Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RollEagles is the New Eagles President (Mock)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RollEagles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: RollEagles is the New Eagles President (Mock) Reply with quote

In this scenario, Lurie gets really fed up and calls up his good friend RollEagles and asks him to come take care of things.

The Eagles just came off a 5-11 season and end up with the 5th overall pick.

RollEagles fires everyone. He then proceeds to hire the following coaching staff:

Head Coach: Bill Cowher

After 5 years away from the game, Cowher decides to coach again. Proven winner who played for the Eagles in 1979. He gets a lot of money from Lurie to come coach the team.

Defensive Coordinator: Rex Ryan

After the Jets disappoint again, Rex finds a hard time getting a head coaching job. He decides to come to Philadelphia where his dad was once the head coach. Bill Cowher and RollEagles convince him to come coach the defense. Also, RollEagles convinces Lurie to give him enough money to convince him.

All defensive positional coaches come over with Rex from the Jets.

LB Coach: Bob Sutton, LB coach for the Jets '09-'11
DL Coach: Mike Pettine, DC for Jets '09-'11
DB Coach: Dennis Thurman, DB coach for the Jets '09-'11

Offensive Coordinator: Norv Turner

The Chargers were a disaster in 2012 and that led to the firing of Norv Turner. He is looking for a fresh start with a new regime. Bill Cowher and RollEagles convince him to take over the offense in Philadelphia with the prospect of developing a young QB with arguably the most talented RB in the world.

All offensive positional coaches come over with Norv from the Chargers.

OL Coach: Hal Hunter, OC for Chargers in '12, OL coach for Chargers '06-'12
QB Coach: John Ramsdell
RB Coach: Ollie Wilson
WR Coach: Charlie Joyner
TE Coach: Jason Michael

Special Teams Coordinator: Thomas McGaughey

Currently the special teams coach for the LSU Tigers. They have had a very dangerous return game for the past few seasons and have rarely let up a large return. Has experience working in the NFL when he worked as Special Teams Coordinator with the Giants from '07-'10.

Strength and Conditioning Coach: Scott Cochran

RollEagles hated poaching from Nick Saban's staff at Alabama but Cowher insisted on hiring Cochran. He is by far the most intense Strength Coach in college football. The best at what he does. Don't believe me? Here is some proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwpuRp0cOxQ

Re-Signings / Pay Cuts

Jon Dorenbos (4 years, 3.1 million dollars)
The long snapper that could never be replaced.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (5 years, 40 million dollars)
Struggles a little bit in the second half of the season with the Eagles which doesn't net him the huge contract. He wants to come back because he wants a chance to play in Philadelphia for a legitimate defensive coordinator.

King Dunlap (2 years, 1.8 million dollars)
Yeah he hasn't been great but he is brought back to be cheap depth. Has experience starting which is very important.

Nnamdi Asomugha (Pay cut)
Nnamdi realizes that he has lost a step athletically. He still has good technique and wants to play for a real defensive coordinator in Rex Ryan. Agrees to take less to be a part of something special.

Jason Peters (Pay cut)
He worked hard to rehab and come back. He realizes that in order to prevent getting cut all together, he needs to take a pay cut. He wants to stay in Philadelphia and play in a balanced offense.

Cut / Not Re-Signed

Michael Vick
Trent Edwards
Chris Polk
Jason Avant
Clay Harbor
Demetress Bell
Dallas Reynolds
Matt Tennant
Darryl Tapp
Derek Landri
Akeem Jordan
David Simms
Brandon Hughes

Free Agent Signings

Branden Albert (7 years, 80 million dollars, 40 million guaranteed)

Typical to Cowher and RollEagles, the team decides to spend the money on a franchise left tackle. The offensive line is of extreme importance to the coaching staff and RollEagles. No need to defend Albert. This guy can play and will be a staple of this offensive line for years to come.

Terrance Knighton (3 years, 14 million dollars, 8 million guaranteed)

The coaching staff realizes that this team doesn't stand a chance without a true nose tackle. Rex Ryan gets his proven anchor for the time being. Knighton is pretty good against the run.

Wes Welker (3 years, 20.5 million dollars, 18 million guaranteed)

During offseason meetings, Rex Ryan speaks to the rest of the coaching staff and RollEagles about Welker. He essentially begs for us to sign Welker because he had to play against him for two seasons. Norv Turner brings up how he would really help the young QB that the front office is targeting in the draft.

Dustin Keller (3 years, 10 million dollars)

The front office decides to emulate the Patriots model of success using great tight ends in the offense. Norv Turner is eager to have a balanced attack but yet also feature dangerous weapons in the passing game. Keller comes to the Eagles to be reunited with Rex Ryan.

LaRon Landry (2 years, 4 million dollars)

Bill Cowher and Rex Ryan sit down to evaluate defensive players from the 2012 season. After two minutes of watching Kurt Coleman tape, they both march up to RollEagles' fancy office and demand that a safety be signed. Rex suggests LaRon Landry since he coached him the previous season with the Jets.

Drew Stanton (2 years, 2.3 million dollars)

Career back-up brought in to do just that. Veteran who has been around the league and has experience.

Trades

The Eagles trade Jason Babin to the St. Louis Rams for a 5th round pick.

The Eagles have the 5 pick in each round in addition to the pick acquired via the Babin trade giving RollEagles, Bill Cowher, and the rest of the coaching staff plenty to work with.

Round 1, Pick 5: Matt Barkley

This is the guy that the offseason was built around. Teams picking ahead of the Eagles in the draft do not have a need at quarterback besides the team that picks Geno Smith first overall.

The last time Cowher had a rookie QB, his QB's last name was Roethlisberger and that guy had a 13-0 regular season record his rookie season. Norv Turner reiterates his confidence is developing Barkley for the next few years. Rex Ryan jokes that he struck out drafting a USC quarterback. RollEagles laughs it off because this guy is much better.

He has weapons. DeSean Jackson, Wes Welker, Brent Celek, Dustin Keller, and LeSean McCoy.

Round 2, Pick 5: Jesse Williams

He is a 6'4", 320 pound Australian. A great nose tackle that Rex Ryan and the rest of the defensive staff obsessed with. Rex said that since we used the first pick for the offense, we should use the next one for the defense.

Jesse Williams is a big run stuffer who gets a lot of penetration and makes big plays. He comes from a program full of well coached players. This is the Mt. Cody for this defense's future.

Round 3, Pick 5: Khaled Holmes

The coaching staff loves Holmes. He is a great center and with Kelce being questionable due to his severe knee injury, the front office decided to bring in one of better centers in the draft.

An added plus is that Barkley and Holmes have worked together for a long time at USC. Holmes comes in and steals the job from Kelce and starts from day one.

Round 4, Pick 5: Seantrel Henderson

An immediate backup tackle on both the left and right sides. The future at right tackle after Jason Peters steps out or if he isn't the same.

Round 5, Pick 5: Nico Johnson

This guy can flat out rush the passer. He knows how to get in the backfield. He is a dynamic player that will be a great tool for Rex Ryan to use. He comes from a school that just makes great linebackers now. RollEagles just loves those Alabama players.

Round 5, Pick from Rams: Brandon McGee

Has the physical tools to be great. Needs the coaching to improve his technique. He needs to be more consistent.

Round 6, Pick 5: Brad Wing

This guy can punt. He was a real game changer last season. Unfortunately he hasn't had as great of a season this year. Doesn't change the fact that he has a ton of talent punting the football.

Round 7, Pick 5: Chad Bumphis

The leading receiver for Mississippi State this season. He is also a good punt returner. He is a pretty big playmaker without a good quarterback. High upside pick.

Depth Chart

Rookies in Red. Free Agents in Green.

QB: Matt Barkley, Nick Foles, Drew Stanton
RB: LeSean McCoy, Dion Lewis, Bryce Brown
WR: DeSean Jackson, Damarius Johnson
WR: Jeremy Maclin, Riley Cooper
WR: Wes Welker, Chad Bumphis
TE: Brent Celek, Dustin Keller
LT: Branden Albert, King Dunlap, Dennis Kelly
LG: Evan Mathis, Danny Watkins
C: Khaled Holmes, Jason Kelce
RG: Todd Herremans, Danny Watkins
RT: Jason Peters, Seantrel Henderson

DE: Fletcher Cox, Mike Patterson
NT: Terrance Knighton, Jesse Williams
DE: Cullen Jenkins, Cedric Thornton
OLB: Brandon Graham, Vinny Curry
ILB: Mychal Kendricks, Casey Matthews
ILB: DeMeco Ryans, Nico Johnson
OLB: Trent Cole, Phillip Hunt
CB: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Brandon McGee
CB: Nnmadi Asomugha, Curtis Marsh
CB: Brandon Boykin, Brandon McGee
S: LaRon Landry, Kurt Coleman
S: Nate Allen, Colt Anderson

K: Alex Henery
P: Brad Wing

Lots of free agent signings but I expect there to be that many if there is a new regime coming in. This team represents a transition year team that might actually have some success. This is about creating a system that might actually work. Getting a good pocket passer in Barkley and surrounding him with plenty of offensive weapons (Jackson, Maclin, Welker, McCoy, Keller, Celek).

This is also about setting up a dominant defense in the future with Rex Ryan in total control of building his defense much like Jim Johnson.

Last edited by RollEagles on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:24 am; edited 2 times in total
RollEagles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's not realistic so don't murder me on that. This is just what I would do if I had any control at all. I tried to make it a little different than what has already been posted. I hope you all enjoy it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't that bad really, and I'd personally love it kinda.. but Rex Ryan/Wes Welker on the same team, idk about that Laughing
eaglefan#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people want to switch to the 3-4 Defense?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marky_b27

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually a really nice draft, well done.

It has it's fair share of antipodeans, which is important as it seems we've lost our mojo since we cut Sav Rocca

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would Cowher coach the state rival? Would Ryan take a job for Cowher?

The FA as you said isn't realistic, which kind of ruins the thing, because then it have no chance of happening.

Harbor & Jordan are solid, not a huge fan of those cuts/let go. And Hughes is a solid 5th CB/ST'er, don't let the Lions game cloud that.

Most of the FA/Draft I like.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
nlesthought

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from throwing money @ an older small WR and the switch to the 34 I like it.

Also I would like to see some more versatility in our depth (defensively/ST)...the switch to a 34 looks more like a 5-2 instead of a 34 IMO...I don't trust none of those OLB in coverage. If I'm playing vs this team we keep you guys in nickel packages all day because it looks just like this this yr's nickel with a few changes.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
sunnygsm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Laron Landry....so no.

^Kempes
AlexM23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually mocks were we go to a 3-4 end badly but the front 7 isn't too bad here, in fact it's pretty good. My only concern is Cole and BG starting and don't want either of them in coverage, bleh.

Drafting two Australians doesn't hurt either.

Kiltman on the sig
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my honest opinion, Bill Cowher is an overrated coach. The guy had a mediocre Steelers team for over a decade and finally got lucky when Tommy Maddox got hurt and they just so happened to have a rookie who was better than Maddox.

When your replacement wins another Super Bowl relatively quickly it also shows it wasn't really Cowher.

Also, how much can Cowher adapt? The NFL is quickly changing and I'm not sure his 'old' formula will work, and will he be willing to change it? I would like a fresh, young mind.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm indifferent on Cowher...

I liked some thing about his teams but he's been away for awhile. I don't know if these new school guys will buy-in to an old school approach. It may take a complete overhaul...

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkley as an Eagle would make me smile.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Barkley as an Eagle would make me smile.

I bet it would.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yucky draft
willy_law

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure how any of our DE's would work as a 34 backer. Hate Matt Barkley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: