Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Guy like that could change some things in Green Bay though. Makes moving Bulaga and keeping Lang at RT possible also. I mean, what looks better to you Newhouse-Sherrod/Lang/Jones/Sitton/Bulaga OR Bulaga/Jones/EDS/Sitton/Lang?

After saying he's not a guy who would be the best to take round 1, you make it look so good if TT did pull the trigger with those possible O-Line situations.

I don't grade him out there because I feel his best pro fit comes at center. If your pulling the same grades as I am on him and view him as a guard, good chance you have very little issue with him day1.

As far as him making the Packers look better on paper. Sure he would, kids a good football player. Fact is, if Sherrod comes to play next camp it could do the same thing. Know what I mean? Hell, if Sherrod's a player I like that first group a good bit more.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Just remember that Capers prefers an extra safety out there in many of his Packs. Good chance someone of the like might fill Woodson's olb gig also. Just sayin. No reason to feel safety is not on TT's wish list as of right now. How he feels about both rooks could play a big part in that card being handed in though. Jennings has played better than I felt he had in him also.

In short, we have sound bodies right now but another bell cow like Burnett would be damn hard to pass on.

And yes, our safety spots are very much so interchangeable in base pack.
My thing is, if we would take Amerson round 1, thats probably all he sees the field for, is as a 3rd safety. In my world Pass Rush>>>>>>Pass Coverage. I just don't see a high pick at safety, but a 3-5 round safety I am perfectly fine with. I still think this team needs a consistent interior pass rusher.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see a real pressing need on this club at all outside of RB. I'm not a big fan of RB's that high either.

LIS, good chance TT will draft the best premium position player on his board day1. At this point, said position is neither here nor there in my eyes. This is a good team with very solid depth. Just need to keep adding good football players. Rest will work out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
I know you said it is wishful thinking, but I don't think ILB is a need for us right now at all. Hawk is having a great year..Bishop is a more than capable starter (to say the least) and a great physical presence on our D...and Smith and Jones have both proven to be solid depth players.

I'd much rather dream about a top OT or DL guy falling into our lap. But that's just me.

I know, but Hawk is one of those guys I could see us letting go to clear up some cap room for Rodgers, Raji, Matthews, Jennings, etc. since we'll no longer be subject to his cap hit if we release him in the offseason. Yes, he's been valuable for us ever since Bishop and Smith got hurt, but we can't keep everybody. If so, and if (I know, it's not gonna happen, barring some divine, out-of-this-world miracle, but I can always speculate or play the "What If" game) Te'o fell in our lap, he would be the perfect replacement, and would certainly fit TT's BPA philosophy over whoever was likely left to take in the 1st round. Everyone knows we could use some LBers who are good in coverage, he excels at it (hell, he excels at everything). Then again, I also theorized letting Finley go to clear cap room (again, as much as I'd like to get a draft pick or two for him, IDK if anyone would actually want to give up picks for a proven headcase with a knack for dropped passes, the best we could probably hope for is a 2014 compensatory pick for whoever signs him in free agency after releasing him), and draft Eifert in the first to replace him.

OTOH, I could also see TT taking a S with the 1st pick (Eric Reid could possibly fall into our lap since he's having somewhat of a down year) or trading down to get more picks. OLine is a possibility, too, but then again, we did just use a 1st round pick on OL in 2011 (we also have Datko, a projected 1st-2nd rounder before the injury woes, developing on the PS), so I dunno. As for D-Line, the only one worth a 1st round grade who could maybe end up falling to us is Kawann Short (as much as I would cream myself if Hankins fell to us, much like with Te'o, I know better than to think it might realistically happen), and we already have Raji, Worthy, Daniels and a (finally) healthy Neal, so it's not a huge need for us (maybe for depth at NT behind Raji should he suffer any more ankle problems, because like I said, Pickett isn't going to stick around forever).

All in all, it's tough to say where we'll go in the 1st.
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
I know you said it is wishful thinking, but I don't think ILB is a need for us right now at all. Hawk is having a great year..Bishop is a more than capable starter (to say the least) and a great physical presence on our D...and Smith and Jones have both proven to be solid depth players.

I'd much rather dream about a top OT or DL guy falling into our lap. But that's just me.

I know, but Hawk is one of those guys I could see us letting go to clear up some cap room for Rodgers, Raji, Matthews, Jennings, etc. since we'll no longer be subject to his cap hit if we release him in the offseason. Yes, he's been valuable for us ever since Bishop and Smith got hurt, but we can't keep everybody. If so, and if (I know, it's not gonna happen, barring some divine, out-of-this-world miracle, but I can always speculate or play the "What If" game) Te'o fell in our lap, he would be the perfect replacement, and would certainly fit TT's BPA philosophy over whoever was likely left to take in the 1st round. Everyone knows we could use some LBers who are good in coverage, he excels at it (hell, he excels at everything). Then again, I also theorized letting Finley go to clear cap room (again, as much as I'd like to get a draft pick or two for him, IDK if anyone would actually want to give up picks for a proven headcase with a knack for dropped passes, the best we could probably hope for is a 2014 compensatory pick for whoever signs him in free agency after releasing him), and draft Eifert in the first to replace him.

OTOH, I could also see TT taking a S with the 1st pick (Eric Reid could possibly fall into our lap since he's having somewhat of a down year) or trading down to get more picks. OLine is a possibility, too, but then again, we did just use a 1st round pick on OL in 2011 (we also have Datko, a projected 1st-2nd rounder before the injury woes, developing on the PS), so I dunno. As for D-Line, the only one worth a 1st round grade who could maybe end up falling to us is Kawann Short (as much as I would cream myself if Hankins fell to us, much like with Te'o, I know better than to think it might realistically happen), and we already have Raji, Worthy, Daniels and a (finally) healthy Neal, so it's not a huge need for us (maybe for depth at NT behind Raji should he suffer any more ankle problems, because like I said, Pickett isn't going to stick around forever).

First off there would still be a cap hit. It would be close to his salary so the salary vs the cap hit would work out to 0 but you still have to pay his roster replacement as well. It just doesn't make any sense to cut Hawk. I guarantee you the coaches and front office think much more of him than most Packer fans.

The only reason he would fall that far is if he is wearing cement boots at the combine and the opinion is he can only be a 2 down LB. If that's the case, I don't draft him in the first either. Lots of LBs look like they excel at everything in college but end up being mediocre pros as well. I personally don't think T'eo is NEAR the prospect Hawk was coming out, and look how that turned out.

I think Palmy is on. TT will likely take the best prospect at what he views as a "premium position". That means ignore ILB, S, Interior OL, RB. Look for edge guys, either pass protectors or pass rushers, guys who can catch or guys who can cover those who do.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had the chance to watch SMU this year, but what's everybody's take on Margus Hunt? He seems like a complete project in terms of "knowing how to play football" but the physical tools seem like something you could make a hell of a 5-tech out of if you wanted to put the time in.

I have to say I always fall in love with those guys, I wanted Akiem Hicks and Markus Kuhn last year too.
Gbpckr50

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two guys I'd really like to see the Packers get.

Giovani Bernard RB North Carolina

and

Arthur Brown LB Kansas State

NFL: Packers
NHL: Flyers
MLB: Phillies
NCAAF: Penn State, Georgia, South Carolina, Clemson, Texas A&M, Louisville, Oregon, Texas Tech, & Baylor
NASCAR: Jeff Gordon
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gbpckr50 wrote:
Two guys I'd really like to see the Packers get.

Giovani Bernard RB North Carolina

and

Arthur Brown LB Kansas State
For me it really depends on when. Not a big Bernard fan in general. ILB is an interesting position, Bishop is coming off injury but we have him and Hawk locked up, but I really do like Brown.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
justo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mess with Bernard. Him and Stephon Taylor are my favorites in the class. Taylor has too much wear on his tires though. Anyone know if Gio is coming out or not yet? He's only a redshirt sophomore.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:

Guy like that could change some things in Green Bay though. Makes moving Bulaga and keeping Lang at RT possible also. I mean, what looks better to you Newhouse-Sherrod/Lang/Jones/Sitton/Bulaga OR Bulaga/Jones/EDS/Sitton/Lang?

I don't grade him out there because I feel his best pro fit comes at center. If your pulling the same grades as I am on him and view him as a guard, good chance you have very little issue with him day1.

As far as him making the Packers look better on paper. Sure he would, kids a good football player. Fact is, if Sherrod comes to play next camp it could do the same thing. Know what I mean? Hell, if Sherrod's a player I like that first group a good bit more.[/quote]

I hear ya. Be nice to see what Sherrod can bring to this group as it could need some sprucin' up. What's your take on Cooper being a 1st round choice for this team? You said he might have the best potential at C out of all the prospects. Just not entirely sure whether he's 1st round material.

As for the mentioning of Giovani Bernard. I don't see anything real special about him tbh. He had that great Punt return to seal the game, but I just wasn't feeling him being a 1st round choice type RB if he were to come out.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
As for the mentioning of Giovani Bernard. I don't see anything real special about him tbh. He had that great Punt return to seal the game, but I just wasn't feeling him being a 1st round choice type RB if he were to come out.

Bernard's not worth a first round pick, IMO, but if the Packers trade back in the first (like they did the year they grabbed Nelson), I could see him on the table in the 40s if he's still there.
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
ThinkICare wrote:

Bernard's not worth a first round pick, IMO, but if the Packers trade back in the first (like they did the year they grabbed Nelson), I could see him on the table in the 40s if he's still there.

I'm not on the Bernard train at all either. I'd much rather see Stepfan Taylor.

People always seem to want to pencil in a RB to GB and they are always looking for 2 opposite types. Either a bellcow type that needs a ton of carries to get going because they want a "workhorse", or a 3rd down scatback because the Packers run a passing offense. I want neither. The only way I'm interested in seeing a RB drafted in the top 3 rounds is if it's like Alex Green. Big enough to be a primary runner, but offers enough in the passing game that he can be used in spread sets as well. I don't want "exciting", I want "reliable" and "consistent".
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

As far as him making the Packers look better on paper. Sure he would, kids a good football player. Fact is, if Sherrod comes to play next camp it could do the same thing. Know what I mean? Hell, if Sherrod's a player I like that first group a good bit more.

Quote:
I hear ya. Be nice to see what Sherrod can bring to this group as it could need some sprucin' up. What's your take on Cooper being a 1st round choice for this team? You said he might have the best potential at C out of all the prospects. Just not entirely sure whether he's 1st round material.

As for the mentioning of Giovani Bernard. I don't see anything real special about him tbh. He had that great Punt return to seal the game, but I just wasn't feeling him being a 1st round choice type RB if he were to come out.[/quote][/quote]

IMO, Cooper has a shot at being elite. Also one nasty SOB! Kids skill a bit raw and not the sure thing a prospect like Jones is. But if I'm taking a first round center in this draft class, it's Cooper. Now I would be the first to tell you there is value in "safe". But the new CBA has changed some of that, and again, if I'm taking a first round center he better be special of there are value issuse with the pick. Think prime years Brown with Balt when thinking Cooper. Do you want that guy or Max Unger?

Don't take that the wrong way. I like Jones a lot! He brings more tackle value to get you out of a game there. But IMO, I feel Cooper is every bit the guard prospect and could be elite in time at center. I also feel Cooper brings a mindset this team needs up front.

As for the RB. I agree, that's not a first round prospect right there if ya ask me. Much to like about that young man. But that's not a special talent at the end of the day. I would rather see a Taylor or Michael later on. Just better board value IMO.

Again, don't take that the wrong way. I like Bernard! Just think he will go before I would take him, that's all. If he meets value marks, I'm in!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
JCamGOPACKGO wrote:

The only way teams are awarded compensatory picks is if they leave after a contract is over. If the team releases the player, they are not compensated for him. Just thought I'd clear that up. Looks like you're new here (4 posts).

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Terranimal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
ThinkICare wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Quote:

[/quote]

IMO, Cooper has a shot at being elite. Also one nasty SOB! Kids skill a bit raw and not the sure thing a prospect like Jones is. But if I'm taking a first round center in this draft class, it's Cooper. Now I would be the first to tell you there is value in "safe". But the new CBA has changed some of that, and again, if I'm taking a first round center he better be special of there are value issuse with the pick. Think prime years Brown with Balt when thinking Cooper. Do you want that guy or Max Unger?

Don't take that the wrong way. I like Jones a lot! He brings more tackle value to get you out of a game there. But IMO, I feel Cooper is every bit the guard prospect and could be elite in time at center. I also feel Cooper brings a mindset this team needs up front.

As for the RB. I agree, that's not a first round prospect right there if ya ask me. Much to like about that young man. But that's not a special talent at the end of the day. I would rather see a Taylor or Michael later on. Just better board value IMO.

Again, don't take that the wrong way. I like Bernard! Just think he will go before I would take him, that's all. If he meets value marks, I'm in![/quote]

Just a curious question- Unless the info have gathered is wrong, Cooper has only played one game at Center. How can anyone think he'll be a great Center based off of one game? I hear everyone on the Guard aspect though for him.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 45 of 100

Jump to: