Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 34473
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
If we take another defensive end I'm going to explode.


I would normally, but if it's a new regime, then it's new rules, so I'll give them a pass


Could he be SLB/DE? If so, fine fills two spots where we can use an upgrade.


Why do we need an upgrade at SLB?


Kendricks would move to Will, and can anyone come up with a reasonable argument why our Pass rush sucks? And saying it's the wide 9, is beyond terrible, it have worked for the past 12 years or so.


Wide 9 sucks


Touché, Wide 9 have been getting lots of sacks the since Washburn first used it in Tennessee. Did our players suddenly regress over 1 year? Babin shouldn't be wearing down, he haven't played a lot of snaps in his career.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21060
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wide 9 isn't working this year, that's all I care about.
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 34473
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Wide 9 isn't working this year, that's all I care about.


Which kind of bring my point, what about next year? I hope we remain in a 1-gap defense and only use wide 9 on obvious pass downs. But what about our pass rush? Do we hope new coaches will fix our pass rush?
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 12255
Location: E808 on the avi; P90 on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
If we take another defensive end I'm going to explode.


I would normally, but if it's a new regime, then it's new rules, so I'll give them a pass


It doesn't really matter who the regime is for me, we can't continue to burn picks on defensive ends in the first two rounds. If they want to take one in round four or five that's fine, but we have much bigger needs then another defensive end to sit on the bench for a year or two before starting.

If we don't take a quarterback I'd like to see us go offensive line with two of our first three picks, and then safety, defensive tackle, or outside backer with the other[unless Tyler Eifert is an option].


But if we're in a 34 (or moving towards a 34), then we need pass rushers - they are the most important part of the defense


IF we're moving toward a 3-4 defense then I can see the arguement, but I can't agree with it at all. If we can get someone like Porter, Travis Long, Lerentee McCray, Ansah, or Buchanan in the third-fifth rounds and grab two quality offensive lineman in the first three rounds, that's an awesome draft, IMO.

There's no reason, with our issues at safety and on the offensive line, that a pass rusher should be picked in the first round.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21060
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
If we take another defensive end I'm going to explode.


I would normally, but if it's a new regime, then it's new rules, so I'll give them a pass


It doesn't really matter who the regime is for me, we can't continue to burn picks on defensive ends in the first two rounds. If they want to take one in round four or five that's fine, but we have much bigger needs then another defensive end to sit on the bench for a year or two before starting.

If we don't take a quarterback I'd like to see us go offensive line with two of our first three picks, and then safety, defensive tackle, or outside backer with the other[unless Tyler Eifert is an option].


But if we're in a 34 (or moving towards a 34), then we need pass rushers - they are the most important part of the defense


IF we're moving toward a 3-4 defense then I can see the arguement, but I can't agree with it at all. If we can get someone like Porter, Travis Long, Lerentee McCray, Ansah, or Buchanan in the third-fifth rounds and grab two quality offensive lineman in the first three rounds, that's an awesome draft, IMO.

There's no reason, with our issues at safety and on the offensive line, that a pass rusher should be picked in the first round.


Free agency?

Draft should be BPA, not drafting for need (which is what we've done the last 3 years)
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 12255
Location: E808 on the avi; P90 on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
If we take another defensive end I'm going to explode.


I would normally, but if it's a new regime, then it's new rules, so I'll give them a pass


Could he be SLB/DE? If so, fine fills two spots where we can use an upgrade.


Why do we need an upgrade at SLB?


Kendricks would move to Will


We have a young player doing very will in a spot, why would we want to move him over? It makes no sense to draft a strongside linebacker in the first three rounds. If we could draft a weakside backer like Greene, Hodges, or Jenkins then that's okay.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21060
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next year, even in a 43, the SAM might be a different kettle of fish to our SAM this year
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Draft should be BPA, not drafting for need (which is what we've done the last 3 years)


Not true, this year we took BPA with Kendricks, Curry and Boykin. Same could be argued with Cox, but we moved up for him.

In the year's leading up to this one, you are absolutely correct.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 12255
Location: E808 on the avi; P90 on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Free agency?


Okay, let's say for the hell of it we go out and add Britton to play RT/OG. That still leaves us with a need at offensive guard[because Mathis sucks], center[Kelce is ehhhh] and a possible replacement for Jason Peters. I don't think it's hard to say that if we're picking between 7-14 that we can land Joeckel or Lewan in one of those spots.

I just don't see the reason to draft a Mingo or Moore in the first two rounds, when there's other more pressing needs. I'd even be okay with us taking a wideout over a pass rusher at this point.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 12255
Location: E808 on the avi; P90 on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Next year, even in a 43, the SAM might be a different kettle of fish to our SAM this year


That's a very good point, but Kendricks is a freak. I'm a believer in that there's very few backer spots he can't play. We need to keep him on the strongside, and get players used to there spots. That's an issue this team always has had, we're switching players to much.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21060
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Draft should be BPA, not drafting for need (which is what we've done the last 3 years)


Not true, this year we took BPA with Kendricks, Curry and Boykin. Same could be argued with Cox, but we moved up for him.

In the year's leading up to this one, you are absolutely correct.


I'd say Cox was a need

Laughing

In any case, in the last 3 years, we've targeted a specific player to draft.
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21060
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:
Free agency?


Okay, let's say for the hell of it we go out and add Britton to play RT/OG. That still leaves us with a need at offensive guard[because Mathis sucks], center[Kelce is ehhhh] and a possible replacement for Jason Peters. I don't think it's hard to say that if we're picking between 7-14 that we can land Joeckel or Lewan in one of those spots.

I just don't see the reason to draft a Mingo or Moore in the first two rounds, when there's other more pressing needs. I'd even be okay with us taking a wideout over a pass rusher at this point.


I still maintain that BPA is the way forward
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
I'd say Cox was a need

Laughing


Zingy for the win! Laughing
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
EaglesFan5-36-81


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 14529
Location: Sig by Eagles_808
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:
Free agency?


Okay, let's say for the hell of it we go out and add Britton to play RT/OG. That still leaves us with a need at offensive guard[because Mathis sucks], center[Kelce is ehhhh] and a possible replacement for Jason Peters. I don't think it's hard to say that if we're picking between 7-14 that we can land Joeckel or Lewan in one of those spots.

I just don't see the reason to draft a Mingo or Moore in the first two rounds, when there's other more pressing needs. I'd even be okay with us taking a wideout over a pass rusher at this point.


Mathis would cost more to release him than it would to keep him this year, so he's staying and starting. Kelce is much better than ehhh, but due to the injury I could see concern. Reguardless, this is a stacked FA OL class, and we could add a LT, with Peters kicking to RT, and Herremans kicking back into guard, which would be a good start. If Kelce is 100% then its even better and could mask Mathis.

If we go to a 34 we may need to add a 34 edge rusher. Also, in most 43 schemes, Kendricks doesn't have the length to play the strongside (I think he'd be better off on the weakside in this scheme as well where he can chase and tackle as opposed to have to disengage a ton. Plus although I don't have an issue with him covering tight ends, I would think physically it would be easier for him to cover a running back who is 5-10 to 6-1, as opposed to 6-2 to 6-6.
_________________

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
in most 43 schemes, Kendricks doesn't have the length to play the strongside (I think he'd be better off on the weakside in this scheme as well where he can chase and tackle as opposed to have to disengage a ton. Plus although I don't have an issue with him covering tight ends, I would think physically it would be easier for him to cover a running back who is 5-10 to 6-1, as opposed to 6-2 to 6-6.


I can agree with this. I have no issue moving Kendricks to the WILL in the base 4-3 if we get an adequate player at SAM. Plus we do play a ton of nickel anyway.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 97 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group