Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meco

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
I question Jake's ability to play LT at the next level, mainly due to his feet. I think he's a terrific RT, and OG prospect, but not sure how I feel about him as a LT prospect. I've seen plenty of he and Joeckel and I think Joeckel is by far the better LT prospect.

I also think that it's possible they could both stay, that Johnny Manziel is a stud and they could be eager to make some noice down south.

Yep. So much this.
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:
Moss at this point isn't the Moss of old, and Crabtree isn't that good and never has been. Davis is an elite tight end. Outside of Bowe there is no one really noteworthy that Cassel is throwing to. Also Brees is on another level of a QB than the other 2, but you'de be kidding yourself to imply having bigger targets doesn't help. Is it possible to have a prolific passing attack with smaller receivers? sure, the Manning Colts, and the Warner Rams proved that, but having big physical wideouts also help, hell, having 2 big physical wideouts got the Cardinals with Warner to the superbowl with no running game to speak of.

I'm not disagreeing with any of this, but the whole "big WR" is overblown here. Obviously it'd be nice to have someone like Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson, but the WRs we currently have get WAY to much hate on this website, and I'm someone who's extremely critical of Maclin. If we had a quarterback who could deliver the ball like Drew Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Brady, even Rivers we wouldn't even be talking[all the time] about how badly we need a big WR.

What we're really missing is a elite tight end who can create mismatches on safety and draw attention from everyone on the field[yes, I love Brent Celek, but let's be real here], and a QB who can deliver the ball with pinpoint accuracy.

Agree with all of this excep the celek part.
Meco

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Receivers are one of the least important parts of a team, they're hood ornaments that you add onto an already good team. WR play has such a limited effect on wins and team building, they're the last piece I would add to any championship puzzle.
oland11

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Receivers are one of the least important parts of a team, they're hood ornaments that you add onto an already good team. WR play has such a limited effect on wins and team building, they're the last piece I would add to any championship puzzle.

It was the last piece we needed in 04. Except we didn't actually win the game. But to be fair TO had his leg broken and came back just for that game.
willy_law

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:

you say that but you don't win a Super Bowl with out help from your WR's. Look at the niners whose offense literally was Vernon Davis.

TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.

2014 Draft Wish list - D.Coleman, T.Murphy, J. Verrett, L. Joyner
oland11

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
Meco wrote:

you say that but you don't win a Super Bowl with out help from your WR's. Look at the niners whose offense literally was Vernon Davis.

I think we all can agree when the 49ers drafted Crabtree, they set the bar a bit too high. He hasn't really been able to reach that bar yet.
Meco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
Meco wrote:

You don't win superbowls when building around wide receivers. You don't. It's like building a house, you build the foundation, get your appliances and furniture and then you get your furniture (which in this case, are wide receivers).

Look at the Lions, those receivers all crapped out without the surrounding supporting pieces, Calvin Johnson couldn't win them anything before Stafford stepped up. The Cardinals haven't won **** since Warner left and they've got Larry Fitzgerald. What did the Texans win with Andre Johnson?

And hell, you gave me a perfect example of this theory: The 2011 San Francisco 49ers. Who did the 49ers have at WR? A bunch of mediocrity and Michael Crabtree. But how many games did they win? 13 and they were two muffed punts away from the superbowl.
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the Georgia game last week and I now am officially on the Alec Ogletree bandwagon. Would be awesome on the weak side IMO.

Too bad we got bigger needs.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
willy_law wrote:
Meco wrote:

You don't win superbowls when building around wide receivers. You don't. It's like building a house, you build the foundation, get your appliances and furniture and then you get your furniture (which in this case, are wide receivers).

Look at the Lions, those receivers all crapped out without the surrounding supporting pieces, Calvin Johnson couldn't win them anything before Stafford stepped up. The Cardinals haven't won **** since Warner left and they've got Larry Fitzgerald. What did the Texans win with Andre Johnson?

And hell, you gave me a perfect example of this theory: The 2011 San Francisco 49ers. Who did the 49ers have at WR? A bunch of mediocrity and Michael Crabtree. But how many games did they win? 13 and they were two muffed punts away from the superbowl.

that is exactly what i am saying, i am saying you dont win WITHOUT help from your WR's. They were two muffed punts away from a super bowl. Guess who muffed them a back up WR. if Ginn was healthy they are in the super bowl. I am saying WRs can be one of the last pieces but if they aren't up to par then you wont win.

Alex Smith was quoted after the game "Offensively we weren't good enough today. We didn't get it done" thus why WR play is key. You don't win a Superbowl with out good WR play. I never said you need a star, I said you need good play.

TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.

2014 Draft Wish list - D.Coleman, T.Murphy, J. Verrett, L. Joyner
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
I was at the Georgia game last week and I now am officially on the Alec Ogletree bandwagon. Would be awesome on the weak side IMO.

Woudn't mind another OLB in FA/draft. Daryl Smith is FA from Jags. I would love to add him to our LB'er core, I like Ryans and Kendricks, but if one of them goes down Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:

Woudn't mind another OLB in FA/draft. Daryl Smith is FA from Jags. I would love to add him to our LB'er core, I like Ryans and Kendricks, but if one of them goes down Crying or Very sad

If one of them ones down I'm confident I our backups. But someone like Daryl Smith who gets tons of tackles each year as an OLB is someone I wouldn't mind. But when Ryans retires or leaves, it's C.Matthews for starting. He WILL perform next time he is given a chance.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I like Ryans and Kendricks, but if one of them goes down

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

C.Matthews for Prez. Tom Nelson is his campaign manager, jamar Chaney is his VP.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

Down under and says hey to Alex. Phhh saved.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

Down under and says hey to Alex. Phhh saved.

Ey?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 51 of 99

Jump to: