Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ponder 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ktarinze

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

I agree if there is a better option out there, we should pursue it, but I don't think right now we should bench him, or sign some washed up bum QB like Mike Vick to take over at QB.

Are you honestly going to say with a straight face that Christian Ponder is better than Michael Vick?

Considering at this point I doubt Mike Vick could play for 2 straight months, due to repeated hits and injuries, yes. Yes I can.

I'm sorry I don't think Ponder is or at any point has been better than Vick even with his injuries.

Well to be fair, I think Vick is pretty much worthless as a QB.

If I'm a GM, I just stay away from him. I don't trust him on the field.

Were just going to disagree there. The injuries are something I would worry about though but for me there is no way I'm taking Ponder over him. Ponder just is nowhere in vick's league to me. Even after his bad 2 years and vick having this type of run game would be crazy. Our run game I think would definitely help him stay on the field as well. I think we would of won at least 2 more games with Vick under center.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't already have a top 10 QB on your roster, and you draft a QB in the top half of the 1st round, your tied to his success partly.

Ponder is not getting benched, unless he has an injury. Then you can see Webb. Whats happening in practice likely means very little.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the 13 games so far this year, Ponder has thrown for UNDER 150 yards 5 times!! Considering our record, that's just insane. Think if we had a good QB behind center. We could have 10+ wins right now! Why did we have to win the Redskins game.... Ugh.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How bout a trade for Kirk Cousins?
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloppy28 wrote:
Of the 13 games so far this year, Ponder has thrown for UNDER 150 yards 5 times!! Considering our record, that's just insane. Think if we had a good QB behind center. We could have 10+ wins right now! Why did we have to win the Redskins game.... Ugh.

I'm actually getting extremely hyped sitting here just envisioning RGIII and Adrian Peterson together in the purple and gold. It will never be now, but the thought is simply staggering.

Peppers90 on the sig.
ktarinze

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
Sloppy28 wrote:

I'm actually getting extremely hyped sitting here just envisioning RGIII and Adrian Peterson together in the purple and gold. It will never be now, but the thought is simply staggering.

I'm getting the exact opposite of hyped. I'm very sad over this. RG3 in purple would of been so good.
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
Sloppy28 wrote:

I'm getting the exact opposite of hyped. I'm very sad over this. RG3 in purple would of been so good.

Except our defense would have been worse AND our offensive line would have been as good as last year. Griffen would have been mauled.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
Sloppy28 wrote:

Except our defense would have been worse AND our offensive line would have been as good as last year. Griffen would have been mauled.

Maybe Griffen would have, but I feel Griffin would have been fine.

Wink

Peppers90 on the sig.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
Sloppy28 wrote:

RG III has already been nicked up quite a bit this year. When he's on the field he's fantastic but I need to see him learn to take care of himself before I start pining for what could have been.

I'm more than happy with Matt Kalil, and as much I would love to have a franchise QB, Kalil was well worth the 4th overall pick.
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
thestonedkoala wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
Sloppy28 wrote:

Maybe Griffen would have, but I feel Griffin would have been fine.

Wink

Gah too many Griffins, Griffens in this damn league!

Here's the thing for all those arguing about Ponder.

What do we do next?

We can't keep getting veterans because look at how well that did (Favre in 10, McNabb last year).

It's easy to go, well Ponder sucks. Yes, we know he isn't getting any better but none of the options on the table are any better. Why not let him finish the season and see what happens next.

As for Webb. How about the fact he's started 3 games, been suited up in 16 and has thrown more interceptions than touchdowns?
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I'm more than happy with Matt Kalil, and as much I would love to have a franchise QB, Kalil was well worth the 4th overall pick.

Also worth remembering is what you just brought up, Matt Kalil was the 4th pick, not the 3rd.

By trading down, we got an additional 4th, 5th, and 7th round picks, which turned out to be Jarius Wright, Robert Blanton, and a 2013 6th rounder.

By adding that additional 4th rounder, it also allowed us to trade our own 4th to trade up for Harrison Smith.

So basically, you can have all that, or you can have RGIII.
joru1000

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

Also worth remembering is what you just brought up, Matt Kalil was the 4th pick, not the 3rd.

By trading down, we got an additional 4th, 5th, and 7th round picks, which turned out to be Jarius Wright, Robert Blanton, and a 2013 6th rounder.

By adding that additional 4th rounder, it also allowed us to trade our own 4th to trade up for Harrison Smith.

RG3 wouldn't be used properly in this offense anyway. We aren't creative enough.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

I would take RG3 10 times out of 10, without any hesitation.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings would have had to have traded a 1st and 2nd (Kalil and Smith) and a future 1st rd pick to even make a decent offer for RGIII. It might be worth it for a franchise QB.
milanb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloppy28 wrote:

The problem with that logic is that the Vikings won three of the five games in which Ponder threw for under 120 yards. If the Vikings had won all five games they would still be only 9-4.

Confused

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 94 of 100

Jump to: