Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
If we take another defensive end I'm going to explode.

I would normally, but if it's a new regime, then it's new rules, so I'll give them a pass

Could he be SLB/DE? If so, fine fills two spots where we can use an upgrade.

Why do we need an upgrade at SLB?

Kendricks would move to Will, and can anyone come up with a reasonable argument why our Pass rush sucks? And saying it's the wide 9, is beyond terrible, it have worked for the past 12 years or so.

Wide 9 sucks

Touché, Wide 9 have been getting lots of sacks the since Washburn first used it in Tennessee. Did our players suddenly regress over 1 year? Babin shouldn't be wearing down, he haven't played a lot of snaps in his career.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wide 9 isn't working this year, that's all I care about.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Wide 9 isn't working this year, that's all I care about.

Which kind of bring my point, what about next year? I hope we remain in a 1-gap defense and only use wide 9 on obvious pass downs. But what about our pass rush? Do we hope new coaches will fix our pass rush?

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

I would normally, but if it's a new regime, then it's new rules, so I'll give them a pass

It doesn't really matter who the regime is for me, we can't continue to burn picks on defensive ends in the first two rounds. If they want to take one in round four or five that's fine, but we have much bigger needs then another defensive end to sit on the bench for a year or two before starting.

If we don't take a quarterback I'd like to see us go offensive line with two of our first three picks, and then safety, defensive tackle, or outside backer with the other[unless Tyler Eifert is an option].

But if we're in a 34 (or moving towards a 34), then we need pass rushers - they are the most important part of the defense

IF we're moving toward a 3-4 defense then I can see the arguement, but I can't agree with it at all. If we can get someone like Porter, Travis Long, Lerentee McCray, Ansah, or Buchanan in the third-fifth rounds and grab two quality offensive lineman in the first three rounds, that's an awesome draft, IMO.

There's no reason, with our issues at safety and on the offensive line, that a pass rusher should be picked in the first round.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

It doesn't really matter who the regime is for me, we can't continue to burn picks on defensive ends in the first two rounds. If they want to take one in round four or five that's fine, but we have much bigger needs then another defensive end to sit on the bench for a year or two before starting.

If we don't take a quarterback I'd like to see us go offensive line with two of our first three picks, and then safety, defensive tackle, or outside backer with the other[unless Tyler Eifert is an option].

But if we're in a 34 (or moving towards a 34), then we need pass rushers - they are the most important part of the defense

IF we're moving toward a 3-4 defense then I can see the arguement, but I can't agree with it at all. If we can get someone like Porter, Travis Long, Lerentee McCray, Ansah, or Buchanan in the third-fifth rounds and grab two quality offensive lineman in the first three rounds, that's an awesome draft, IMO.

There's no reason, with our issues at safety and on the offensive line, that a pass rusher should be picked in the first round.

Free agency?

Draft should be BPA, not drafting for need (which is what we've done the last 3 years)

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

Could he be SLB/DE? If so, fine fills two spots where we can use an upgrade.

Why do we need an upgrade at SLB?

Kendricks would move to Will

We have a young player doing very will in a spot, why would we want to move him over? It makes no sense to draft a strongside linebacker in the first three rounds. If we could draft a weakside backer like Greene, Hodges, or Jenkins then that's okay.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next year, even in a 43, the SAM might be a different kettle of fish to our SAM this year

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Draft should be BPA, not drafting for need (which is what we've done the last 3 years)

Not true, this year we took BPA with Kendricks, Curry and Boykin. Same could be argued with Cox, but we moved up for him.

In the year's leading up to this one, you are absolutely correct.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Free agency?

Okay, let's say for the hell of it we go out and add Britton to play RT/OG. That still leaves us with a need at offensive guard[because Mathis sucks], center[Kelce is ehhhh] and a possible replacement for Jason Peters. I don't think it's hard to say that if we're picking between 7-14 that we can land Joeckel or Lewan in one of those spots.

I just don't see the reason to draft a Mingo or Moore in the first two rounds, when there's other more pressing needs. I'd even be okay with us taking a wideout over a pass rusher at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Next year, even in a 43, the SAM might be a different kettle of fish to our SAM this year

That's a very good point, but Kendricks is a freak. I'm a believer in that there's very few backer spots he can't play. We need to keep him on the strongside, and get players used to there spots. That's an issue this team always has had, we're switching players to much.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Not true, this year we took BPA with Kendricks, Curry and Boykin. Same could be argued with Cox, but we moved up for him.

In the year's leading up to this one, you are absolutely correct.

I'd say Cox was a need

Laughing

In any case, in the last 3 years, we've targeted a specific player to draft.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:
Free agency?

Okay, let's say for the hell of it we go out and add Britton to play RT/OG. That still leaves us with a need at offensive guard[because Mathis sucks], center[Kelce is ehhhh] and a possible replacement for Jason Peters. I don't think it's hard to say that if we're picking between 7-14 that we can land Joeckel or Lewan in one of those spots.

I just don't see the reason to draft a Mingo or Moore in the first two rounds, when there's other more pressing needs. I'd even be okay with us taking a wideout over a pass rusher at this point.

I still maintain that BPA is the way forward

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
I'd say Cox was a need

Laughing

Zingy for the win! Laughing
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:
Free agency?

Mathis would cost more to release him than it would to keep him this year, so he's staying and starting. Kelce is much better than ehhh, but due to the injury I could see concern. Reguardless, this is a stacked FA OL class, and we could add a LT, with Peters kicking to RT, and Herremans kicking back into guard, which would be a good start. If Kelce is 100% then its even better and could mask Mathis.

If we go to a 34 we may need to add a 34 edge rusher. Also, in most 43 schemes, Kendricks doesn't have the length to play the strongside (I think he'd be better off on the weakside in this scheme as well where he can chase and tackle as opposed to have to disengage a ton. Plus although I don't have an issue with him covering tight ends, I would think physically it would be easier for him to cover a running back who is 5-10 to 6-1, as opposed to 6-2 to 6-6.

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
in most 43 schemes, Kendricks doesn't have the length to play the strongside (I think he'd be better off on the weakside in this scheme as well where he can chase and tackle as opposed to have to disengage a ton. Plus although I don't have an issue with him covering tight ends, I would think physically it would be easier for him to cover a running back who is 5-10 to 6-1, as opposed to 6-2 to 6-6.

I can agree with this. I have no issue moving Kendricks to the WILL in the base 4-3 if we get an adequate player at SAM. Plus we do play a ton of nickel anyway.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 97 of 99

Jump to: