Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Freeman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
Freeman has the pieces around him to contend in the NFC South. However, the division will be brutal. Some great matchups.

I don't think our division is all that rough right now. Good, but not the NFC North. The Saints will be without Payton and Brees still seems disgruntled, so that is most likely a blow to them. I think their defense will be better, but without Sean Payton and with all this drama I think their offense may take a step back. I mean, they could still be the #1 offense in the league or whatever, but not the juggernaut they were last year.

The Falcons IMO never really intimidate me as a Bucs fan. They have Ryan and those WRs, but their line is questionable and Turner is about to turn that corner that RBs often do where they are all of a sudden not the same back. Their defense isn't special, either. Heck, we beat them last year and we didn't even need to injure their coach to do it.

And I know everyone is all over the Panthers because of Newton - and not to take anything away from his accomplishments last season - but I'm not terrified by him passing the ball, either. Last year he came on very strong with pretty much 1500 yards in the first 4 games, and then his production came back. Still very good and especially so for a rookie, but he's not a one man wrecking crew like people act, IMO. He doesn't have many strong performances against better teams, like Freeman did in 2010, and I won't be surprised at all if he takes a step back this year like Free did in 2011. It's their running game I'm worried about, but ours should do just as much damage to their defense as their running attack does to ours.

It's the other teams that should be worried about our team, I think. In the last 2 years even with Morris at HC and injuries galore we're 1-3 against the Falcons (2 of those being very narrow losses), and 2-2 against the Saints and Panthers. Now we have an offense. Now we're addressing our defensive woes. Now we have an OC that isn't the village idiot and an HC who actually believes in practice and discipline. Our DL should be healthier and more experienced, too.

I'm not trying to say that we'll win the division, or make the playoffs, but this team does have talent and ability, and that all starts with Freeman.
bucsfan4lyf

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Freeman this year IMO is gonna ball out of control. Heck, I'll say it, WERE GONNA WIN THE DIVISION! Yea I know, we were the worst team in the division and we sucked bad last year, our last game that we won was against the Saints and I drove from Miami for that. Back to my point, out of all the teams we got significantly better with FA's and the draft, and our coaching now IMO is gonna make everyone that much better. Freeman is goin to the pro bowl and take the bucs to the playoffs! GO BUCS!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
I will say I don't like freeman slim now like he's Vick. I like my josh big like Culpepper.no homo

Laughing Michael Vick you say. Well Freeman wants to play at 240 and Vick plays at 210 - 215. Big difference. Freeman is much taller and much bigger and much stronger. He will probably be better cuz he will be more fit and conditioned. Also be able to move around in the pocket better and avoid sacks. He doesnt lose strength if he drops weight, he sheds the fat.

I don't need you to stay me to death, I'm aware of the size differential. Vick was just a name I thought Statboy

Dont be an [inappropriate/removed]. You know my comment wasnt meant in a negative way.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucBall_76 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
I will say I don't like freeman slim now like he's Vick. I like my josh big like Culpepper.no homo

Laughing Michael Vick you say. Well Freeman wants to play at 240 and Vick plays at 210 - 215. Big difference. Freeman is much taller and much bigger and much stronger. He will probably be better cuz he will be more fit and conditioned. Also be able to move around in the pocket better and avoid sacks. He doesnt lose strength if he drops weight, he sheds the fat.

This. I thought Free got a little too doughy last year. The pics of him at the vonluntary camp this year, he looks more like he did at at the combine. Hes def in better shape, more cut. Hes still a big dude, hopefully just a little more quick and agile now

Definitely. Thats what Im hoping for. I cant help but think him being too heavy last year was something that contributed to his down play. While it might not have been one of the main factors I think it was one of them. I wouldnt be surprised to be calling a 6'6 240 lb QB light on on his feet because I think he will seem that way this year.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
BucsGetGaines

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect big thing from Freeman this year. With Vjax, Mike Williams, Benn, K2, and a good line and run game. I'm thinking this happens.

4,100 yds 27 tds 11 ints

11-5 record and takes us to the divisional round where we end up losing to lets say the Lions! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucsGetGaines wrote:
I expect big thing from Freeman this year. With Vjax, Mike Williams, Benn, K2, and a good line and run game. I'm thinking this happens.

4,100 yds 27 tds 11 ints

11-5 record and takes us to the divisional round where we end up losing to lets say the Lions! Very Happy

I dreamt before the draft that we made the playoffs and won a game.

... I had spent a lot of time on FF.
BucsGetGaines

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
BucsGetGaines wrote:

4,100 yds 27 tds 11 ints

I dreamt before the draft that we made the playoffs and won a game.

... I had spent a lot of time on FF.

It could happen lol just think if we win 2 playoff games Shocked

Its a worst to 1st year in the South right.. i think so Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'll be fine. If he has another questionable year, though, Schiano might not be willing to give him another year. I'd want to, but I could understand him wanting to get his own guy in here.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
eyyee

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

epicMustache wrote:
I think he'll be fine. If he has another questionable year, though, Schiano might not be willing to give him another year. I'd want to, but I could understand him wanting to get his own guy in here.

I think it would depend on where we were drafting and how the team overall fared. If Freeman is just as bad or worse than he was last year and we are picking top 10 I could see a replacement being drafted if a good prospect is available. But if he just has a mediocre year and we finish something like 7-9, I doubt Schiano would give up on him.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The circumstances Freeman had last year were almost certainly going to set up most, and I mean a high percentage, of QBs in the NFL.

Let's see? Lock out with the youngest squad in the NFL? A coaching staff that ended losing there jobs because they didn't know how to run an NFL football team? PRedictability on offense and playcalling? WRs who couldn't get open?

Mayock and Brian Billick both hit it on the head with Freeman. They said "most of the time" (aka almost all the time) WRs couldn't seperate from the DBs and then they dropped the ball. Poor hands hurt this offense, especially since a good # of his INTs resulted in balls going through the WRs hands.

This year will tell alot, but last year, the situation for him wasn't very good.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the year we should start seeing all this potential we keep reading/hearing about. There are no excuses this year. If we don't, I'm not opposed to cutting some guys. Freeman won't succeed if the guys around him don't show up again this year.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
5nick5

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucsGetGaines wrote:

4,100 yds 27 tds 11 ints

You read my mind. That's pretty much exactly what I was going to post.

I think Free will have it down with a full offseason and a good coaching staff. It'll be too hard for him not to succeed with all the new toys he has around him for this year.

I know all of our holes aren't filled, but no team in the NFL is perfect. There'll always be holes. This year is the perfect opportunity to take the division for us or the Panthers. The Saints are imploding and the Falcons are very overrated. They've got a great receiving core and a pretty good secondary, but nothing else about them scares me. They're very beatable. The Panthers could win the division, but they aren't a team that's going to fly under the radar. They're the sub-.500 that everyone's paying attention to and teams won't take them lightly. They'll still make a run though. So we'll see, but I think we ultimately win the division.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Win the division?

This is the type of hype people build that makes them rage when we lose a game or when something bad happens. This team has potential and there is reason to be excited, but let's not set this standard given where we were a year ago.

We have no idea what we have with most of our team given their youth, no idea what will happen with how the coaches turn out, Freeman is unfortunately still a question mark, the schedule could be very tough, and no idea if the free agents will work out for us.

The Saints are still the Saints, and taking a step back for them still leaves them being a great team, although I'm not very impressed with the Panthers or Falcons.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
^ Win the division?

This is the type of hype people build that makes them rage when we lose a game or when something bad happens. This team has potential and there is reason to be excited, but let's not set this standard given where we were a year ago.

We have no idea what we have with most of our team given their youth, no idea what will happen with how the coaches turn out, Freeman is unfortunately still a question mark, the schedule could be very tough, and no idea if the free agents will work out for us.

The Saints are still the Saints, and taking a step back for them still leaves them being a great team, although I'm not very impressed with the Panthers or Falcons.

Well take my prediction with a grain of salt. I'm not a fortune teller, I'm just saying now is the time to take the division with the Saints in disarray. And I'd much rather be wrong about winning than right about losing.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
KGBauer

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rome was not built in day is a quote that comes to mind when I think about this team. Expectations need to be met this season and I'm not letting myself get too crazy. I feel like a good goal for this season is to be .500 or better and to compete in every game. We have a rookie coach right and plenty of new faces. There are plenty of precedents where a mass signing of FA's and other new players didn't fair so well(Philly's 'Dream Team').

I'm keeping a level mind with my expectations, but it is extremely hard to ignore the amazing potential they have this season. Saints are a wounded team and I would be impressed if they won 10 games this season. Falcons might be the most over rated team in the NFL as they do not WOW you in any phase of the game. Then there's the Panthers, this season's most popular 'Sleeper' pick. Only questions are in Cam Newton's performance this year, will he slip or pickup where he left off? And how will they do with a target on their backs? Things seem to be tipping in the NFC South back to the way of the early 2000's with the Bucs and Panthers leading the way. Now I wonder, say we win the division, what do we expect from our Bucs in the playoffs? Are we just happy to be there or do we mean business? That is all for Josh Freeman to decide, as he holds our key this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: