Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarQuies Gray looking like a decent jumbo WR/TE Shocked
http://youtu.be/U8_y6Xs6Kxs
Dude was almost a Duck a couple seasons ago. I thought he was done after he was moved from QB. Interesting. Does anyone know if he's projected to stay at WR or move to TE? (6'4" 240)
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Terranimal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Terranimal wrote:
here's a little more a poster friend of mine put up on another board.....

Q: James, North Prairie, WI - Hey Tom do you agree with Aaron Rodgers than EDS is the Packers center of the future? Is he talented enough to be an effective full-time starter?
A: Tom Silverstein - I think he's got a chance. I really like Greg Van Roten and wouldn't be surprised if he wound up there some day. He needs to get in the weight room, but he's a tough kid with a nasty disposition. I wouldn't count him out.

Would not fight anyone on any of that. One that gets be thinking though. I mean, both can fill about the same way but how they get there is much different. What I mean by that is that EDS would bring a much different game/set to the center position then we have seen under Mac. GVR is much closer is terms of style as far as what we have seen here at center. GVR lives is dies with his quicks and balance. That's not EDS though. He would be more of a power play at center but would have a very tough time with some of the blocks asked in the system as is.

Good chance that's how this thing plays out though pending how the board falls come draft day. EDS should get his look unless he falls flat on his face the rest of this season, and GVR should be the interior swing much in the same way EDS has been the past few years here.

Like both though. Took a long look at GVR out of college and EDS has done nothing but earn my respect from day one in Green Bay. Had a very close grade on both out of college. Will be fun to watch this thing play out over time.

Add another thing again... Smile

Larry and Wayne were talking to Tauscher before the last Pack game. They asked him about the two blocking schemes: Zone and Power/Man. Tauscher said the guys in GB prefer Power/Man, as did he. Sure most here understand the two systems so won't bore with that.

However, lately the Pack have started to switch off more to Man/Power blocking.(Larry and Tauscher said) Just thought this was a bit interesting to the board here after what Palmy just spoke on with EDS and GVR......
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Dude was almost a Duck a couple seasons ago. I thought he was done after he was moved from QB. Interesting. Does anyone know if he's projected to stay at WR or move to TE? (6'4" 240)
Eh. Maybe the 90th man to get on the camp roster? I just don't see much. At least a guy like Denard Robinson you can see the speed and the talent when the ball is in his hands. MarQuies.... eh, not so much.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best

Conductor of the Gerod Holliman Hype Train
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
justo wrote:
Eh. Maybe the 90th man to get on the camp roster? I just don't see much. At least a guy like Denard Robinson you can see the speed and the talent when the ball is in his hands. MarQuies.... eh, not so much.

Yeah, Marquies just isn't very good at anything. He's not fast enough to play WR and not physical enough to be a TE. He was basically a QB that got by scrambling against B1G LBs.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
justo wrote:

Yeah, Marquies just isn't very good at anything. He's not fast enough to play WR and not physical enough to be a TE. He was basically a QB that got by scrambling against B1G LBs.
Well lets not get to carried away, its not like he made a living feasting on bad LBers, he wasn't good against even slow LBers Laughing

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best

KManX89

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
KManX89 wrote:

To be clear, I said we could end up letting Hawk room to clear up cap space if need be, not that we will or should. Between letting Hawk or Jennings go, at this rate I'd say we're more likely to let Jennings walk, since our O has been high-flying without him (Rodgers threw for 6, count that, *6* TD passes against the #1 defense in their own house without Jennings) since Hawk's stepped up so much for us since Desmond Bishop got hurt. We did also draft an ILB in the 5th round in Terrell Manning, who, while pretty silent for us thus far, has good potential and is a work in progress. TT will continue to slowly work him in and give him reps (during practice, offseason workouts, whathaveyou) for at least a few more years to see if he steps up his game before completely giving up on him.

As for taking a pass rusher, we don't necessarily need another OLB, though Alex Okafor (who would play OLB in our 3-4) can also play inside linebacker, so maybe we could take him just to add some versatility to our schemes (I could see us running some 5 linebacker sets like - LeBeau sometimes uses in PIT with Perry, Hawk, Bishop, Okafor and Matthews), if he's available. Otherwise, I see no need or use for another edge rusher (Walden and Mozes have given us nice depth behind Perry, who will be back next year, and Matthews). I'd say OL is our most likely destination in the 1st round.

Except cutting Hawk wouldn't save any cap space next year was my point. He is also a guy fans are regularly hoping to get rid of, but coaches and the front office have faith in him and generally are OK with the job he's doing.

Maybe not an OLB, but an interior rusher would easily be an option. Similar to Worthy.

I wouldn't rule out any of the high value roles. WR/TE/CB/OL/DL/CB are all solid possibilities. I don't think there is any sort of clear lean to OL. Going in to next year, we should have this OL available:

LT: Newhouse, Sherrod
LG: Lang
C: Saturday, Evan Deitrich Smith
RG: Sitton
RT: Bulaga

That's a pretty damn fine 7 OL. Depth at some point? Sure. Hard lean early for need? Not at all.

That's assuming Saturday plays another year, of course, but even if he doesn't, our OL should still look pretty solid going into next year to where we can pretty much survive with what we have if we don't use a 1st on OL. Not a 2011 Patriots-quality OL (which gave Brady all day to throw the ball), by any means, but good enough to hold (and I don't mean that literally, LOL).

Again, I would absolutely love it if we took Eifert in the 1st (assuming one of either ATL or NYG doesn't nab him first). I think he would give us the biggest upgrade of all the positions, since he is a beast. In fact, the only thing missing from our offense (apart from RB, which we can address in later rounds with either Bell or Ball) at this point is a TE who can actually catch and hang onto passes. We saw how scary good Jimmy Graham made the Saints offense.

I also wouldn't mind if we took Short if he's still available. This would pretty complete our D-Line for the future:

LDE: KaWann Short (can also plug him in at NT if Raji ever misses games due to injury), Mike Daniels
NT: B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett
RDE: Jerel Worthy, Mike Neal

But like OL, I think our DL is also deep enough at present to where we can survive without using a 1st on said position. Though Short, if he's there, would most likely fit TT's BPA philosophy over whatever remaining OLmen were left (except for maybe Jones and possibly Warmack, IF they're still there). Plus, I would absolutely love it if we had all 3 starting DLmen with pass rushing ability (with nice depth behind them) as well as in run stoppage and creating gaps for our LBers, but, again, we may already have that with Daniels and Neal finally healthy, so I dunno. But like the Giants and Steelers have shown, you can never have enough menacing fat guys/pass rushers.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Fiedo from Iowa is having a a nice game, big catch and run. Kid should come into the draft IMO. That Iowa team is going nowhere are and I don't think he can raise his draft grade much going back next year. I'd love to land that kid, my kind of TE!

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best

nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
justo wrote:

Well lets not get to carried away, its not like he made a living feasting on bad LBers, he wasn't good against even slow LBers Laughing

That's fair. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My previous mocks : 2011 Version 1
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Round 1. Brandon Harris CB The U.
Round 2. Mikel LeShoure RB Illinois.
Round 3. Justin Houston OLB UGA.
Round 4. Jarvis Jenkins DT/DE Clemson
Round 5. Ronald Johnson WR USC
Round 6. Casey Matthews ILB Oregon
Round 7. Aldrick Robinson WR SMU

2011 Version 2
MNPackfan32 wrote:

1st Round- Justin Houston OLB Georgia.
Trade we send our 2nd, 4th and 6th to Arizona for the 5th pick in the 2nd round.
2nd Round- Stefen Wisniewski OG/C Penn St.
3rd Round- Austin Pettis WR Boise St.
4th Round (Kampman)- Dontay Moch OLB Nevada
5th Round- Chykie Brown CB Texas
6th-Traded
7th Round (JJ Jansen trade?)- Lawton Scott NT Ole Miss

Yikes haha, I can't find my 2012 one for some reason....

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best

AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

2011 Version 2
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Trade we send our 2nd, 4th and 6th to Arizona for the 5th pick in the 2nd round.
6th-Traded

For the Lulz, here's Todd McShay's

1 - Aaron Williams - DB
2 - Ryan Williams - RB
3 - Taiwan Jones - RB
4 - Curtish Marsh - CB
4 - Cedric Thornton - DT
5 - Marcus Cannon - OT
6 - Kai Forbath - K
7 - Mario Addison - OLB
7 - Byron Maxwell - CB

Here's Mine

2011: No Trades. Using Walt's Mock.

32: Watkins
64: Houston
96: Ballard
129: Barksdale
131: Cannon
163: Irving
197: Jeff Maehl
204: Jeff Sanzenbacher
233: TJ Yates
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

2011 Version 2
MNPackfan32 wrote:

6th-Traded

For the Lulz, here's Todd McShay's

1 - Aaron Williams - DB
2 - Ryan Williams - RB
3 - Taiwan Jones - RB
4 - Curtish Marsh - CB
4 - Cedric Thornton - DT
5 - Marcus Cannon - OT
6 - Kai Forbath - K
7 - Mario Addison - OLB
7 - Byron Maxwell - CB
That is sooooo bad. 2 running backs El oh el. Thats just.... yuck.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best

Terranimal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been busy and meant to post this....

Safety Elam's brother, Abe, has told him to return to school next year. The thought is he could be a high first round pick if he returns back.....

My guess is it will come down to what the NFL draft advisory board tells him where he is forecasted....
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we take a receiver this year I really would love to snag Cobi Hamilton.

~Mozilla on the sig~
Scuba St3ve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:

Safety Elam's brother, Abe, has told him to return to school next year. The thought is he could be a high first round pick if he returns back.....

My guess is it will come down to what the NFL draft advisory board tells him where he is forecasted....

........and he could break his leg and become a 4th round pick

if your guaranteed to get drafted in the top half of the draft, which he is, I say you should go into the draft
Terranimal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scuba St3ve wrote:
Terranimal wrote:

........and he could break his leg and become a 4th round pick

if your guaranteed to get drafted in the top half of the draft, which he is, I say you should go into the draft

Maybe, but his brother is an NFL player and already went through all of that. The difference of being a possible top 15 pick verses a 3rd round pick (though think second round is farthest he'd go) is a lot of money. And consider the average lifespan in the NFL is 3 to 5 years, that could weigh heavily on a young person. because once in the NFL where players are bigger and faster anything could happen and your career is over....look at Terrance Murphy or Nick Collins.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 47 of 100

Jump to: