Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tohnren

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
British wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
pmikep wrote:
Just finished watching the Alabama, Notre Dame game for the second
time keeping my eye on Barrett Jones on every play. (71 total, 41 runs--
30 passing) This kid had a outstanding game. (playing against Nixs) We all know he has played LOT,ROG &C. Looks to me that he has very good to excellent hands, feet and size. (6'4",305, body needs some work)
Could he play LOT in the NFL. If not, play him at ROT and move BB to left ? This kid has day one starter written all over him.
Thoughts please !!!!

Not going to comment on him at RT, because I don't know. But Bulaga is very good there. We also return Sherrod who is LT only. I think between Bulaga, Sherrod, Newhouse, Barclay and Datko we should be fine at the tackle position going into next season.

Exactly. Why would we move him to OT when we have lots of options there and lack interior depth.

We're thinnest at C and G depth which are his more natural positions.

He apparently played that game with a lisfranc injury.

We have two true tackles on this team Bulaga and Sherrod. Just because we have guys like Newhouse and Barclay playing OT does not mean we are strong there. Those guys are emergency tackles IMO, we just start them because we have no choice. Very similar players to TJ Lang, who is also a emergency tackle.

I disagree. Newhouse is certainly better than a lot of backup LT's in the league, and he's gotten some good experience. I bet the Staff is pretty happy with him. Also, while Barclay hasn't been spectacular, he has been a pretty nice surprise considering he was an undrafted FA. He's got some nice upside. Plus, they're both cheap. Honestly, if Sherrod pans out, tackle looks like a pretty solid position for this team going forward.
Terranimal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmikep wrote:
30 passing) This kid had a outstanding game. (playing against Nixs) We all know he has played LOT,ROG &C. Looks to me that he has very good to excellent hands, feet and size. (6'4",305, body needs some work)
Could he play LOT in the NFL. If not, play him at ROT and move BB to left ? This kid has day one starter written all over him.
Thoughts please !!!!

If you read back over the last few pages here will see discussion on him and palmy's take.... Wink
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tohnren wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
British wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
pmikep wrote:
Thoughts please !!!!

Not going to comment on him at RT, because I don't know. But Bulaga is very good there. We also return Sherrod who is LT only. I think between Bulaga, Sherrod, Newhouse, Barclay and Datko we should be fine at the tackle position going into next season.

Exactly. Why would we move him to OT when we have lots of options there and lack interior depth.

We have two true tackles on this team Bulaga and Sherrod. Just because we have guys like Newhouse and Barclay playing OT does not mean we are strong there. Those guys are emergency tackles IMO, we just start them because we have no choice. Very similar players to TJ Lang, who is also a emergency tackle.

I disagree. Newhouse is certainly better than a lot of backup LT's in the league, and he's gotten some good experience. I bet the Staff is pretty happy with him. Also, while Barclay hasn't been spectacular, he has been a pretty nice surprise considering he was an undrafted FA. He's got some nice upside. Plus, they're both cheap. Honestly, if Sherrod pans out, tackle looks like a pretty solid position for this team going forward.

I agree with you on a good bit of that. I don't love Newhouse as my starting LT. But that guy starts for a hell of a lot of football teams in the NFL right now. My core issue with Newhouse is and has always been that his mindset is not in line with his skillset. That guys skillset could be All-Pro good inside or damn good at RT but he has the mindset of a LT all day long.

It's not a god given talent issue with Newhouse though. His god given talent might only be topped by Sherrod and maybe Bulaga(closer than many would think) on this Packers roster. It would not shock me one bit if the Packers lose Newhouse to another team when his contract runs dry if Sherrod pans out though. Hell, Newhouse could start for me at RT any day!

Just one of those odd deals with Newhouse. The one position his mindset is in line with might be the only one he can't excel at from a skillset POV at the pro level. If I was another teams GM though, I would not blink an eye at given him fair money to be my starting RT. Bet he would be middle of the pack in the NFL there. Every team in the NFL would love to have a Newhouse on their bench though. I hope Sherrod come to health and takes that job. But the Packers have been very lucky to have Newhouse around.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen Mike Catapano?

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrTigerfan10/videos?view=0&flow=grid some videos here of him. DE from Princeton at the East/West Shrine Game this year. 6'4" 270ish. Dropped from 290ish his junior year. Bob Surace (Princeton coach) said he's like Justin Smith who he coached in Cincinnati. Ivy League DPOTY. Went to Princeton as a 225 FB who had offers from BCS schools. Does MMA and kickboxing. Reportedly a 4.6ish 40 time. 225 rep 30 times. Haven't seen much outside those videos but it has me interested.

Also if you guys think Kyle Long has a weird backstory..
http://espn.go.com/colleges/fsu/football/story/_/id/8399858/menelik-watson-endured-strange-journey-florida-state-seminoles
6'6" 320 and a 4.7 Shocked, can he play tight end?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT1TicBpSmM&feature=player_embedded

The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
pmikep

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Terranimal
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrTigerfan10/videos?view=0&flow=grid some videos here of him. DE from Princeton at the East/West Shrine Game this year. 6'4" 270ish. Dropped from 290ish his junior year. Bob Surace (Princeton coach) said he's like Justin Smith who he coached in Cincinnati. Ivy League DPOTY. Went to Princeton as a 225 FB who had offers from BCS schools. Does MMA and kickboxing. Reportedly a 4.6ish 40 time. 225 rep 30 times. Haven't seen much outside those videos but it has me interested.

http://espn.go.com/colleges/fsu/football/story/_/id/8399858/menelik-watson-endured-strange-journey-florida-state-seminoles

I'll be watching Catapano for the E/W game. That's some nice stuff.

Pretty sure Kyle Long can play TE. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if you've talked about him before but what's the positives and negatives on Joseph Fauria from UCLA. Seems like his upside would be really high, comes out of the backfield and in normal TE position if there is such a thing now.. But from someone who has studied him or other TEs where does he stand?

Joe on the sig
palmy50 wrote:
stockholder wrote:
Go To---SB Nation evaluation Of adams
Yeah, I'll get right on that......
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imraw wrote:
I'm not sure if you've talked about him before but what's the positives and negatives on Joseph Fauria from UCLA. Seems like his upside would be really high, comes out of the backfield and in normal TE position if there is such a thing now.. But from someone who has studied him or other TEs where does he stand?
I liked him a lot more coming into the year than I do now. His blocking really isn't where I thought it should be, he catches the ball well but I am not sure if he has a real high upside after the catch. It will be interesting to see how he runs.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best

Conductor of the Gerod Holliman Hype Train
British

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
British wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
pmikep wrote:
Thoughts please !!!!

So next year we have two 'true' first round tackles in Sherrod and Bulaga, plus backing them up we have Newhouse who can play either side and has had two years starting at LT and Barclay who as an undrafted free agent rookie has started half the season. It's natural to assume he'll make a jump in his second year. Both are cheap. That's four guys. Plus we have Datko on the PS. And Lang in an emergency. How many tackles do you want on the the roster and which positions should we go light in to accommodate them?
imraw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
imraw wrote:
I liked him a lot more coming into the year than I do now. His blocking really isn't where I thought it should be, he catches the ball well but I am not sure if he has a real high upside after the catch. It will be interesting to see how he runs.

Ya his blocking EFFORT didn't even look stellar from the little I have seen which is not good at all. But we have Crabtree who blocks well and is good for a deception play, so I was thinking he could be good in the redone and to take advantage of mismatches. Some RAC ability would be nice to maximize those mismatches

Joe on the sig
palmy50 wrote:
stockholder wrote:
Go To---SB Nation evaluation Of adams
Yeah, I'll get right on that......
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad on the Kapron Lewis-Moore injury. He is a guy I was looking at later to come to Green Bay as a rotational DE. Was envisioning him as a run stuffing guy that could help out next year when this team figures out what to do with all the dline contracts coming up.

Get him anyway and PUP him? I am thinking Round 5-6 range at best when he was not hurt.
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

Was going to make a post a few months ago on the draft forum on Menelik Watson, but didn't think he'd be declaring. I'm very close with the guy who runs the Carnitas Basketball Academy and recruited Watson to play for him, and it has been fascinating to hear the Watson story develop. Anybody have a tape read on him? His old crew in Spain would love to hear a scouting report.
justo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macc_Aviv wrote:
justo wrote:

Was going to make a post a few months ago on the draft forum on Menelik Watson, but didn't think he'd be declaring. I'm very close with the guy who runs the Carnitas Basketball Academy and recruited Watson to play for him, and it has been fascinating to hear the Watson story develop. Anybody have a tape read on him? His old crew in Spain would love to hear a scouting report.

Well Tank Carradine has good things to say about him so that is good haha. Haven't really focused on him but what I've read is that he's a really fluid, raw athlete at this point. Has all the pieces to be a good starting OT in the league but needs some technique work. Could play either Ts or G and be a possible Carl Nicks type guy. The only reason he's playing RT at FSU is because that's what he played in JuCo..which is because Kyle Long was the opposite bookend on that line. Some of these junior colleges just pump out guys, now.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a real problem in figuring out linebackers. I struggle to know what guys fit as 3-4 ILB's and 4-3 OLB's and MLB's. I know there has been some talk about Teo as a better 3-4 ILB, but what is so different that he wouldn't be able to be as good in a 4-3, does he have to have another guy next to him, does a 4-3 require the MLB to be better in space? If somebody could break it down so I know what to look for at those positions I would greatly appreciate it!

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best

Conductor of the Gerod Holliman Hype Train
RG25

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
I have a real problem in figuring out linebackers. I struggle to know what guys fit as 3-4 ILB's and 4-3 OLB's and MLB's. I know there has been some talk about Teo as a better 3-4 ILB, but what is so different that he wouldn't be able to be as good in a 4-3, does he have to have another guy next to him, does a 4-3 require the MLB to be better in space? If somebody could break it down so I know what to look for at those positions I would greatly appreciate it!

4-3 ILB generally are more athletic because they have to cover more ground and they can sometimes act as a third safety by dropping back into coverage.

3-4 ILB they don't have to cover as much ground since there are two ILBs because they can split the field. They also have to be better at fighting off blocks since there are only 3 down lineman.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 86 of 100

Jump to: