Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oland11

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the status on that RB from TAMU? Silas Gray or something like that? he was a bigger back. Not sure if he was drafted/UDFA last draft or if he stayed at school?

EDIT: Dude's name is Cyrus Gray.
gator3guy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Whats the status on that RB from TAMU? Silas Gray or something like that? he was a bigger back. Not sure if he was drafted/UDFA last draft or if he stayed at school?

He's with the Chiefs.

My man Matt Elam had a game today. He's the kind of safety this team needs. Can cover TEs too.

Oh and take a look at who he reminded Rivals of...
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Matt-Elam-88854
beachside_eagle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
beachside_eagle wrote:
Watching Texas vs WVU... Any prospects to look out for?

I've heard you guys mention Geno Smith but I'm not seeing it. Doesnt seem to have zip on his passes.

The Texas RB seems ok. Finds holes but hasn't made any outstanding plays.

o.O Geno Smith doesn't have the zip?… I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion but… Wow.

Tavon Austin, Stedman Bailey, Alex Okafor, Jackson Jeffcoat, Kenny Vaccaro and Carrington Byndom are others you want to look for.

Austin and Okafor have stood out. Okafor feels like the best layer on the field.
Meco

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:

His name is Christine Michael.
oland11

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
oland11 wrote:

His name is Christine Michael.

I meant Cyrus Gray. I didn't really know if he was drafted or stayed at TAMU.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayAp07 wrote:
My safety rankings: McDonald, Reid, Elam.

Hope we go S, OL or OL, S in the first 2 rounds.

1. McDonald
2. K. Holmes

no bias.

Matt Elam is better then McDonald, but I think Reid is still the number one safety prospect in the nation.
Meco

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brennan Williams OT North Carolina

I'm not sure how I feel about Williams, he's a confusing guy to watch. He's got the ideal frame for an NFL OT. He's got the height (6'7"). He's got the long arms. He's got the bulk at a listed 315 pounds (but he looks heavier). He's got the bloodlines, his dad played in the NFL for years as a defensive lineman and his brother plays football for Ohio State. He's a pretty athletic guy and he flashes the ability to absolutely dominate people physically.

But on the other hand, he clearly lacks the killer instinct on the field. He doesn't lock onto blocks the way someone of his talent should. Too often you see guys falling off his blocks in the run game. There is just something off about him when you watch him. He just looks content to have his hands on a guy instead of trying to drive block him into the turf. Does he have balance issues? Appears to have hand placement issues in the run game but that might just be laziness. He almost looks confused out there.

And specifically for us, Williams definitely appears to have great athleticism to get to the second level in the run game but actually hitting a block at the second level appears to be a huge challenge for him. What good is getting to the second level if you can't land a block?

And he's a weird, weird dude.

Quote:
Williams tries to separate himself, not just as a player, but also as a person. Whether it’s his dreadlocks with blonde tips, his skull earrings, his ripped jeans or his stature – checking in at 6-foot-7 and 325 pounds – the junior sticks out. He’s different.

Quote:
“His personality is funny,” Wilson said. “He’s not like the average lineman you would see. The things that he does, the things that he wears, the way he looks is just funny.”

Quote:
“He has a painting in his room from his girlfriend’s mom,” tight end Nelson Hurst said. “It’s a bear with a sword fighting a dragon that’s spitting fire on him, so it’s one of those things that my friendship with Brennan is I’m not surprised by anything that he does. He will do anything, and I’m just to the point where I’m just like, ‘That’s Brennan.’”

But Williams’s interest in art exceeds paintings on his wall. While in high school he received state recognition for his artwork.

“Mine was a digital piece,” Williams said. “It’s called, ‘Rawr.’ It actually won a silver key. It was in the newspaper, and it was in the art gallery. It was pretty cool. It felt legit. I felt like I needed to put on a turtle neck, and go out there.”

His interest in everything Japanese is just as strong as his love for art. It started as a kid when his dad came back from a trip to Japan and brought him a video game, which got him into martial arts. Williams took tae-kwon-do as a kid, and has just started taking it again at a studio in Carrboro, N.C.

The Massachusetts native feels badly for the people of Japan after seeing the devastation the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear crisis left. He says it’s tough to see that, but that has not changed his mind from wanting to go there one day and wrestle.

His primary goal is to play in the NFL, but if that does not work out, he hopes to be a professional wrestler in Japan.

He dyes his dreads different colors. He's really into art. He lists his greatest passion as bass guitar. If the NFL doesn't work out he wants to be a pro-wrestler in Japan. He's really into Japan. He made a piece of digital art in high school that he named "rawr". He has a painting in his room of a "bear with a sword fighting a dragon that’s spitting fire on him" that was made by his girlfriends mother. Dude is strange, not your atypical football guy.

And you have to put an asterisk over anyone coming out of that North Carolina program. It is widely accepted that players coming out of UNC are "soft'. I was reading a poll of NFL personalities (coaches/GMs/scouts, etc.) that said North Carolina prospects were the most entitled group of players in the nation.

Brennan Williams could probably be as good as he wants to be but that's the big question, does he want it? But regardless of future concerns, he's probably right up there with Jake Matthews as the best RT in college football.
oland11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude has red tips in his dreads. Hes cool in my book. And of course if he doesn't have that killer mentality the Eagles will def take a look at him Laughing look at baby faced Watkins.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind us looking at Terrance Williams of Baylor in the 2nd round (or very late first). He's at least 6-2 and he's got rapid straight line speed, so would fit into what Andy likes doing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we already have weirdo O-linemen
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Wouldn't mind us looking at Terrance Williams of Baylor in the 2nd round (or very late first). He's at least 6-2 and he's got rapid straight line speed, so would fit into what Andy likes doing.

I see Williams as a top 15/20 pick. I have him ranked as my number three wide receiver right now.
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should be on the lookout for a DT aswell. Preferably in the third round range

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 40 Sacks: 3 FF: 1 Interceptions: 0
oland11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
We should be on the lookout for a DT aswell. Preferably in the third round range

We're going to have to replace fatpat and Cullen soon. Because they're getting up there in age. If Kawann Short has a horrible season of epic proportions and falls to us in the 3rd pull the trigger. Dudes got mad potential.

We have Cox and Thorton with Landri who has a few more decent years left(2-4 imo) We should look for Fat Pat's replacement. He should retire for the safety of himself.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

We're going to have to replace fatpat and Cullen soon. Because they're getting up there in age. If Kawann Short has a horrible season of epic proportions and falls to us in the 3rd pull the trigger. Dudes got mad potential.

We have Cox and Thorton with Landri who has a few more decent years left(2-4 imo) We should look for Fat Pat's replacement. He should retire for the safety of himself.

There's no way Short falls to the third round, he could have a Fletcher Cox like climb into the top 15 come combine time.
oland11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
oland11 wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

There's no way Short falls to the third round, he could have a Fletcher Cox like climb into the top 15 come combine time.

I know. But we can always dream can't we? But yea. If there is a DT at BPA during the third, pull the trigger.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 61 of 99

Jump to: