Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
any info on the big OT from FSU from England I think?

Can't think of his name offhand...

Watson declared? hmmm.

Couldn't think of his last name, knew his first name was Menelik (i think) Very Happy

Yeah, I remember watching him in the bowl game against NIU, the announcers were talking about him several times. Man looked like he had the physical tools and apparently is very raw.

Is he a mid-round (or 2nd-3rd round) guy at this point? Offseason workouts should help him out too, I'd imagine.

Not sure I see the need here, I mean the Pack have their project OT already in Datko and 4 other guys ready for next year. No idea where the rest of the niks will project him. For the Pack, I would maybe start thinking about him, if ever, with the 4th round comp pick should they get it. You cannot teach that size and athleticism.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be fun to throw together a positional break-down of likely targets for our 32nd overall pick this April.

I'm still onboard the Dline (or OLB), or pass-catcher at this point.

WRs - assuming Hunter and Williams are gone for sure
Allen
Hopkins
Patterson
Woods
Bailey
Rogers

TE
Eifert

OLB - assuming Jones and Moore are gone for sure
Werner
Montgomery
Mingo

Dline - assuming Lotuelei, Hankins, Richardson are gone for sure
Williams (sylvester)
Williams (jesse)
Short
Floyd
Jenkins

If I had to bet, I'd say our guy has been named somewhere in this post Very Happy

Otherwise, DB wouldn't surprise me either, especially if we part ways with Woodson if we can't restructure.
RCobb18

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Would be fun to throw together a positional break-down of likely targets for our 32nd overall pick this April.

Allen
Hopkins
Patterson
Woods
Bailey
Rogers

TE
Eifert

Werner
Montgomery
Mingo

Williams (sylvester)
Williams (jesse)
Short
Floyd
Jenkins

If I had to bet, I'd say our guy has been named somewhere in this post Very Happy

Otherwise, DB wouldn't surprise me either, especially if we part ways with Woodson if we can't restructure.

Me personally I would be happy with D line. Either Floyd or Jenkins, those two really intrigue me. Pickett's contract is over after next year, and you can never have to many D linemen in this league as we have come to see.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCobb18 wrote:

Me personally I would be happy with D line. Either Floyd or Jenkins, those two really intrigue me. Pickett's contract is over after next year, and you can never have to many D linemen in this league as we have come to see.

Not only Pickett, but Raji, Neal and Wilson too I believe.

Pretty sure there are 4 guys up after 2013.

As far as WRs go, Woods just seems like a Packer pick for a number of reasons. Just screams GB to me when I see him.

On the other hand, I think we might look for an outside guy since both Jones and Nelson have expiring contracts relatively soon too. I'm not counting out Ross either though, he showed some ability at Cal as well.

I'm intrigued by a guy like Dobson, who has the potential to be a dominant outside guy if things click for him, and we have the time to nuture his career with Jones and Nelson in house already.
British

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCobb18 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

Allen
Hopkins
Patterson
Woods
Bailey
Rogers

TE
Eifert

Werner
Montgomery
Mingo

Williams (sylvester)
Williams (jesse)
Short
Floyd
Jenkins

I get you but there comes a point when you can have too many of any position for a roster of 53.

We usually carry 6 DL. We currently have Raji, Pickett, Neal, Worthy, Daniels and Wilson. The only guy I can see on the bubble is Wilson and he's very cheap and has become a solid run stuffer. Neal has come on strong after recovering from injury and TT doesnt often cut 2nd round picks who appear to be ascending players. If Worthy and Daniels make the jump from yr 1 to yr 2 then that group could be quite formidable. I'm all for adding talent and I expect a DL pick in the draft but I don't see a huge need here.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

British wrote:
RCobb18 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

Allen
Hopkins
Patterson
Woods
Bailey
Rogers

TE
Eifert

Werner
Montgomery
Mingo

Williams (sylvester)
Williams (jesse)
Short
Floyd
Jenkins

I get you but there comes a point when you can have too many of any position for a roster of 53.

We usually carry 6 DL. We currently have Raji, Pickett, Neal, Worthy, Daniels and Wilson. The only guy I can see on the bubble is Wilson and he's very cheap and has become a solid run stuffer. Neal has come on strong after recovering from injury and TT doesnt often cut 2nd round picks who appear to be ascending players. If Worthy and Daniels make the jump from yr 1 to yr 2 then that group could be quite formidable. I'm all for adding talent and I expect a DL pick in the draft but I don't see a huge need here.

No NEED anywhere really, just NEED to think about the future and getting the best players we can. If anything I would consider this likely scenario heading into next year and address as needed:

Likely to lose:
Jennings- Cobb coming back, nice.
B. Jones- Smith and Manning to see an expanded role, nice

Might lose:
Finley- ok we need someone here if he leaves
Crabtree- Taylor is ready for his role
Woodson- McMillian and Hayward are in the wings for that role

Likely to slap tender:
Shields- and oh yeah, House is a player.

Worthy injury impact on next year? Pickett, Neal, Wilson contracts coming up- and this happens to be a decent draft for dlinemen. Yeay.

Pretty much a known that Raji and Matthews will get theirs soon, as will Rodgers.

So there is the picture heading into next year.
bkobow05

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do go with DL in the first, the only guys I want (that will be available at our pick anyways) are Sharrif Floyd or Johnathan Jenkins.

*Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!*
#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
vang_evo9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

British wrote:
RCobb18 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

Allen
Hopkins
Patterson
Woods
Bailey
Rogers

TE

Eifert

Werner
Montgomery
Mingo

Williams (sylvester)
Williams (jesse)
Short
Floyd
Jenkins

Actually we have 7 because of Miller but he hasn't seen much action yet.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this Saturday/Woodson talk of "we still got it" make me think neither of them are planning on leaving any time soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
All this Saturday/Woodson talk of "we still got it" make me think neither of them are planning on leaving any time soon.

Saturday asked to be benched because his body is caving. He's already retired.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Danish_Pack_Fan wrote:
WE NEED EDDY LACY! he is awesome

I just hope he checks out. Some off the field red that needs worked out there. Kids a poor mans Lynch though and I'm sure most of you know how I feel about Lynch in this system. Of the guys playing in the NFL right now, Lynch might just be at the head of my list for the Green Bay Packers fit. Lynch is the best runner in the game right now that also brings value to a pass heavy system. Lacy could do much of that in this system as well. Just not sure he will even be on TT's board come draft day.

You keep mentioning this, I don't follow college football very closely, what is the issue? Is it medical? Attitude? Legal?

He just had a very tough childhood and made a few bad choices along the way. I will have little issue with this(nor will most) as long as he sells the man he is today. Interview is going to be HUGE for that young man. Many that came up that way have some red in their past. What type of man is he today and what type of friends are around him.

I have seen that interview go both ways though. Most all will try selling the man they are today. But many are not willing to stop hanging with friends that might not be best for them. I feel their point. I mean walking away from childhood friends can be hell. But some times hard things need to be done in order to excel.

I'm sure many on here can remember my take on the Lions WR Young some time back. Freakin loved the kid, then I talked to him! How has that thing played out?

Lacy might be a great kid. Two sides to every story. Hope everything works out for him!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
justo wrote:

Saturday asked to be benched because his body is caving. He's already retired.
Came out today and said that Collinsworth didn't know what he was talking about. Never asked to get benched. He still wants to play football

EDIT: Didn't know about Lacey problems. Knew he was from NOLA before Katrina. Couldn't get into too much trouble in Nebraska, right? Had some grade issues but I doubt that really matters in the pros. Great player. Wish him the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard BR check for Lacy by all accounts. LIS, some things just need to be talked out before he goes on some boards. I'm not by any means saying Lacy is a bad apple or anything like that. Fact is, because of his childhood none of us know what he is just yet and that's the issue. I'm sure as hell not the type of cat that would sell "that guy" to a GM without looking a good bit deeper. That's the type of thing that will get a man at my pay scale looking for new work.

Could be a great guy. James Jones had the same issues going into the pre draft that year. Came out clean as they come.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmy, do grades or academic troubles play a factor at all? I know Star Lotulelei had some struggles as did Raji at BC. When KC took Jackson over Raji in 09 do you think that had any part of it?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Could be a great guy. James Jones had the same issues going into the pre draft that year. Came out clean as they come.
A lot of it has to do with ecology, then?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 84 of 100

Jump to: