Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its just a rubbish roster behind sketchy doosh coaches.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
gator3guy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
This is something I usually believe in.

However, we have three glaring issues on this team right now - offensive tackle, offensive guard, and safety that NEED to be addresed, preferably via the draft, IMO.

Right, but we might be in a new regime for 2013, so cleaning out some other positions might happen too. There could be more needs than those three, but as of now, those are our biggest areas of deficiency on the current roster.

I agree. I made this point a few ages back. A new regime comes in, they implement new systems, players on the roster don't fit the new system, that leads to a lot of needs. I guess I drank too much of the koolaid before the season (I never learn) and I became blind to how many holes this team has. As someone else said, no position is out of the question when it comes to the draft except RB (later rounds). I believe in drafting for positional value in the early rounds i.e. QB, OT, DL, CB. Of course their are exceptions, but ideally those are the positions you target early especially if you have needs at those positions.

It's painful to go back and look at the drafts of recent years. The philosophy is just mind boggling. How many teams cut a 2nd or 3rd round pick a year after they are drafted? Not many. The Eagles have done it in consecutive years. You would think with the quantity of picks they have year after year they would get lucky once in a while. You have to start questioning player development. This year's class looks good on paper, but we won't know until 3 years from now.
Meco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Glennon is getting some major hype in scouting circles according to Bucky Brooks, former NFL player and scout. Link.

Bucky Brooks wrote:
Mike Glennon might be the best quarterback available in the 2013 NFL Draft.

I know that statement will take many by surprise, considering the endless hype and speculation surrounding West Virginia's Geno Smith and USC's Matt Barkley, but there is a growing sentiment in the NFL scouting community that the N.C. State star could be the crown jewel of this year's quarterback class.

I had heard about Glennon's ascension up draft boards across the league over the past few weeks, but it wasn't until I made a trip to North Carolina to study him in person on Saturday that I could see what all the commotion was about. Glennon's masterful performance in a 43-35 loss to North Carolina made the visit well worth the trouble.

In the article he writes about three attributes that Glennon possesses: Arm talent, pocket presence and leadership. You should just read the article.

He also wrote some stuff about Glennon on twitter a week prior to going out to the game to watch him play:
@BuckyBrooks wrote:
Word on the Street: #NCSU QB Mike Glennon might be the 2nd QB (behind Geno Smith) off the board in the 2013 #NFL Draft

@BuckyBrooks wrote:
Scouts love his size and A+ arm talent. He is a better athlete than most expect, and he can make all of the pro throws
@BuckyBrooks wrote:
Scouts tell me he needs to improve his decisions under pressure, but he looks like a potential franchise QB

I think it's also important to note that he plays in a pro-style, west coast offense. This is the guy that NC State kicked Russell Wilson to the curb for. If we drafted him we'd meet our tall, white, doofy looking QB quota for a while.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
If we drafted him we'd meet our tall, white, doofy looking QB quota for a while.

What on Earth does that have to do with anything?
PowerElite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I turned off the tape of Glennon a week or so ago. He did something like take a retarded 15 yard sack outside of the pocket when he had more than enough opportunity to throw it away. The play might have even been a safety or sack fumble. Whatever it was it was damning IMO. Quarterbacks with NFL starting potential just don't make those kinds of bonehead plays.
Meco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Meco wrote:
If we drafted him we'd meet our tall, white, doofy looking QB quota for a while.

What on Earth does that have to do with anything?

Nothing really, just that he and Nick Foles are tall, white, doofy lookin' dudes?

Glennon:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On to the next one:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=503604

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99
Page 99 of 99

Jump to: