Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
I'll just say this. If said players high board comes at center. He damn well better grade out elite if your going to take him day1. History would show it's a terrible value pick if you reach there. A guy like Jones will get a value jump because he can get you out of a game at all five and can excel at all three inside. Still, one must ask what they feel his best pure position is and set his high board there to start with.

I have said from day1 that I view that man as a Max Unger clone and truly feel that should be his slot. Kids very much so a "Packers guy" though. If TT takes him at the tail end of round one I will not cry about it but will not see it as great value either.

Guy like that could change some things in Green Bay though. Makes moving Bulaga and keeping Lang at RT possible also. I mean, what looks better to you Newhouse-Sherrod/Lang/Jones/Sitton/Bulaga OR Bulaga/Jones/EDS/Sitton/Lang?

I want A for passing the ball, I want B for running the ball. I am just difficult that way.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Miller did a mock draft that I read and he had us taking David Amerson.... Man I would probably break isht, NO ME GUSTA!!!!! BTW Barrett Jones was still on the board in his mock...

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else got a take on Cordalle (sp?) Patterson outta Tennessee? Looks to have special yac ability.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Anyone else got a take on Cordalle (sp?) Patterson outta Tennessee? Looks to have special yac ability.
Certianly has been a stud at Tennessee this year. Probably better than Justin Hunter who I really dont like, Hunter has all the tools and gets blown up as some huge athletic freak, and he is but it doesn't really show on the field that much IMO. Way better Yac ability from Patterson than Hunter IMO.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Matt Miller did a mock draft that I read and he had us taking David Amerson.... Man I would probably break isht, NO ME GUSTA!!!!! BTW Barrett Jones was still on the board in his mock...

Amerson could probably be turned into a pretty decent free safety. Burnett is probably best at SS. I wouldn't hate that.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Amerson could probably be turned into a pretty decent free safety. Burnett is probably best at SS. I wouldn't hate that.

Aren't the S spots for us pretty interchangeable? Has that changed this year with the Woodson rotation?
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Aren't the S spots for us pretty interchangeable? Has that changed this year with the Woodson rotation?
I thought they were pretty interchangeable, I think that was the idea with Burnett and Collins. But what do we do with Amerson? Do we really give up on McMillian? I just don't have any idea what we do with the guy....

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
ziggy19

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you think they part ways with Finley? would they look to replace him early in the draft or do they have his replacement in the organization already?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
justo wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

I thought they were pretty interchangeable, I think that was the idea with Burnett and Collins. But what do we do with Amerson? Do we really give up on McMillian? I just don't have any idea what we do with the guy....
Weird spot with McMillian. Both S's are doing well enough that it's not a need but not good enough that we have cemented starters there 3 years from now. Woodson's future departure (hopefully? idk where to stand on that issue anymore) will at least let us entertain the thought of at least another DP level body in the corp.
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember that Capers prefers an extra safety out there in many of his Packs. Good chance someone of the like might fill Woodson's olb gig also. Just sayin. No reason to feel safety is not on TT's wish list as of right now. How he feels about both rooks could play a big part in that card being handed in though. Jennings has played better than I felt he had in him also.

In short, we have sound bodies right now but another bell cow like Burnett would be damn hard to pass on.

And yes, our safety spots are very much so interchangeable in base pack.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If talking a Safety to take Woodson's spot then would prefer one of these 3: Jefferson, Elam, or Vacarro. Not an Amerson fan and these 3 are more battle tested at safety.

However, reports are the team has been happy with Hayward's play filling in Woodson's position. So not so sure we really need a guy for it.

Richardson is another guy that has good reports from GB. At some point he will get his chance....

Now for something just picked up from Aaron Rodgers show tonight on a topic that has been discussed here greatly: CENTER.

Aaron gave a great report and endorsement on EDS. Spoke how Evan has progressed and especially after becoming a father. Figures him to be the future center of the team for a long time. Went more in depth but don't want to misquote.

Also spoke how tight Sitton, Lang, and Evan are. If someone messes with one of them, they have the other two to contend with. They are a tight group.

Came right to the computer from hearing that on the drive home. So would be really surprised if we drafted a player high to play Center. Maybe a Guard who could also fill in at Center, such as Jones or Cooper.

But would think the smart money might be on grabbing an OT somewhere in the first 3 rounds.....

Bulaga: Aaron is tight with him, so wouldn't get into everything. Spoke highly of how these O-Line guys play with a lot of pain. So was a bit surprised when Bulaga came out of the game until he found out the injury. He calls the injury significant, like McCarthy does. At this stage doesn't think it's the same type of thing as Bo Jackson's was where the tendons ruptured. But also isn't sure if Bulaga will need surgery or not but is most likely out for a year.

Given Bulaga's situation and the unknown of Sherrod, am not ruling out any possible of the Pack once again drafting an OT and would think OT would be the first OL position they would go for, unless they end up happy with Lang at RT and Newhouse at LT, then could see a Guard type. Or if the prognosis on either Sherrod or Bulaga is better than it looks currently.

Still though Thompson has almost always drafted OTs for the Guard position.
Scuba St3ve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else like Louis Nix from ND?

dude is just disruptive, and he always gets double teamed and handles it well. would be another big 320+ body to help raji
KManX89

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blount_truth wrote:
A few problems I have with that kman-- to me Pickett is a big part of our dline right now. He's why we don't carry a second NT on the roster. He's also very strong at the POA, the best at playing the run we have, by far. I think he's worth 1 more short contract if he proves as useful next year as he has been this year.

I also don't think we need another rotational guy on the dline with that early of a pick, either you wait and see if worthy can develop into a solid all around starter or you draft a guy you think can be that starter. Gholston hasn't shown a whole lot of football player this year he's a good body talent but everything else is potential which I'd be ok with maybe in the third but he probably won't make it that far.

I don't think theres a RB this year who would constitute the bva pick Thompson rolls with. Best RB or not there will be someone who can help this team more with that pick.

I'm definitely not a fan of the cut and draft plan, its so uncertain that the player you want would make it to you that you'd probably end up spending more then is worth chasing that player. And then depending on that player to be immediately NFL ready isn't wise. And to just cut finley? Someone out there is willing to trade for him for some kind of compensation. He's still a heck of a talent and still young. He's got special attributes and you don't just let special walk out the door for nothing.

I never said he doesn't have value, I just said he's solely a run-stuffer nowadays. Then again, he was never really much of a sack guy (he's never had more than 2 in a season in either STL or GB, to my knowledge). He's also getting up there in age, meaning, at some point we're gonna have to rely on one of our younger DL-men (Daniels, Worthy, Neal) to effectively take over.

And you're definitely right, we should try to get some kind of compensation for Finley, if we're going to trade him, but then again, I can't think of any teams that would want to take a chance on him, or really need a TE. Atlanta will have a TE vacancy after this year, because this is Gonzalez's last year, but I don't know if they'd be willing to work out a trade when they draft one of Eifert or Fauria... worst case, we could simply cut him and get a nice compensatory pick for whoever signs him, but it wouldn't do us any good until next year.

Also, I know this is wistful-thinking, and I'll be damned if this happens, but if, by some divine miracle (hey, I can always dream, right?), Manti Te'o falls to us in the 1st, do we take him? Our LBing core would be sick next year in getting Perry, Bishop and D.J. Smith back. Imagine Perry-Bishop-Te'o-Matthews with Smith and Jones in rotation. Drool What about Shayne Skov? Do we take him in the 3rd if he's available?
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you said it is wishful thinking, but I don't think ILB is a need for us right now at all. Hawk is having a great year..Bishop is a more than capable starter (to say the least) and a great physical presence on our D...and Smith and Jones have both proven to be solid depth players.

I'd much rather dream about a top OT or DL guy falling into our lap. But that's just me.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:

Guy like that could change some things in Green Bay though. Makes moving Bulaga and keeping Lang at RT possible also. I mean, what looks better to you Newhouse-Sherrod/Lang/Jones/Sitton/Bulaga OR Bulaga/Jones/EDS/Sitton/Lang?

After saying he's not a guy who would be the best to take round 1, you make it look so good if TT did pull the trigger with those possible O-Line situations.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 44 of 100

Jump to: