Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REGenius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tyler Eiferts or Zach Ertz in the first round. Lets drop finally and rid ourselves of those stone hands so Rodgers has a good TE he can trust. Brady, Manning, Brees all have TE's the are reliable. I think both Eiferts and Ertz are going to be studs.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REGenius wrote:
I think Tyler Eiferts or Zach Ertz in the first round. Lets drop finally and rid ourselves of those stone hands so Rodgers has a good TE he can trust. Brady, Manning, Brees all have TE's the are reliable. I think both Eiferts and Ertz are going to be studs.

Finley was very good in the 2nd half and MM had very nice things to say about him. I think a TE before round 3 would be a waste.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
REGenius wrote:

Finley was very good in the 2nd half and MM had very nice things to say about him. I think a TE before round 3 would be a waste.
The only thing is, if Finley has a big year next year can we afford to keep him? Plus even if we keep Finley long term, another TE to make us more dynamic and a bigger threat vs the 2 high safety look that we struggled so bad with. With a guy like Eifert and Finley we could go with a 5 WR look or shift it into a 2 WR, 2 TE/1TE-1FB-1RB (Cobb) sets to run the ball easier. So I wouldn't call it a waste, it's not a real pressing need but it could really help our offense.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
REGenius wrote:

He has one year left on a deal that has him as one of the highest paid TEs in football and hasn't lived up to that yet. He is up and down and hasn't shown to "get it" yet. You don't pass on a guy you like because you have Finley at this point.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
REGenius wrote:

He has one year left on a deal that has him as one of the highest paid TEs in football and hasn't lived up to that yet. He is up and down and hasn't shown to "get it" yet. You don't pass on a guy you like because you have Finley at this point.

If either Eifert or Ertz is available in mid round 2, I'd trade up for them. But I think there will be better options with Ogletree/Minter who I love both.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
REGenius wrote:

If either Eifert or Ertz is available in mid round 2, I'd trade up for them. But I think there will be better options with Ogletree/Minter who I love both.

So you'd pass on Eifert or Ertz for Finley, who is wildly inconsistent and somewhat of a headcase for ILB prospects? That makes absolutely no sense to me. Bishop/Hawk are both better and more reliable players than Finley and of the 4 names listed here, personally I think Eifert is the only one worth a first round pick.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
REGenius wrote:

So you'd pass on Eifert or Ertz for Finley, who is wildly inconsistent and somewhat of a headcase for ILB prospects? That makes absolutely no sense to me. Bishop/Hawk are both better and more reliable players than Finley and of the 4 names listed here, personally I think Eifert is the only one worth a first round pick.

I'm sorry but we greatly disagree on Finley>Hawk. Finley is a much better player than Hawk at the moment, and has more potential. Finley had a very good 2nd half and I want a prospect in round one that is an inprovement or a future star. I see Eifert as a good but not star TE and same with Ertz. Great round 2 guys, but not round 1 IMO especially with needs and fits for them elsewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
I'm sorry but we greatly disagree on Finley>Hawk. Finley is a much better player than Hawk at the moment, and has more potential. Finley had a very good 2nd half and I want a prospect in round one that is an inprovement or a future star. I see Eifert as a good but not star TE and same with Ertz. Great round 2 guys, but not round 1 IMO especially with needs and fits for them elsewhere.

When Finley is on the up swing? Sure I can see that. Maybe at his best, Finley > Hawk. That's the problem. He's up and down, too inconsistent. Even late season, there are times Rodgers ignored him for reasons that I can only guess are lack of confidence in him. Hawk is steady and solid and I would bet he gets a LOT more love inside 1265 than he gets here. I also think there is a ton better chance that either Eifert or Ertz becomes a star than any ILB in this draft class.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:

When Finley is on the up swing? Sure I can see that. Maybe at his best, Finley > Hawk. That's the problem. He's up and down, too inconsistent. Even late season, there are times Rodgers ignored him for reasons that I can only guess are lack of confidence in him. Hawk is steady and solid and I would bet he gets a LOT more love inside 1265 than he gets here. I also think there is a ton better chance that either Eifert or Ertz becomes a star than any ILB in this draft class.

I disagree, I think both Ogletree and Minter will be very good. Ogletree has more upside but Minter is safer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is comparing AJ Hawk to Jermichael Finley. IMO I dont think Hawk will be starting next year anyways. Desmond Bishop is an animal and DJ Smith was very impressive last year. If both these guys can stay healthy our LBing crew will be awesome. We do need a passrusher opposite clay tho, which Nick Perry could become a stud as well.

Last edited by REGenius on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:

I disagree, I think both Ogletree and Minter will be very good. Ogletree has more upside but Minter is safer.
I think Ogletree has the highest upside of all of these guys, on potential it goes Ogletree-Eifert-Ertz-Minter. But obviously Ogletree has some off the field stuff that needs to be checked out.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
pollino14

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw some tape on Margus Hunt.... YES PLEASE! 6 8, 285 with an 80 plus inch wing span, he's surprisingly quick and uses his hands real well.

If we could get Richardson/Hunt or Floyd i'll be a very happy man.[/list]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REGenius wrote:
IMO I dont think Hawk will be starting next year anyways. Desmond Bishop is an animal and DJ Smith was very impressive last year.
Shocked
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REGenius wrote:
Everyone is comparing AJ Hawk to Jermichael Finley. IMO I dont think Hawk will be starting next year anyways. Desmond Bishop is an animal and DJ Smith was very impressive last year. If both these guys can stay healthy our LBing crew will be awesome. We do need a passrusher opposite clay tho, which Nick Perry could become a stud as well.

Question

Where was he better than Hawk last year? Or the year before? Can Smith consistently take on blockers? Where did he play better in coverage than Hawk?

If you can answer those questions, I'll admit that I'm wrong...but from what I've seen from DJ Smith so far leads me to believe he shouldn't even be on the team next year over Brad Jones and an up & coming Manning.

Sig brought to you by Justo
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:

I agree with this because 1] Finley is a FA after next season and 2] There is PLENTY of room on a roster for 2 very good TEs anyway

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

Jump to: