Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustisM

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: 2013 Draft Prospects Reply with quote

It's never too early to get a quick start on the class!

I haven't looked into too many of the guys this year, but here are some of them.

Montee Ball RB Wisconsin

5'11" 210
Notes:

-Appears to have really good vision, might be due to his OL and all-ncaa FB
-Has some good small moves, but isn't going to break anyones ankles
-I haven't seen him spin or truck anybody
-If he just gained a little more strength or a little more speed I would like him a lot more as an NFL prospect
-Decent pass blocker/pass catcher
-Speed isn't bad but he's not going to outrun all 11 guys
-Once he gets an arm around him he's usually done, not much of a second effort
-Wildcat ability

Kawaan Short DE/DT Purdue

6'3" 310
Notes:

-Big bodied 3-4 DE
-Fights through blocks on the run, has multiple moves in the pass
-Over powers guards/centers one on one
-Can shed an offensive lineman pretty fast
-Generates a lot of pass rush for a guy his size inside
-A little slow
-Loses his feet when he makes tackles and jumps with arm tackles a lot too

Star Lotulelei NT/DE/DT Utah

6'4" 325
Notes:

-In my opinion he could be a NT or DE in a 3-4, got the Poe/Ngata type thing
-Wanted to go to BYU but couldn't get in because of grades,went to Snow before ending up at Utah
-Doesn't give up on plays going to the outside, still chases down to get them
-Good against double teams
-Over powers one on one
-Good pass rush for size, but has covered in a passing situation (vs Washington he actually was covering Chris Polk when he got a screen)
-Goes through OL for a tackle
-Jumps on ball, not snap (on a double count you can see almost everyone on the Utes DL jump excpet Star, unique thing I've notices about him, maybe it happens more often but I've only noticed it with him)
-Misses some tackles because he uses his body too much, absorbs tackles and bear hugs instead of tackling through the ball carrier
LawnGamesChamp

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khalil Mack- Buffalo- is going to be a nice 3-4 OLB candidate at the next level if he declares for the 2013 NFL Draft.
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you are hardcore JustisM! Guess that's why it's called football's future though....... Laughing

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a draft that I'm very excited about, because it is one of the best safety classes I have seen in a long time. This is counting on some guys coming out. I think Green Bay will find the replacement for Nick Collins in this draft and hopefully it will be Tony Jefferson. Although I can deal with anybody in my top ten.

1. Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma
2. T.J. McDonald, USC
3. Robert Lester, Alabama
4. D.J. Johnson, Texas Tech
5. Matt Elam, Florida
6. Ray Ray Armstrong, Miami (fl)
7. Eric Reid, LSU
8. Prentiss Waggner, Tennessee
9. Vaughn Telemaque, Miami (fl)
10. Kenny Vaccaro, Texas

~Mozilla on the sig~
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything I've seen suggests that this is going to be a great crop of edge rushers. Hopefully Perry works out so that's not an immediate need.

But in the not-improbable chance that Neal doesn't end up working out, I'm going to try to keep my eye on some guys who fit that prototypical "five technique" defensive end mold. Anybody I should make a point of watching come the fall?
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
Everything I've seen suggests that this is going to be a great crop of edge rushers. Hopefully Perry works out so that's not an immediate need.

But in the not-improbable chance that Neal doesn't end up working out, I'm going to try to keep my eye on some guys who fit that prototypical "five technique" defensive end mold. Anybody I should make a point of watching come the fall?

Go watch some Worthy highlights and look down the line at Gholston! Don't know if he'll come out this year(still very raw) but the kids a damn freak! 6'7 280lb JR with rare movement skills. Popped out for a bunch of us watching Worthy.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

Go watch some Worthy highlights and look down the line at Gholston! Don't know if he'll come out this year(still very raw) but the kids a damn freak! 6'7 280lb JR with rare movement skills. Popped out for a bunch of us watching Worthy.

Damn fine football player there, plays mean too. Going to be a good one.

One thing I will disagree with Justism about on Ball is his spin move. Probably one of the best spin moves I have seen with him. Better at breaking tackles and finishing runs than he he gets credit for as well. Not going to argue the speed and wiggle though, good but not great.

Agree on the edge rushers and safeties though, going to be a good crop especially if the right juniors declare. Best potential draft class in about 3 years right now IMO.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet Gholston goes top 10. Watching him play, he moves like he 240 not 280. If Copels can go at 16... I think Gholston has a better first step and is explosive enough that he can play DE in either scheme.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiFan94 wrote:
This is a draft that I'm very excited about, because it is one of the best safety classes I have seen in a long time. This is counting on some guys coming out. I think Green Bay will find the replacement for Nick Collins in this draft and hopefully it will be Tony Jefferson. Although I can deal with anybody in my top ten.

2. T.J. McDonald, USC
5. Matt Elam, Florida
7. Eric Reid, LSU
10. Kenny Vaccaro, Texas

No Bacarri Rambo? I think Rambo would be third on my list with Lester 2nd and McDonald 4th.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
msmre

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

Gholston, if he comes out, should be a top 5 guy. Just ridiculous talent and straight nasty.

Probably my favorite guy going into 2013 and he is on defense. Sad state of affairs.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msmre wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

Gholston, if he comes out, should be a top 5 guy. Just ridiculous talent and straight nasty.

Probably my favorite guy going into 2013 and he is on defense. Sad state of affairs.

Yup, looks like that one is special. A true stand out on film! That staff frickin loves him also. Everything about him works on Sunday's as well. Kids raw, but love the ones that ball right out of high school. Makes ya think they can do so again. I look for him to have a huge year in the Big10 though. That's a combo those farm boys don't see every day!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
KiwiFan94 wrote:

2. T.J. McDonald, USC
5. Matt Elam, Florida
7. Eric Reid, LSU
10. Kenny Vaccaro, Texas

No Bacarri Rambo? I think Rambo would be third on my list with Lester 2nd and McDonald 4th.

Rambo may enter the supp draft and if not he will be suspended for the year.

~Mozilla on the sig~
babybulaga

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiFan94 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
KiwiFan94 wrote:

2. T.J. McDonald, USC
5. Matt Elam, Florida
7. Eric Reid, LSU
10. Kenny Vaccaro, Texas

Rambo may enter the supp draft and if not he will be suspended for the year.

If that is the case, and I know its not Ted's Style. But picking up Rambo in the supplemental draft would be amazing in my book!!!!!!!!!!
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiFan94 wrote:

A lot of potential in this year's safety class, hopefully the players play up to and they end up declaring for the draft.
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
KiwiFan94 wrote:

A lot of potential in this year's safety class, hopefully the players play up to and they end up declaring for the draft.

While I don't think this factored at all into us not taking Harrison Smith, it is awfully convenient. Things have really worked out well for us lately. This year was an extremely deep draft for pass rushers and defensive linemen. Our biggest outstanding need, safety, should be able to be plugged with a value pick next season.

Sorry, rest of the NFL.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: