Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
One thing to note is Bowles likes his safeties (and cornerbacks) tall. Anyone under 6 foot need not apply.

*ahem* Brandon Boykin?

Well a nickel cb is an anomaly, you don't want them being over 6 foot as then they generally don't have the COD skills to keep up with the Welkers and Amendolas of the world.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:
Meco wrote:
If you're looking for a LT prospect, Justin Pugh is playing against Pitt right now. Top 64 pick right now. Good player.

I'd much rather draft a guy like that in the second round than any OL in the first. We need a developmental guy/swing tackle, not a starter.

Come again? Unless you're counting on Peters returning to full fitness.

And one thing we've learned from Shawn Andrews is always have a contingency plan

Stacy wasn't good enough for you?

If we find a guy with the athletic abilities and hardworking I Think we're fine..

I hate Stacey more than Shawn. At least Shawn could play, Stacey just came here to steal our money and hang out with his pals.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Meco wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
One thing to note is Bowles likes his safeties (and cornerbacks) tall. Anyone under 6 foot need not apply.

*ahem* Brandon Boykin?

They also drafted Vontae Davis and Nolan Carroll when Bowles was in Miami, so it's not like he hasn't been on staffs who draft defensive backs under six foot.

There is an article on Bowles floating about, actually, here it is:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/blogs/birds-nest/What-Can-We-Learn-From-Todd-Bowles-History-162884246.html

Quote:
In fact, he’s only drafted one defensive back under 6-feet-tall since 2003, and that was in the seventh round. Clearly, Bowles’ preference is for bigger, more physical players. He probably would not, for example, have endorsed the selections of Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard, two 5-foot-10 corners.

So we can say bye bye Coleman???

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Meco

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if a player is good enough, Bowles won't care how tall they are (see: Boykin). I think if any group of people know that height doesn't matter, it would be the people working for the Eagles who have hit on shorter players numerous times.

And you have to wonder how much of a say the DB coach has on personnel decisions anyway. Yeah, he got taller guys in other cities but was that his doing or was it from someone higher up? He had been working for the same coaching tree everywhere he went so the organizations might've just been abiding by a similar standard.

We acquired a handful of defensive backs over the offseason and none of them were particularly tall. Boykin is 5'9", Cliff Harris is 5'10", Kee-ayre Griffin is 5'9" and Kevin Thomas was 6' tall exactly. Oh and we traded for a 5'9" safety in David Sims.
Meco

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, there are 3 really good offensive tackle prospects in this draft class. Luke Joeckel, Taylor Lewan and Eric Fisher. Unfortunately, I think they're all going to be off the board before the Eagles pick. It's a toss up as to who's the best prospect right now, I know that Joeckel is the best player right now but taking into account future growth, it's a toss up. They're all franchise left tackle prospects and beyond those 3, the OT class takes a big nose dive off a cliff.

Luke Joeckel reminds me of Joe Thomas a little bit. I'm not saying he is going to be Joe Thomas, I'm just saying that stylistically and physically, that's who Luke reminds me of. He's not overly big, long or powerful but he's really, really good. His feet and movement skills are top of the line in the passing and running game.

Taylor Lewan isn't as polished as Luke Joeckel but he's so talented. Put together a check list of everything you want from an OT prospect and Taylor Lewan has every box checked except for technique and discipline. He doesn't have Joeckel's foot speed or movement abilities but he's got more than enough to stick on the left side of the line in the NFL. His length and frame are ideal for the LT spot in the NFL. But Lewan brings another dimension as a run blocker, he brings a Jon Runyan like mentality to the table. Lewan is absolutely vicious and borderline dirty. His lanky frame belies his strength and ability to just move people around. And he is the type of player who views himself as a leader and wants his OL to play with a similar nastiness. Oh and he's quite adept at getting to the next level as well. He's the total package if he can just clean up his game a bit.

And Eric Fisher is right there with them as well. Like Taylor Lewan, he has an elite frame and great length with tons of growth potential. He's a powerful in-line blocker who can move defenders off the line and create movement. He's got the power and the sand in the pants that the other two don't. Fisher, despite a high pad level, is still able to withstand bull rushes at the college level because his lower body is strong and thick. Fisher is also quite good at getting to the second level as a blocker and when he gets on a linebacker or a member of the secondary, they're done for. And he's got the foot speed to win on the outside.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
To me, there are 3 really good offensive tackle prospects in this draft class. Luke Joeckel, Taylor Lewan and Eric Fisher. Unfortunately, I think they're all going to be off the board before the Eagles pick. It's a toss up as to who's the best prospect right now, I know that Joeckel is the best player right now but taking into account future growth, it's a toss up. They're all franchise left tackle prospects and beyond those 3, the OT class takes a big nose dive off a cliff.

Luke Joeckel reminds me of Joe Thomas a little bit. I'm not saying he is going to be Joe Thomas, I'm just saying that stylistically and physically, that's who Luke reminds me of. He's not overly big, long or powerful but he's really, really good. His feet and movement skills are top of the line in the passing and running game.

Taylor Lewan isn't as polished as Luke Joeckel but he's so talented. Put together a check list of everything you want from an OT prospect and Taylor Lewan has every box checked except for technique and discipline. He doesn't have Joeckel's foot speed or movement abilities but he's got more than enough to stick on the left side of the line in the NFL. His length and frame are ideal for the LT spot in the NFL. But Lewan brings another dimension as a run blocker, he brings a Jon Runyan like mentality to the table. Lewan is absolutely vicious and borderline dirty. His lanky frame belies his strength and ability to just move people around. And he is the type of player who views himself as a leader and wants his OL to play with a similar nastiness. Oh and he's quite adept at getting to the next level as well. He's the total package if he can just clean up his game a bit.

And Eric Fisher is right there with them as well. Like Taylor Lewan, he has an elite frame and great length with tons of growth potential. He's a powerful in-line blocker who can move defenders off the line and create movement. He's got the power and the sand in the pants that the other two don't. Fisher, despite a high pad level, is still able to withstand bull rushes at the college level because his lower body is strong and thick. Fisher is also quite good at getting to the second level as a blocker and when he gets on a linebacker or a member of the secondary, they're done for. And he's got the foot speed to win on the outside.

Hey, there is always trading up.
Reid has shown a tendency to do that.

I get the impression that his draft board looks like my fantasy board.
Trade up in the first and down in the later rounds due to the disproportionate skill at the top and the proximity of player abilities as the draft progresses.
Some of it will depend on how many other players fall into that top tier.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last 3 years, it seems Reid and Roseman has targeted a player and aggressively gone and got them.

Either by trading up (Graham and Cox) or for that player to dropping to our position (Watkins).

We then usually stay where we are in the 2nd, then as bamd has so well put, trade down in the later rounds.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2011 draft was so terrible that it looks like a sabotage job.
birdman0069

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are more quality Tackles and Safty's available in this coming draft then any other in recent history.
T.J. McDonald in the 1st and Dallas Thomas in the 2nd.
Thomas has the ability to play 4 positions along the O-Line. That's the kind of player our front office loves.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Meco

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur Brown is the best 4-3 linebacker in this draft class and it's by a fairly wide margin. #RandomThought
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Arthur Brown is the best 4-3 linebacker in this draft class and it's by a fairly wide margin. #RandomThought

Juan Castillo will be happy

#Bloodlines

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
oland11

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:
Meco wrote:
If you're looking for a LT prospect, Justin Pugh is playing against Pitt right now. Top 64 pick right now. Good player.

I'd much rather draft a guy like that in the second round than any OL in the first. We need a developmental guy/swing tackle, not a starter.

Come again? Unless you're counting on Peters returning to full fitness.

And one thing we've learned from Shawn Andrews is always have a contingency plan

Stacy wasn't good enough for you?

If we find a guy with the athletic abilities and hardworking I Think we're fine..

I hate Stacey more than Shawn. At least Shawn could play, Stacey just came here to steal our money and hang out with his pals.

Hey now...Are we sure they're even brothers?

Seriously. Stacy is lighter and his face is different.
oland11

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Meco wrote:

Juan Castillo will be happy

#Bloodlines

#Juandamentals.
oland11

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want us to draft Jake Matthews but most of you will shun me. But Taylor Lewan is starting to grow on me a bit. Mainly because of his size and that he is from Michigan. Who else is 6'7 from Michigan? Jake Long Cool

1.9K. I will have 100 more posts before the Baldies.
Meco

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to get Jonathan Franklin, Stepfan Taylor or Kenjon Barner in the middle rounds. Small, decisive backs with vision who can make people miss on the second level.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 59 of 99

Jump to: