Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Freeman
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PolarBucc06

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Josh Freeman Reply with quote

Quote:
Buccaneers: One big question
May, 3, 2012

By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

Can Josh Freeman bounce back?

The Tampa Bay quarterback had a dismal 2011 season. He threw 22 interceptions after throwing only six in a promise-filled 2010 season.

So which season is more indicative of what Freeman is capable of doing? The new Tampa Bay coaching staff seems to think the 2010 version was the real Freeman. Ever since Greg Schiano took over as head coach, he and every assistant have been raving about Freemanís ability. I tend to agree with them, because I think Freeman has all the physical skills and intangibles.

Freeman certainly wasnít without flaw or fault last season. But I think his problems were the result of the dysfunction all around him. Former coach Raheem Morris and his staff were unraveling, and the weak supporting cast around Freeman got exposed in a big way.

Thatís why just about every move Schiano and general manager Mark Dominik have made this offseason seems aimed at making Freemanís life easier. They got him a true No. 1 receiver in Vincent Jackson. They beefed up his protection by getting Carl Nicks, who might be the best guard in the league. Then, they drafted an all-purpose running back in Doug Martin.

The parts all seem to be in place. Now, itís up to Freeman to make the most of them.

A few weeks ago I had a couple of my friends asking me what I would think and what I would want to do if Josh Freeman had another year like last year or worse. I really didn't have an answer. I really like Josh Freeman and I think that he has all the potential and make up to become an elite QB in this league. But, there is also a time when potential just isn't enough. Its about production. Now, I know he broke out a year ago with great production, but I could name a lot of quarterbacks that have had one great year and a lot of really bad years.

So, after reading this clip by Pat Yasinskas, ESPN NFC South Blogger, I wanted to ask everyone what their thoughts are. Freeman has all the toys and protection he could dream of. What if he doesn't produce?
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmao dude has a bad season like 98% of qb's dude on bad teams. Especially when ppl know if your passing or running because Blount is back there, DID U MENTION HE WAS DOWN 21POINTS AFTER A QUARTER? so does that not mean the defense knows your passing? Wr's who got zero separation and mike w not focused? A new OC every damn yr. like c'mon get off his back. How many 20+ int season did Eli have before winning 2 SB's. The kid will be fine

Ps have you seen next years crop of qb's to draft? Ugh.
PolarBucc06

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Lmao dude has a bad season like 98% of qb's dude on bad teams. Especially when ppl know if your passing or running because Blount is back there, DID U MENTION HE WAS DOWN 21POINTS AFTER A QUARTER? so does that not mean the defense knows your passing? Wr's who got zero separation and mike w not focused? A new OC every damn yr. like c'mon get off his back. How many 20+ int season did Eli have before winning 2 SB's. The kid will be fine

Dude, did you even read my post? You are always so quick to jump down peoples throats. I never even gave you what I would want to do if he didn't produce. I said that I really like Freeman. I realize all of your points on last year, the question was asking what if he does not produce with the new revamped offense. I simply wanted to know what other peoples thoughts are. I never said one thing about wanting to draft a new QB in next years draft did I? You really gotta check yourself EST before blow up on people for reasons that aren't even necessary...
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolarBucc06 wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

Dude, did you even read my post? You are always so quick to jump down peoples throats. I never even gave you what I would want to do if he didn't produce. I said that I really like Freeman. I realize all of your points on last year, the question was asking what if he does not produce with the new revamped offense. I simply wanted to know what other peoples thoughts are. I never said one thing about wanting to draft a new QB in next years draft did I? You really gotta check yourself EST before blow up on people for reasons that aren't even necessary...

That's my bad it wasn't toward you, I was thinking outloud on the original article
PolarBucc06

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
PolarBucc06 wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

That's my bad it wasn't toward you, I was thinking outloud on the original article

Ha ok, thats fine. I was gonna say, I said nothing about wanting to give up on Free. Although, after re-reading my post I could see how it could be taken that way too.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude is gonna EXPLODE this year. I mean 3500+ yards, 25ish touchdowns, and some all around good play. He's a baller and really puts in the work.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say I don't like freeman slim now like he's Vick. I like my josh big like Culpepper.no homo
mfw096

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should go back to 2010 form with a full offseason which he truly didn't get last year and which I think killed this team being so young, but with another year on his belt and learning from what he did Freeman and this team will be just fine.

If he doesn't produce this year I say we give him one more year and if that is bad well we will have to look at other options.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
I will say I don't like freeman slim now like he's Vick. I like my josh big like Culpepper.no homo

Laughing Michael Vick you say. Well Freeman wants to play at 240 and Vick plays at 210 - 215. Big difference. Freeman is much taller and much bigger and much stronger. He will probably be better cuz he will be more fit and conditioned. Also be able to move around in the pocket better and avoid sacks. He doesnt lose strength if he drops weight, he sheds the fat.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it depends what exactly do you define "doesn't produce"? If that means wins, that'll be most likely because the defense can't close out games. If you mean that we see the 2011 Freeman where he is making terrible decisions and forcing throws and we end up with a top 10 pick, then you definitely consider drafting a QB. There's no excuses this year. And I've been on his bandwagon since 2008 when he was with Kansas State as a junior. If he stinks it up, I have no problem drafting Tyler Bray, Aaron Murrary, Matt Barkley, Logan Thomas, or even Tyler Wilson.

Chances are though Freeman rebounds so this is all moot. But in the case he doesn't drafting a QB is something you have to seriously consider at this point. Freeman had a REALLY bad year, he really can't outdo his gratitude of suck this year. It'll be hard for him NOT to improve his play.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

Laughing Michael Vick you say. Well Freeman wants to play at 240 and Vick plays at 210 - 215. Big difference. Freeman is much taller and much bigger and much stronger. He will probably be better cuz he will be more fit and conditioned. Also be able to move around in the pocket better and avoid sacks. He doesnt lose strength if he drops weight, he sheds the fat.

I don't need you to stay me to death, I'm aware of the size differential. Vick was just a name I thought Statboy
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

I don't need you to stay me to death, I'm aware of the size differential. Vick was just a name I thought Statboy

You did compare him directly to Vick. Don't post these things if you don't want people to question them.

I have a lot of faith in Freeman and with the off-season, our new OC, Martin, Jackson and Nicks along with the talent I already thought we had, I think Freeman explodes. Maybe not with an insane TD-INT ratio a la 2010, but definitely a lot of production.

The team was a wreck last year, and I think a lot of the Buc players are better than that. Besides some very desperate throws, I think Freeman played well considering the circumstances. Let him move out of the pocket and run, and I think we'll see him become the QB he really is.

Last year's coaches were bad with Free IMO.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeman just seems so focused this offseason. I don't see him falling on his face again. With Nicks, Vincent Jackson and Doug Martin added to the offense, Free really has a quality supporting cast around him. Not to mention the upgrades in the coaching staff. Hopefully he no longer feels the need to make those superman-type throws when he doesn't need to.

Freeman truly is the key to everything. Freeman struggling again is a scary thought, but honestly it's not something that I have thought too much about. I don't want to think about it either Laughing

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
BucBall_76

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

This. I thought Free got a little too doughy last year. The pics of him at the vonluntary camp this year, he looks more like he did at at the combine. Hes def in better shape, more cut. Hes still a big dude, hopefully just a little more quick and agile now

"There's something to be said for guys that want to be Miami Hurricanes."- Al Golden - TBA Trust, Belief, Accountability
Django

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeman has the pieces around him to contend in the NFC South. However, the division will be brutal. Some great matchups.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: