Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Curse
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 8229
Location: USA
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: The Curse Reply with quote

Since its a new season now and the last time I did it we won a superbowl...

When I player Tweets back to me I will post it here and then we will see how long they take to get injured

2011 Victims:
CB Terrell Thomas- Torn ACL, Missed whole Season
LB Mark Herzlich- Ankle, Missed 9 Games
TE Jake Ballard- Torn ACL in Superbowl, Going to miss most of 2012
DE Justin Tuck- Injuries everywhere; played awful; missed 4 games
OT Shawn Andrews- Back injuries forced to retire after 2011
TE Travis Beckum- Garbage, Torn ACL in Superbowl, Missing games in 2012
CB Prince Amukamara- Broken foot, Missed 10 games
DT Jimmy Kennedy- Mostly Inactive No longer on roster

2011 Survivors:
P Steve Weatherford- Had great year
LB Spencer Paysinger- Hasn't been cut yet
Giants Offical Twitter Account- Won Superbowl

2012: Its Begins
LB Spencer Paysinger: 4/11/2012
CB Michael Coe: 4/10/2012
OT James Brewer: 5/03/2012
DE Justin Tuck: 5/10/2012


Last edited by Acgott on Thu May 10, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 11855
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there goes Brewer.
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:
But why not maintain that dominance? You guys were there...

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 8229
Location: USA
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we have three players right now. Should we begin our estimates if they will be cut or injured?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bleedin_Green36


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 12722
Location: Largo, FL
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That many players have tweeted you back?!!?! Damn.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 8229
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
That many players have tweeted you back?!!?! Damn.

Just Giants players...

Going through this very quickly I think these are my

Totals:

14 NFL Reporters

1 Former NFL Head Coach

4 College Basketball players

1 Domino's Pizza

2 Actors

1 University

1 EA Sports Guy that should be fired
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bleedin_Green36


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 12722
Location: Largo, FL
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
That many players have tweeted you back?!!?! Damn.

Just Giants players...

Going through this very quickly I think these are my

Totals:

14 NFL Reporters

1 Former NFL Head Coach

4 College Basketball players

1 Domino's Pizza

2 Actors

1 University

1 EA Sports Guy that should be fired


I've had Evan Mathis, the NFCEast ESPN guy, Adam Caplan and I think that's it. Evan Mathis and Jason Kelce (Eagles LG and C) follow me so that's cool!! Smile
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 8229
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
That many players have tweeted you back?!!?! Damn.

Just Giants players...

Going through this very quickly I think these are my

Totals:

14 NFL Reporters

1 Former NFL Head Coach

4 College Basketball players

1 Domino's Pizza

2 Actors

1 University

1 EA Sports Guy that should be fired


I've had Evan Mathis, the NFCEast ESPN guy, Adam Caplan and I think that's it. Evan Mathis and Jason Kelce (Eagles LG and C) follow me so that's cool!! Smile

haha internet celebs right here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen


Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 15643
Location: Myyyyy precioussss
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two or three years ago when the Giants were playing the Cardinals I tweeted Larry Fitzgerald that there is no way the Giants were going to lose 2 or 3 in a row. I forgot how many games it was, but we dropped a few. He tweeted back "Haha, we'll see". Sure enough we lost to the Cardinals as well.

That was one of the few times I bothered tweeting a football player. Now I just tweet bikini models that ignore my advances. Anyway, it's pretty cool that social media gives fans such access and interaction with the rich and famous.
_________________


"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 8229
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Two or three years ago when the Giants were playing the Cardinals I tweeted Larry Fitzgerald that there is no way the Giants were going to lose 2 or 3 in a row. I forgot how many games it was, but we dropped a few. He tweeted back "Haha, we'll see". Sure enough we lost to the Cardinals as well.

That was one of the few times I bothered tweeting a football player. Now I just tweet bikini models that ignore my advances. Anyway, it's pretty cool that social media gives fans such access and interaction with the rich and famous.

Gmen will you ever let me follow your Twitter Account?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 11855
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Wilson just retweeted me. Good thing I'm not cursed.
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:
But why not maintain that dominance? You guys were there...

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 8229
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
David Wilson just retweeted me. Good thing I'm not cursed.

We will see... If Wilson struggles though, we have somebody to blame...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shockey1979


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 20316
Location: RI/MA
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an idea... stop tweeting Giant players and start tweeting Eagle, Cowboy, and Redskin players. Oh add in the Patriots too!
_________________

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bballbkd1001


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 3924
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osi just made a twitter account. Smile
_________________


^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rase


Joined: 23 Jan 2009
Posts: 6940
Location: Warsaw,Poland
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Here's an idea... stop tweeting Giant players and start tweeting Eagle, Cowboy, and Redskin players. Oh add in the Patriots too!


I already mentioned something like this to him and players like DeSean Jackson received tweets like : "Hey. I just got accepted to Cal. How bout a reply?" But our rivals are smarter than they look Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McNabbMcFadden


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 34204
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep tweeting please, no but really superstition is just that.
_________________
"Break the rules, but first break the rulers."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group