Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ponder 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TearsOfPurple wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
Rolling Eyes It's really lame and borderline shameful to avoid saying Brett Favre here.

Maybe 2009, but 2010 was terrible for him being a me player.

2009 still counts, though, that was what I was highlighting. It was the best season in recent history and Brett was a tremendous teammate by all accounts (and the question you asked was about the last time the Vikings had a QB that cared about his teammates; it's Brett).

Peppers90 on the sig.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
It was a petty attempt to call me out on something you have done yourself, not to mention that it derailed the thread and drew attention away from the point I was making. I've noticed this is becoming something of a trend with you, unfortunately. Please avoid it because it's really not beneficial to the FF community as a whole.

jeeeez...

but comments like this from you are acceptable, i guess, and don't derail a discussion:

PurpleMugen wrote:
Easy with the passive-aggressiveness there, bud.

it's ok man, you are who you are. no more from me in this thread about it.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
It was a petty attempt to call me out on something you have done yourself, not to mention that it derailed the thread and drew attention away from the point I was making. I've noticed this is becoming something of a trend with you, unfortunately. Please avoid it because it's really not beneficial to the FF community as a whole.

jeeeez...

but comments like this from you are acceptable , i guess, and don't derail a discussion:

PurpleMugen wrote:
Easy with the passive-aggressiveness there, bud.

it's ok man, you are who you are. no more from me in this thread about it.

Really? You removed the rest of my post and picked out that one line? That kind of picking and choosing is an overt attempt at framing someone wrongly. I'm equally amazed and disappointed by this. I can't just sit back and watch that kind of hypocrisy; it's not right and no one should stand for it. The high horse behavior is totally unnecessary.

Anyway, I'd like to take this moment to apologize to Klomp if I offended him at all. I'm not so small that I can't recognize when I've done something that could be wrong and I'm big enough to admit it. No use having bad blood with my Vikings brethren (and as such, I don't expect my forum brothers to call me out wrongly); I'd rather save that for Packer fans.

Peppers90 on the sig.
HighHopes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come now kids. Lets just have fun!

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
TearsOfPurple

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
TearsOfPurple wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
Rolling Eyes It's really lame and borderline shameful to avoid saying Brett Favre here.

Maybe 2009, but 2010 was terrible for him being a me player.

2009 still counts, though, that was what I was highlighting. It was the best season in recent history and Brett was a tremendous teammate by all accounts (and the question you asked was about the last time the Vikings had a QB that cared about his teammates; it's Brett).

I should of been more specific then and meant longterm. 1 or 2 year stunts really don't count to me.

Minnesota Vikings 2014
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
Come now kids. Lets just have fun!

Yes. Let's move on and get to football discussion, please. If you still have issues, please take it to PM and not here on the board. Thanks.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
AllDay Peterson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty excited for this weekend. If Simpson isn't too rusty, I think Ponder can tear the D apart like Locker did last week. Sadly, he will no longer be flying under the radar if he does that.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AllDay Peterson wrote:
I'm pretty excited for this weekend. If Simpson isn't too rusty, I think Ponder can tear the D apart like Locker did last week. Sadly, he will no longer be flying under the radar if he does that.

Teams will always prepare for a QB no matter who it is though...

Teams know Ponder is athletic and accurate.

The most likely thing to happen is they will cut out the underneath stuff to intermediate routes and ask him to beat them deep. Thats not the best part of his game.

Hopefully we adjust our offense as much as defenses are adjusting to Ponder.

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ponder's played so effiecently it's amazing. I've been one of his biggest supporters and even i'm surprised.

I really hope Jerome Simpson isn't too rusty because if we're going to hang with upper-echelon teams consistantly we need another reciever to step up as a consistent target.

Ponder's leadership and swagger is what I love the most when's the last time the Vikings have had such a clear cut leader of the team?
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
Ponder's leadership and swagger is what I love the most when's the last time the Vikings have had such a clear cut leader of the team?

Brett Favre.

Peppers90 on the sig.
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:

Brett Favre.

Embarassed Slipped my mind somehow. Embarrasing. Well I just love having such a young player step up so quickly and take control of the team. It's really exciting.
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is there always pointless arguing in threads about Ponder?

Rolling Eyes

you see what I did there

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does everyone feel the need to use the eye roll emoticon?

I've done it before, but it really is unneccesary (and yes VikeADunn, I know what you did there)

personally, my favorite is mr green!

We'll be seeing alot of him throughout Sunday too once Christian Ponder absolutely lights up the Lions, and we win! Mr. Green

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:

Brett Favre.

Favre was a great leader on the field, but his antics surrounding the actual season (like not showing up to training camp) don't speak in his favor.

He was the old man who didn't really feel like he had to lead by example anymore, because he had done it all before. That's fine, but I'm glad that this time around, with a young team, we have a QB that's willing to invest in this team all-year 'round.

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:

Brett Favre.

Favre was a great leader on the field, but his antics surrounding the actual season (like not showing up to training camp) don't speak in his favor.

He was the old man who didn't really feel like he had to lead by example anymore, because he had done it all before. That's fine, but I'm glad that this time around, with a young team, we have a QB that's willing to invest in this team all-year 'round.

Actually that's more of a misconception than anything else, something that's gained more of a life of its own after 2010 left a bad taste in our mouths.

The reason I say that is because the players themselves spoke very highly of Brett's leadership and captaincy, and his positive effect on the locker room was transformational and a joy to see. There can be no greater endorsement, and it wasn't just teamspeak.

I agree that a young QB investing in his team year-round is something to feel good about. Seeing that kind of dedication is refreshing and heartening.

Peppers90 on the sig.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 35 of 100

Jump to: