Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scuba St3ve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:
Scuba St3ve wrote:
Terranimal wrote:
Been busy and meant to post this....

Safety Elam's brother, Abe, has told him to return to school next year. The thought is he could be a high first round pick if he returns back.....

My guess is it will come down to what the NFL draft advisory board tells him where he is forecasted....

........and he could break his leg and become a 4th round pick

if your guaranteed to get drafted in the top half of the draft, which he is, I say you should go into the draft

Maybe, but his brother is an NFL player and already went through all of that. The difference of being a possible top 15 pick verses a 3rd round pick (though think second round is farthest he'd go) is a lot of money. And consider the average lifespan in the NFL is 3 to 5 years, that could weigh heavily on a young person. because once in the NFL where players are bigger and faster anything could happen and your career is over....look at Terrance Murphy or Nick Collins.

and the difference from being a second round pick to a 4th round pick (if he gets seriously hurt next year) is a lot of money too.
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elam will be considered in the late first and will be taken no later than the mid-2nd if the draft was tomorrow. If he maintains or elevates that stock, he'd be nuts not to declare-- too much could go wrong.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:
Elam will be considered in the late first and will be taken no later than the mid-2nd if the draft was tomorrow. If he maintains or elevates that stock, he'd be nuts not to declare-- too much could go wrong.

Not sure about that man. Safeties that are better at the LOS than in the back half have a habit of waiting a day or two longer than expected.

BF1&2 Smile

Hi Riot
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

Not sure about that man. Safeties that are better at the LOS than in the back half have a habit of waiting a day or two longer than expected.

BF1&2 Smile

Hi Riot

What's up, my man! Very Happy

Elam is great in coverage as well, definitely not a one-dimensional safety. He is a smart player who can cover a lot of ground, so he does well in the deep part of the field-- not just in the box.

Total package, just a little on the small side. Star written all over him, imo.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

BF1&2 Smile

Hi Riot

Elam is great in coverage as well, definitely not a one-dimensional safety. He is a smart player who can cover a lot of ground, so he does well in the deep part of the field-- not just in the box.

I just see him occasionally have one of those brain farts where he'll totally blank on down and distance and tear up field and bite on play action. He's a playmaker for sure, just don't completely trust him and if I'm going Safety in round 1 that better be a guy that I have utter faith in to hold down the back of the defense.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any take on Jawanza Starling, S, USC?

No INTs until this year but has 3. Projected as an UDFA, but caught my eye tonight. Just wondering if anyone has a take on him.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things I see from USC:
Khaled Holmes- Not good.
TJ McDonald- Not good.
Robert Woods- Very Good, I want.
Marquis Lee- Very Good, hope nobody in the division gets him next year.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Things I see from USC:
Khaled Holmes- Not good.
TJ McDonald- Not good.
Robert Woods- Very Good, I want.
Marquis Lee- Very Good, hope nobody in the division gets him next year.

Agreed. Holmes/McDonald a product of the USC hype. Robert Woods is going to fall on draft day if he hasn't already. Could be a nice get later on in the draft.
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:

I just see him occasionally have one of those brain farts where he'll totally blank on down and distance and tear up field and bite on play action. He's a playmaker for sure, just don't completely trust him and if I'm going Safety in round 1 that better be a guy that I have utter faith in to hold down the back of the defense.

Probably won't go round one. But early round two is a possibility since poorly run teams will be picking there and may fall in love with his potential.

If he comes back for a season he could have some flaws exposed and drop in stock. Different position/situation, but look at Barkley. Would have been a top ten pick last season. Now he'd be lucky to go round 3.

DannoMac21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

BF1&2 Smile

Hi Riot

Oh so we have a little RGM get together here. Go Bucks.
DrugBust

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannoMac21 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

BF1&2 Smile

Hi Riot

Get a room, dorks.
DannoMac21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrugBust wrote:
DannoMac21 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

BF1&2 Smile

Hi Riot

Get a room, dorks.

Now all we need is GBPBBOT
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:

I also wouldn't mind if we took Short if he's still available. This would pretty complete our D-Line for the future:

LDE: KaWann Short (can also plug him in at NT if Raji ever misses games due to injury), Mike Daniels
NT: B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett
RDE: Jerel Worthy, Mike Neal
In what scheme does Short fit NT? Because it ain't 3-4
pmikep

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmy, what are your thoughts on Braxston Cave and Spencer Nealy.
Do they fit for what the Packers do on O/D ? Thanks
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmikep wrote:
Palmy, what are your thoughts on Braxston Cave and Spencer Nealy.
Do they fit for what the Packers do on O/D ? Thanks

Like both in the fit. I don't see either as high boards though. Nealy is a try hard with a very nice body for the five tech position. That should push his board a bit in this class. Cave is a very nice football player that lacks a great football body and has an injury history. His med check will be key in setting his board. Both fit the bill as far as system though.

On a side note: I have had a few guys ask me of late about the OT Fisher. I'm here to tell ya that kid goes day-1. Think there are now three of them in this with Fisher being the last of the three. But that's a damn good football player right there. Just did a film break on him and came away very happy with his grade. The level of comp is clearly the issue here but he was a monster on tape and at 21 years of age there is reason to feel he will keep getting better. Long kid that plays that way though and he bends very well also. Those are two things that will take him a long ways with NFL coaching.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 48 of 100

Jump to: