Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ponder 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
Frank Costello wrote:
To not be disappointed with him means youre setting your bar low. The coaching staff is afraid to open it up. Ponder is a check down lateral pass master.

The sooner we as fans accept this, the quicker we can begin to look for another answer. Joe Webb deserves a shot.

If Webb was good enough...he would have gotten a shot by now. They arent going to keep a guy that is better than Ponder on the bench.

They chose Webb to be the primary backup. It's hard believe they'd make that decision if they didn't think he was at least potentially capable of playing better than Ponder currently is.
ktarinze

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Klomp wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
I'm more than happy with Matt Kalil, and as much I would love to have a franchise QB, Kalil was well worth the 4th overall pick.

Also worth remembering is what you just brought up, Matt Kalil was the 4th pick, not the 3rd.

By trading down, we got an additional 4th, 5th, and 7th round picks, which turned out to be Jarius Wright, Robert Blanton, and a 2013 6th rounder.

By adding that additional 4th rounder, it also allowed us to trade our own 4th to trade up for Harrison Smith.

So basically, you can have all that, or you can have RGIII.

I would take RG3 10 times out of 10, without any hesitation.

This there is no thinking for me on this. RG3 is worth it
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
Klomp wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
I'm more than happy with Matt Kalil, and as much I would love to have a franchise QB, Kalil was well worth the 4th overall pick.

Also worth remembering is what you just brought up, Matt Kalil was the 4th pick, not the 3rd.

By trading down, we got an additional 4th, 5th, and 7th round picks, which turned out to be Jarius Wright, Robert Blanton, and a 2013 6th rounder.

By adding that additional 4th rounder, it also allowed us to trade our own 4th to trade up for Harrison Smith.

What I gather from this is if we had gotten RG3 we wouldn't have Harrison Smith and that's terrifying. He allows Sanford to go hunting which is what he's good at.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"
ktarinze

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
Klomp wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

What I gather from this is if we had gotten RG3 we wouldn't have Harrison Smith and that's terrifying. He allows Sanford to go hunting which is what he's good at.

I like Smith but we would of had RG3. The vikings finally would of had a QB of the future. Any day I'm taking RG3. It's not even close to me.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
Klomp wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

I like Smith but we would of had RG3. The vikings finally would of had a QB of the future. Any day I'm taking RG3. It's not even close to me.

Even if RG3 is available when we picked the Vikings had no intention of drafting him. RG3 also has a lot better targets to throw to in Washington. Who know knows how well he would have done throwing to Jenkins, Simpson, and Harvin.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvin has missed half the year. Simpson seems to drop half his passes thrown to him. Jenkins cant get open beyond 10. I wouldnt expect much from any QB under center, though RGIII does more than Ponder so I would expect him to be better than Ponder. He has a huge arm and is incredibly dangerous on the ground.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a) We take RG3, and theres still a chance Harrison is there with Pick #34
b) We auction off RG3, to Washington for the same package STL got.

Either way, sitting #3 was significantly worse then sitting #2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
Klomp wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

Even if RG3 is available when we picked the Vikings had no intention of drafting him. RG3 also has a lot better targets to throw to in Washington. Who know knows how well he would have done throwing to Jenkins, Simpson, and Harvin.

I'm thinking way better than Ponder and I'm not saying your wrong that the vikings didn't want him. I'm just saying if he was available and the vikings didn't take him. It would have been crazy to me not to take him.
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
Klomp wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

You can not sit here for a FACT tell me that we still wouldn't have Harrison. Had we lost and had the second overall pick, we would have had the first overall pick in the second round right?? So, who is to say that Harrison wouldn't have lasted those extra 3 or 4 teams. We could very easily have Harrison and RG3 both.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Harvin has missed half the year. Simpson seems to drop half his passes thrown to him. Jenkins cant get open beyond 10. I wouldnt expect much from any QB under center, though RGIII does more than Ponder so I would expect him to be better than Ponder. He has a huge arm and is incredibly dangerous on the ground.

Harvin got hurt on a situational play.. Different QB, different plays, different games, different outcomes. He would not be hurt because everythings different. Also, RG3 makes players around him better. The guy is a LEADER and a motivator. Percy, Jarius, AP, RG3, Simpson, Rudy, Jenkins..... I think these guys could click and be exceptionally good.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloppy28 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Harvin got hurt on a situational play.. Different QB, different plays, different games, different outcomes. He would not be hurt because everythings different. Also, RG3 makes players around him better. The guy is a LEADER and a motivator. Percy, Jarius, AP, RG3, Simpson, Rudy, Jenkins..... I think these guys could click and be exceptionally good.

You could say the same thing about RGIII. Different situation, different team, different coach. He could be having a disasterous rookie year, he could have torn his ACL, who knows right?
wcblack34

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Sloppy28 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

You could say the same thing about RGIII. Different situation, different team, different coach. He could be having a disasterous rookie year, he could have torn his ACL, who knows right?

Especially likely considering Charlie Johnson would still be the starting Left Tackle...
ViKingHopeful

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching Ponder these last seven weeks has been absolutely painful. We've finally realized that all we need to do is feed the rock to Adrian 30 times a game, and ask Ponder to simply take care of the football. It's sad that Frazier asks so little of him, yet continues to roll with him when he can't even deliver on that. Ponder hasn't shown the ability to get the ball out to the sidelines, has no pocket presence, and holds onto the ball too long. But what's worse is seeing him regress each and every week. He lacks the confidence and killer mentality that all the good quarterbacks in this league possess. Our receivers suck, and our O-line refuses to pick up a blitz, but he's just not seeing the field. He doesn't trust himself to throw the ball to a spot, or throw a receiver open, and just holds onto the ball until he can find someone running free.

If all we ask of our quarterback is to throw the ball 15 times a game for 100 yards, then we need to stick Webb in there. Ponder is doing nothing to take the pressure off Adrian at this point. At the very least Webb can cause some headaches and confusion for opposing defenses, and make them second guess as to whether it's going to be Webb or Peterson running the ball.
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Sloppy28 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I can agree with the fact that it could have been a disaster. We don't have Kyle Shanahan who has been an absolute genius putting the pieces together for an excellent offense in Washington!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
a) We take RG3, and theres still a chance Harrison is there with Pick #34
b) We auction off RG3, to Washington for the same package STL got.

Either way, sitting #3 was significantly worse then sitting #2

There was a reason why we traded up for smith...he wasnt going to be there at 34

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 95 of 100

Jump to: