Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/statuses/253921022762442752

Quote:
USC's Matt Barkley is just 3-of-15 on passes thrown 20+ yards downfield this season, including missing all 8 attempts in last 2 starts.

Just in case you still liked Matt Barkley. #NoodleArm
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like noodles Confused

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:

His All-American caliber center was injured in week 2, and the back-up is a walk on red shirt freshman. There's been too much pressure up the A and B gap, not allowing him to step up in the pocket like he needs to for those deep throws.

But then again, when you have weapons like Woods & Lee, why not just hit them on a bubble screen or quick slant and watch them take it to the house? Wink
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Meco wrote:

His All-American caliber center was injured in week 2, and the back-up is a walk on red shirt freshman. There's been too much pressure up the A and B gap, not allowing him to step up in the pocket like he needs to for those deep throws.

But then again, when you have weapons like Woods & Lee, why not just hit them on a bubble screen or quick slant and watch them take it to the house? Wink

Barkley should have came out last year, the extra year of scrutiny is doing him no favors.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh with RG3, Luck and the chance to win Heisman I understand why he did what he did.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
Jroc04

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least he saved a team from drafting a stiff.

808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:

Quote:
USC's Matt Barkley is just 3-of-15 on passes thrown 20+ yards downfield this season, including missing all 8 attempts in last 2 starts.

I'd be interested to see how many of those he's overthrown, also He's no Chad Pennington, and definatley has enough arm to play in this league.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
I'd be interested to see how many of those he's overthrown, also He's no Chad Pennington, and definatley has enough arm to play in this league.

Word. EF5-36-81 has got my back.

Jroc04

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Meco wrote:

Quote:

California Penal League?

808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

Word. EF5-36-81 has got my back.

Never said he'd be any good Laughing

But in reality he's still a first rounder, and he's got more arm than Leinart coming out, who looked decent each time he's been in a west coast style scheme.

That said, if Geno Smith played in this offense he'd be the no doubt #1 pick. The biggest issue with him is that no one knows how he'll react to making actual reads and quickly going through his progressions. Almost always when his first read isn't there and in a rare occasion he looks to his 2nd option and he's not there, he pulls the ball down and scrambles and/or runs.
oland11

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
That said, if Geno Smith played in this offense he'd be the no doubt #1 pick. The biggest issue with him is that no one knows how he'll react to making actual reads and quickly going through his progressions. Almost always when his first read isn't there and in a rare occasion he looks to his 2nd option and he's not there, he pulls the ball down and scrambles and/or runs.

So in other words Mike Vick while playing for the Falcons?
oland11

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Meco wrote:

Quote:

Did he have a noodle arm or something? I thought his arm strength was sufficient...
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Meco wrote:

Quote:

Did he have a noodle arm or something? I thought his arm strength was sufficient...

looooooooooooooooooooool
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be thrilled if we landed Fluker. He's an absolute physical specimen. Before this season I wouldn't have even considered this because I was convinced Fluker would only improve and become a top 10 pick but so far this year he has slightly regressed. While still dominating in the run game he got embarrassed in pass protection in the western kentucky game and against michigan and didn't look sharp last week either. That being said he still has the biggest ceiling of any 2013 tackle prospect and it's looking likely that he'll fall past the middle of the 1st. I'm expecting the Eagles to have a pick in the 21-32 range. At that point I'd expect the TAMU tackles to be gone, from what I've seen they have both looked like studs so far this year. No matter what I'm in favor of an offensive line pick, and I wouldn't be against picking Barrett Jones. He can play anywhere on the line. I predict there will be 3-4 lineman off the board by the time we pick. We definitely need a new SS, but I think we could afford to wait till later to take one. This years safety class is a lot better than recent ones with the likes of TJ, Jefferson, Rambo, Reid, Lester among others. Any of those guys I'd be happy getting and they'd each be improvements over Coleman. I just think we need to make our first priority OL, followed by safety. After that I wouldn't mind seeing us take a linebacker, a big receiver, or tight end.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

So in other words Mike Vick while playing for the Falcons?

Not even close rookie, Vick played in an actual offense and dropped back from center and threw every route in the route tree. I've never seen Geno line up under center and I've only seen him throw 3 or 4 routes.

I'm not saying he's a good prospect, he's actually bigger and more accurate than an early Vick, but his offense is gimmicky as all hell.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 53 of 99

Jump to: