Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terrell Suggs tears Achilles
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HokieRaven5

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Terrell Suggs tears Achilles Reply with quote

Not sure how accurate this is but vinny cerrato just said on air that sizzle may have torn his Achilles

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Blow to Baltimore: Ravens LB Terrell Suggs tore his Achilles playing basketball.

www.twitter.com/AdamSchefter

It has been confirmed by him and a couple of other sources who are reliable on twitter that I've seen. That is a huge blow.

Quote:
Terrell Suggs has torn his Achilles working out in Arizona. Generally a year injury, likely out for season. Huge blow for Ravens

www.twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora

coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that sucks. Looks like Kruger will be starting anyways. Kindle needs to make an impact too.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a feeling before this even happened that we were in for a down year/missing the playoffs. Without Suggs, in the stacked AFC, I just don't see it happening for us.

Are people still upset we drafted Upshaw? Laughing

I could only imagine the bashing Ozzie would get from some people if this happened and we didn't draft Upshaw. "Wow Ozzie sucks, he knew we had no depth at OLB with Kruger starting and the top backup being a guy who fell down a flight of stairs. What is he thinking?!"

Any guesses who will play what side? Do we move Kruger to WOLB in Suggs' spot and have Upshaw stay at SOLB? Or do we keep Kruger where he's been practicing at SOLB and start with Upshaw at WOLB?

Thanks Suggs for that one.. Maybe McPhee and Kruger breakout Rolling Eyes
HokieRaven5

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens5520 wrote:
Thanks Suggs for that one.. Maybe McPhee and Kruger breakout Rolling Eyes

Hey hey don't forget mcadoo and the always reliable kindle Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well this sucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
janky

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Horrible news. I still doubt we miss the playoffs but this just means our team needs to step up. Man I was really looking forward to seeing how Sizzle followed up his DPOY this year.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this sucks...

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

I could only imagine the bashing Ozzie would get from some people if this happened and we didn't draft Upshaw. "Wow Ozzie sucks, he knew we had no depth at OLB with Kruger starting and the top backup being a guy who fell down a flight of stairs. What is he thinking?!"

Any guesses who will play what side? Do we move Kruger to WOLB in Suggs' spot and have Upshaw stay at SOLB? Or do we keep Kruger where he's been practicing at SOLB and start with Upshaw at WOLB?

Exactly. You can always use pass rushing depth. Now Upshaw suddenly looks like a really good pick.

This really sucks though, it's pretty much the end of our season. At least now we get a good look at Kruger, Kindle and Upshaw, so we'll see how the OLB position pans out.

Does anyone else think we should learn from how the Colts just revamped their team by packing it up for the season and looking towards 2013? Maybe rest Ray and Ed to save them for another season. We can get a good look at all the young guys, get our offense in order and end up with a nice draft pick. Wink Or is that just the crazy guy in my head talking?
janky

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as positions I can see Upshaw taking over for Suggs and Kruger staying where he's at. Now it forces Kindle into a bigger role which I'm kind of happy about (not really under these circumstances) but I'm excited to see what he can do. Also McAdoo, I don't know what their plans are with him but I'd like to see what he can do as well.
santiagomn8

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this really really sucks!!! i hope suggs a speedy recovery

but

now we look foward and hope our young guys can step it up this gives them a chance to show us what they got i believe in a rotation that consists of kruger upshaw kindle and mcadoo i think will be fine
Mr. X

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this is terrible. ON the bright side an Achillies injury is easier to come back from than an ACL injury and it's happening early enough that there probably won't be any recovery time needed to start the 2013 season.

Ozzie better be calling the Giants right now to get Osi. Now they NEED a dominant pass rusher. If they don't gets Osi there is no way I can see the Ravens winning a Super Bowl because there won't be that dominant pass rusher everybody needs. The time is now they better not just sit there and say "next man up" when Ray Lewis and Ed Reed only have a short amount of time left.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAVINGMADD wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

Exactly. You can always use pass rushing depth. Now Upshaw suddenly looks like a really good pick.

This really sucks though, it's pretty much the end of our season. At least now we get a good look at Kruger, Kindle and Upshaw, so we'll see how the OLB position pans out.

Does anyone else think we should learn from how the Colts just revamped their team by packing it up for the season and looking towards 2013? Maybe rest Ray and Ed to save them for another season. We can get a good look at all the young guys, get our offense in order and end up with a nice draft pick. Wink Or is that just the crazy guy in my head talking?

Losing Suggs hurts, but it's not the end of the world. We aren't going to "pack it in" because we lost our best pass rusher. The Colts packed it in because they lost the only piece of their team that was holding them together and he was up in years anyway. Their team was in shambles, he was just the duct tape to keep it together. Suggs, while he's going to be a huge loss, isn't going to be the difference between a 12-4 season and a 4-12 season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: