Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

As is customary - Rookie stats predictions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: As is customary - Rookie stats predictions Reply with quote

Here is last year's thread, which also has a link to the 2010 draft rookie stat predictions

So without further ado :

RB David Wilson
Rushing : 850 yards / 160 carries / 5.3 YPC / 5 TDs
Receiving : 200 yards / 15 receptions

I think Wilson will bring much needed explosion to the Giants running game. The only thing is that unless you can protect Eli, you're not going to line up in the backfield. So it may take a quarter of the season or so until Wilson finally starts seeing significant snaps.

WR Rueben Randle
650 yards / 38 receptions / 17.1 YPR / 3 TDs

Coughlin and Reese have said that Randle is NFL ready, so I think he's in line to take over Manningham's role on the outside opposite of Nicks. Why the high YPR? Safeties are going to be focusing on Cruz in the middle of the field. If Randle can win his 1-on-1 matchup, he's going to have a lot of open field. I do think Jernigan steals some of his time initially.

CB Jayron Hosley
20 tackles / 7 PD / 2 INT

Giants haven't had much luck with keeping their CBs healthy. If Hosley is healthy, he should see some time. But I think his biggest contribution will come on special teams

TE Adrian Robinson
10 receptions / 150 yards / 2 TDs

If Robinson is good at blocking, as his scouting report suggests, he should see the field at some point in the season. And once he's on the field, he could see a few passes come his way. Wild card is Travis Beckum's knee. If it heels as fast as he's claiming, he could get some playing time as well.

OL Brandon Mosley
Inactive for the entire season, just like Brewer was last year

OL Matt McCants
Practice squad

DT Markus Kuhn
Inactive for the entire season. Giants only dress 3 DTs usually.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
BassistofDoom

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the stats for David Wilson and Rueben Randle: Randle will have high YPR because he will replace Manningham as the main deep threat and as for Wilson I think the Giants will start giving him the ball and not be able to stop due to his ability. I say Hosley's stats look like Prince's from this year and Robinson doesn't catch a TD though.
Yanger

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For David Wilson I see his stats being around your's. Maybe 900 yards. When I see David Wilson I think MJD. He will probably get some good KR value.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: As is customary - Rookie stats predictions Reply with quote

HB - David Wilson
Rushing : 720 yards - 150 carries - 4.8 AVG - 4 TDs
Receiving : 120 yards - 12 receptions - 0 TDs

Same amount of carries as Jacobs got last year, more big play production and less short yardage running, resulting in a better YPC and some big plays.

WR - Rueben Randle
725 yards - 50 catches - 14.5 YPC - 5 TDs

I think he gets playing time right away and starts very soon. He will shine with all the spotlight being on Nicks and Cruz.

CB - Jayron Hosley
10 tackles - 5 PD - 3 INT

Think he'll get more burn later in the season, but if one thing we have needed to add to our corner group, was a guy that can keep up with the smaller guys like Wes Welker. I think he will do that but will also get tested and he makes plays on the ball when he does, resulting in 3 INTs.

TE - Adrian Robinson
10 receptions / 200 yards / 0 TDs

I see him playing some, and getting some big plays down the field at moments, but nothing sustained.

OL - Brandon Mosley
Active the whole season, maybe gets to be the extra guy in some extra linemen sets.

OL - Matt McCants
Inactive whole year.

DT - Markus Kuhn
Practice Squad. Signed mid-late season to our roster.

^Stone85 on the sig^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: