Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
If we don't add a safety this offseason than someone in the front office needs to be kicked in the face. Between a stacked free agent class and a very talented draft class this is the offseason to improve that position. I like what Nate Allen has done, but Coleman has bit on every playaction possible this season.

Do you have a dog? It's like playing with a dog. You pretend to throw the ball and every time the dog falls for it, just like Coleman falls for playaction. It's embarrassing. Laughing

I'm laughing at how amazingly accurate this analogy is.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
I'd love to see us add William Moore

I remember when he was coming out in the draft, his name was hot in this forum. But looking at how he's panning out, I doubt ATL would let him walk.

We do need to draft a competent safety for some major competition this upcoming year though. KC has his limitations.

I think Atlanta has some major salary cap issues, and has one of the best young cornerbacks that needs to be paid. I think I remember reading they have the second least amount of room available, so it could be a possibility that they have to let Moore go.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Asante and Dunta I would except them to be more willing to let of Grimes, also he got injured.

I doubt we would be able to get a good Safety at a decent price. With all the terrible Safety play going on. Give me TJ and let him and Kurt battle it out. I really hope Nate can beat out Kurt in this scenario. And get an OT in 2nd round.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
With Asante and Dunta I would except them to be more willing to let of Grimes, also he got injured.

I doubt we would be able to get a good Safety at a decent price. With all the terrible Safety play going on. Give me TJ and let him and Kurt battle it out. I really hope Nate can beat out Kurt in this scenario. And get an OT in 2nd round.

I read somewhere Asante's been pretty bad and Grimes is better than both of them either way. Asante is overpaid anyway as is Robinson.

I honestly think if we go after a free agent I think its gonna be Chung.
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chung is okay, but I would much prefer a 1st round Safety (value would of course have to match).

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Brent Grimes is better then both of them, it'd be foolish to let him go on a team with a load of good young talent for two aging corners - they'd be better served cutting Dunta[or Ray Edwards] and keeping Grimes.

Quote:

I think what a lot of people are forgetting[myself included] is that the play of first round safeties in recent years has been awful. The expectations are high and they usually don't meet those expectations. I feel like if we can get a proven commodity like Moore for 6/7M per year, there's no reason to go through the draft[and trust a staff that has been inept at drafting safety talent for the past 10+ years].

What is it going to take for the FO to bring in a safety with expereince? Kurt Coleman getting exposed on the big stage everytime?
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Chung is okay, but I would much prefer a 1st round Safety (value would of course have to match).

Why would you trust this staff to draft and develop a safety? I find it hard to believe that everyone is comfortable with them after their recent track record. We've proven for many years that we CAN NOT develop safety talent.
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Why would you trust this staff to draft and develop a safety? I find it hard to believe that everyone is comfortable with them after their recent track record. We've proven for many years that we CAN NOT develop safety talent.

#Juandamentals #FaithInJuan&ToddBowles

Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:

I would give you the benefit of the doubt for sure knowing our recent track record, but the jury is still out on Nate Allen. However I do agree with your sentiment on this, so signing a real starter (not some washed up bums like Marlin Jackson, Jarrad Page and OJ Atogwe) with all of the cap space we have, is the way I would love for it to be done.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

I should've known that's the answer I'd get. Neither has showing anything when developing saftey talent, Boweles had two young safeties in Miami and neither have turned into anything.

You want an impact player at safety? We need to sign someone, not draft someone. You want to play the Jaquian Jarrett game again, draft one in the first round and watch him fail to develop.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

I would give you the benefit of the doubt for sure knowing our recent track record, but the jury is still out on Nate Allen. However I do agree with your sentiment on this, so signing a real starter (not some washed up bums like Marlin Jackson, Jarrad Page and OJ Atogwe) with all of the cap space we have, is the way I would love for it to be done.

You're right, I should have excluded Nate Allen because he still is showing flashes, that's not sarcastic either.
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Lewis was good for a while right?

Rest we have drafted with Reid have been mid or late round picks.

I'm sorry, but I just don't believe we're able to get a good Safety in FA. Teams are struggling to find half decent Safeties, no way they let go of a good one. And this is Moore's first year good right?

Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:

I'm sorry, but I just don't believe we're able to get a good Safety in FA. Teams are struggling to find half decent Safeties, no way they let go of a good one. And this is Moore's first year good right?

William Moore has been pretty good the pas two year, people are just noticing now because he owned Peyton Manning in prime time.

I get that everyone is safety hungry, but taking a safety in the first round is a huge mistake[unless we can land Reid/Amerson late in the first round]. There's some good safety depth this year[Lester, Rambo, Sh. Williams, Elam, Jefferson, Ra. Hall], it's fine to take a safety between rounds two and four.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Michael Lewis was good for one season because of 2 reasons

1 - Lito Sheppard was good Lito, not terrible "lets get beat every 3 pass plays" Lito. Because Sheppard didn't play like crap, there was less of a burden on him to cover deep. On the other side, Sheldon Brown was as shut down as ever.

AND

2 - Brian Dawkins was still elite, and was able to cover more ground, thus less area Lewis had to cover. This allowed the Eagles to play Lewis at or around the line of scrimmage, allowing him to act almost as a 4th linebacker.

Jury is still out on Allen, and Jarrett sucked. Matt Ware was pretty bad as a 3rd round pick.

Either way, when Michael Lewis' one good year is your claim to fame drafting a safety, chances are you suck at drafting safeties.
oland11

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

I should've known that's the answer I'd get. Neither has showing anything when developing saftey talent, Boweles had two young safeties in Miami and neither have turned into anything.

You want an impact player at safety? We need to sign someone, not draft someone. You want to play the Jaquian Jarrett game again, draft one in the first round and watch him fail to develop.

Didn't Todd Bowles have Yeremiah Bell to work with? I'm not considering him for a job here because he sucks in coverage. I'm just throwing an example out there.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 57 of 99

Jump to: