Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Do you see any similarities to Dashon Goldson in TJ McDonald? I haven't seen much of TJ, don't see much USC on the east coast, but when I have watched them I always think the kid reminds me of Goldson for some reason.

Their build and physical stature are similar, although TJ seems a tad bit taller and might have longer arms ( Dancing ). TJ's physicality on hits does replicate Goldson's, but I think TJ is a better athlete TBH. Pretty solid comparison, sure.

A rich mans goldson? I'll take that.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While this isn't draft per say, there are some interesting free agent LTs this year:

Arrow Jake Long
Arrow Ryan Clady
Arrow Seb Vollmer
Arrow Brandon Albert

If Peters doesn't come back to full health, we could chase any of them, which would be a huge upgrade over the King Mattress

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For all intents and purposes Graham is a tight end in name only and is more WR than tight end. Also he had Robert Meachem last year who adds another 6-2 target.

The success of Drew Brees has more to do with his pinpoint accuracy, as opposed to the height of his targets. Alex Smith has massive targets[Moss, Crabtree, Davis], and Matt Cassel also has big targets and neither of them are elite, or even borderline elite[like Brees]. It's more about the quarterback then it is about the size of the targets, IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
While this isn't draft per say, there are some interesting free agent LTs this year:

Arrow Jake Long
Arrow Ryan Clady
Arrow Seb Vollmer
Arrow Brandon Albert

If Peters doesn't come back to full health, we could chase any of them, which would be a huge upgrade over the King Mattress

I would take any of them

Nick Foles supporter since 2012
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Arrow Jake Long
Arrow Ryan Clady
Arrow Seb Vollmer
Arrow Brandon Albert

I would take any of them

Sadly I think all of those are getting resigned.

And beside Albert, they have all had some injures.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:
For all intents and purposes Graham is a tight end in name only and is more WR than tight end. Also he had Robert Meachem last year who adds another 6-2 target.

The success of Drew Brees has more to do with his pinpoint accuracy, as opposed to the height of his targets. Alex Smith has massive targets[Moss, Crabtree, Davis], and Matt Cassel also has big targets and neither of them are elite, or even borderline elite[like Brees]. It's more about the quarterback then it is about the size of the targets, IMO.

Moss at this point isn't the Moss of old, and Crabtree isn't that good and never has been. Davis is an elite tight end. Outside of Bowe there is no one really noteworthy that Cassel is throwing to. Also Brees is on another level of a QB than the other 2, but you'de be kidding yourself to imply having bigger targets doesn't help. Is it possible to have a prolific passing attack with smaller receivers? sure, the Manning Colts, and the Warner Rams proved that, but having big physical wideouts also help, hell, having 2 big physical wideouts got the Cardinals with Warner to the superbowl with no running game to speak of.

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cards run game got going in the playoff.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stafford and Culpepper are living proof that a dominant big target can make a QB highly effective. Eli was in that same category until he had to do without it.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:

Arrow Jake Long
Arrow Ryan Clady
Arrow Seb Vollmer
Arrow Brandon Albert

Long is going to get tagged, a young QB losing his LT is a recipie for faliure. The Dolphins have a crap load of cap space too. Sean Smith is also an option for the tag, but it may be easier to re-sign him than Long, although in the long run they should get both done.

Clady is getting re-signed or tagged as well. Peyton Manning is coming off neck surgery and the Broncos will keep his blindside protector, especially with no one else worth the tag.

Vollmer is another guy likely to get the tag. Welker will either get re-signed or go elsewhere, I doubt they tag him again. As far as Chung goes, its already been reported they aren't going to tag him IIRC.

Brandon Albert will also get tagged. I think the Cheifs will let Bowe walk and take their chances trying to find a WR than a new LT. They are a running team with an elite run blocking line.

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gimme Bowe.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Moss at this point isn't the Moss of old, and Crabtree isn't that good and never has been. Davis is an elite tight end. Outside of Bowe there is no one really noteworthy that Cassel is throwing to. Also Brees is on another level of a QB than the other 2, but you'de be kidding yourself to imply having bigger targets doesn't help. Is it possible to have a prolific passing attack with smaller receivers? sure, the Manning Colts, and the Warner Rams proved that, but having big physical wideouts also help, hell, having 2 big physical wideouts got the Cardinals with Warner to the superbowl with no running game to speak of.

I'm not disagreeing with any of this, but the whole "big WR" is overblown here. Obviously it'd be nice to have someone like Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson, but the WRs we currently have get WAY to much hate on this website, and I'm someone who's extremely critical of Maclin. If we had a quarterback who could deliver the ball like Drew Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Brady, even Rivers we wouldn't even be talking[all the time] about how badly we need a big WR.

What we're really missing is a elite tight end who can create mismatches on safety and draw attention from everyone on the field[yes, I love Brent Celek, but let's be real here], and a QB who can deliver the ball with pinpoint accuracy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Gimme Bowe.

bowe
jackson
maclin
avant
cooper
d johnson

Sick line
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Maclin and Cooper would be on last years. Avant, Damaris & Jackson could all be cut with little to no cap hit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#JakeMatthewsorBust

Hes got a baby face like Danny Watkins

He doesn't have that fat overhang like Ian's Alice does.

He plays like Bruce. Whats there not to like about him!?!?
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I question Jake's ability to play LT at the next level, mainly due to his feet. I think he's a terrific RT, and OG prospect, but not sure how I feel about him as a LT prospect. I've seen plenty of he and Joeckel and I think Joeckel is by far the better LT prospect.

I also think that it's possible they could both stay, that Johnny Manziel is a stud and they could be eager to make some noice down south.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 50 of 99

Jump to: