OT. Newhouse is a good backup, sure, but not a guy you want protecting #12 for more than a couple games at most. From what I'm told, Datko has a lot of potential as well and could ultimately end up being the guy we need to fill in should we run into trouble at one of the OT spots again, but that is still a few years away. What Barclay showed on Sunday made me very happy and he's barely sniffed his first real NFL action. He already looks like a great find. We are set at both OG positions and have EDS as a guy who can swing to either spot should Lang or Sitton have injury issues. I like him better as a safety guy there rather than the future at C but he can also back that spot up. So if Sherrod & Bulaga are able to come back healthy, we could potentially have 6 capable starting/depth tackles if we decide to draft one this year as injury insurance/fill in for Bulaga or Sherrod. What I really think needs to be addressed is C. Saturday is nowhere near the level he used to play at, and LIS I like EDS more as an interior swing OL depth player. So if we draft a capable starting C this year, I like the way our future looks if our injured tackles can come back healthy. But again, a big IF and that's why I would like to see us draft an OT pretty early this draft.

If all goes well, our future could look something like
LT: Sherrod, Newhouse, Datko
LG: Lang, EDS
C: J. Cooper (2013 draft)?, EDS
RG: Sitton, EDS
RT: Bulaga, R. Wagner (2013 draft)?, Barclay

That doesn't look half bad.

A lot of speculation involved there..I just plugged Jonathan Cooper and Rick Wagner into the line because they are 2 guys we could get in this year's draft. We could obviously end up with 2 completely different guys from this year's class, I just chose them for argument's sake. And clearly that's a crowd to keep on the line (10 guys) so I don't think all of them would be on the 53 at once or even be with us down the road. But it's a good starting point for us to work with.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

If there is one thing we should have learned the past 5 years, its that you never underestimate the value of quality back-ups. Sometimes it's just worth it.
Terranimal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

Understand this school of though. With the injuries we tend to see though, I wouldn't be mad if we got a guy early who ended up being a capable backup at more than one position. And while the O-line is definitely one of our needs, I think we are in better shape than many think. It obviously all depends on the recovery of Sherrod and Bulaga and since that is such a question mark, I think it's imperative to spend a decent pick on a capable starter at OT. Newhouse is a good backup, sure, but not a guy you want protecting #12 for more than a couple games at most. From what I'm told, Datko has a lot of potential as well and could ultimately end up being the guy we need to fill in should we run into trouble at one of the OT spots again, but that is still a few years away. What Barclay showed on Sunday made me very happy and he's barely sniffed his first real NFL action. He already looks like a great find. We are set at both OG positions and have EDS as a guy who can swing to either spot should Lang or Sitton have injury issues. I like him better as a safety guy there rather than the future at C but he can also back that spot up. So if Sherrod & Bulaga are able to come back healthy, we could potentially have 6 capable starting/depth tackles if we decide to draft one this year as injury insurance/fill in for Bulaga or Sherrod. What I really think needs to be addressed is C. Saturday is nowhere near the level he used to play at, and LIS I like EDS more as an interior swing OL depth player. So if we draft a capable starting C this year, I like the way our future looks if our injured tackles can come back healthy. But again, a big IF and that's why I would like to see us draft an OT pretty early this draft.

A lot of speculation involved there..I just plugged Jonathan Cooper and Rick Wagner into the line because they are 2 guys we could get in this year's draft. We could obviously end up with 2 completely different guys from this year's class, I just chose them for argument's sake. And clearly that's a crowd to keep on the line (10 guys) so I don't think all of them would be on the 53 at once or even be with us down the road. But it's a good starting point for us to work with.

Most seem to be forgetting Van Rotten as a Center also for the Pack and he has some experience as a Center besides. A-Rod has already talked about EDS as the next future Center.
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

It's all about depth and versatility. Yeah, our biggest needs are C and LT, but guys who can fill in and play well at multiple positions up front are valuable. Plus, I'm not as convinced as you are that we are set at guard moving forward. There's been a lot left to be desired this year.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:
JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

Most seem to be forgetting Van Rotten as a Center also for the Pack and he has some experience as a Center besides. A-Rod has already talked about EDS as the next future Center.

Yes I did forget about Van Roten! Thanks.

And I know that Rodgers has said he thinks EDS is the future at C but I just like him better being a great versatile depth guy. I think we could definitely find a guy to be a great starter there and that would allow us to keep EDS to be a tremendously valuable swing back-up. Like that idea more but a lot of it would come down to whether he is willing to remain a quality reserve when he's already spent a few seasons in that role and may feel like he has paid his dues.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not buying into Evan Dietz-Watson either.
justo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

draft crushes, go
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
draft crushes, go

Kenny Vacaro
Johnathan Franklin
Ryan Swope
Zach Ertz
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
draft crushes, go

QB- NOT Matt "Me Me Me" Barkley.
RB- NOT Eddie Lacy--not an NFL back. Yes Lattimore. Yes Christine Michael.
WR- Quinton Patton zzzzzz
justo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
justo wrote:
draft crushes, go

Kenny Vacaro
Johnathan Franklin
Ryan Swope
Zach Ertz

Jonathan Cooper
Giovanni Bernard
Lane Johnson
Barrett Jones (DOUBLE R)
Tony Jefferson
for me. Anyone think we should just start our FFMD stuff early and pwn the rest of FF?
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
draft crushes, go

RB:
Stefan Taylor
Kenjon Barner
TE:
Tyler Eifert
Zach Ertz
WR:
Keenan Allen (depending on where he drops and the Jennings/Finley situation, I'd even be able to get on board trading up for this kid)
Robert Woods
DeAndre Hopkins
Ryan Swope
OL:
Barrett Jones
Eric Fisher

I'm overall pretty meh on most of the defensive class this year.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
justo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Stefan Taylor
Oh yeah. I like a lot. Dude would be awesome for us but I'm just scared about his wear. You figure we have Kuhn for short yardage for another 2 years and then that's all RB. Williams never takes a handoff when he's play H-Back. Rotation gets that much smaller.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 54 of 100

Jump to: