Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ponder 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Viking wrote:
PaulWall_23 wrote:
What differentiates Christian Ponder?

Competitive Drive? No
Proven winner at other levels? No
Arm Strength? Nope
Accuracy? No....well maybe... on a good day, with-in 10 yards.
Decision-making? Countless head scratching throws, god no.
Mobility? Sure, compared to Peyton Manning.
Likeable? YES

I listen to Colin Cowheard all the time and he always talks about "likeability". I think Ponder is a likeable guy, says the right things and looks the part. If he was smug like Jay Cuter he probably would have been benched 10 times by now.

What we have is a bad QB, whose ceiling is no higher then Mark Sanchez's. That said, the media likes him and at times he may scurry for a 1st down.
he dates hot chicks

haha yeah ill give him that. Another thing with Ponder is you can tell he doesnt trust his o-line. There arent many times where he is staying in the pocket to throw. He's constantly scrambling because Johnson and Fusco are terrible and cant hold up their blocks. When he has time...he's fine but when he's under pressure he gets rattled.

And for the WR's... I think its the scheme (a reason why we need a new OC) and how the receivers just arent any good. His only weapon is hurt. This is a big reason why I really want to see him with better OG's and WR's. He will develop trust in his o-line and be able to stand in the pocket. This will allow him to see his receivers better and hopefully he will have some new ones.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO we build the roster up around Christian, draft a WR, G, DT, MLB, S, and maybe CB. And then if Christian still fails next year we know that we need to bring in a new QB. And when that new QB comes in he will have a good team around him.

#ManzieltoMinnesota
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric dunn wrote:
IMO we build the roster up around Christian, draft a WR, G, DT, MLB, S, and maybe CB. And then if Christian still fails next year we know that we need to bring in a new QB. And when that new QB comes in he will have a good team around him.

Thats what Ive been saying all along!!! Thank you....Im glad someone is seeing the big picture. They arent giving up on him this year no matter how bad he does. Gabbert is even worse and they have yet to give up on him. Ponder is too young and hasnt played enough games to just throw in the towel yet. But either way...great post!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, still talking about this? Laughing

Ponder will be the QB of the Minnesota Vikings for all of this year and more than likely all of next year. I might rather have Kellen Moore at the position, but Ponder's a smart guy and will get rolling.

Look toward May 2013 and see what presents Santa Spielman offered Christian to play with Wink
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcticNorseman wrote:

Ponder will be the QB of the Minnesota Vikings for all of this year and more than likely all of next year. I might rather have Kellen Moore at the position, but Ponder's a smart guy and will get rolling.

Look toward May 2013 and see what presents Santa Spielman offered Christian to play with Wink

Unfortunately we are still talking about this. Some people just dont understand that Ponder will still be the starter in 2013. These Vick and Smith talks are just ridiculous. We just have to hope Spielman is smart about this and builds around him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
Eric dunn wrote:

Thats what Ive been saying all along!!! Thank you....Im glad someone is seeing the big picture. They arent giving up on him this year no matter how bad he does. Gabbert is even worse and they have yet to give up on him. Ponder is too young and hasnt played enough games to just throw in the towel yet. But either way...great post!!

I see it this way as well. Lets not forget Ponder just faced one elite and one average defense, on the road, without his only NFL caliber WR.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
ArcticNorseman wrote:

Unfortunately we are still talking about this. Some people just dont understand that Ponder will still be the starter in 2013. These Vick and Smith talks are just ridiculous. We just have to hope Spielman is smart about this and builds around him.

I dont see anything wrong with having decent competition or a back up plan in case little to no progression is made. You just dont want that back up plan or competition to cost the team a lot to acquire. Vick is not that kind of player. If Alex Smith was released of his salary, he is the type that you could probably consider without having to trade for. It would be smart of Spielman to stick it out with Ponder to evaluate him beyond 2013, but its also his job as a GM to have another option in case the first one fails.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidbit courtesy of a Steelers fan on this site:

Steelerspower wrote:
Adrian Peterson is averaging 6.2 yards per carry. Christian Ponder is averaging 6.0 yards per throw.

Our RB is averaging more yards per carry than our QB is averaging throwing the ball. This has to be one of the only times in history this has happened, if not the only time.

Peppers90 on the sig.
ktarinze

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
ArcticNorseman wrote:

I dont see anything wrong with having decent competition or a back up plan in case little to no progression is made. You just dont want that back up plan or competition to cost the team a lot to acquire. Vick is not that kind of player. If Alex Smith was released of his salary, he is the type that you could probably consider without having to trade for. It would be smart of Spielman to stick it out with Ponder to evaluate him beyond 2013, but its also his job as a GM to have another option in case the first one fails.

Exactly which he hasn't done at all. Which gives me little confidence in this gm and the coaching staff. I don't know where all this blind loyalty is coming from. People are saying no matter how bad he is to just keep giving him the chance next year. Forget that, I have given up on him starting this year but if he continues to look bad (Which more than likely he will) then move on and look at better options next year.
ktarinze

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
Tidbit courtesy of a Steelers fan on this site:

Steelerspower wrote:
Adrian Peterson is averaging 6.2 yards per carry. Christian Ponder is averaging 6.0 yards per throw.

Our RB is averaging more yards per carry than our QB is averaging throwing the ball. This has to be one of the only times in history this has happened, if not the only time.

That is just freaking sad. I feel for AD
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:

And for the WR's... I think its the scheme (a reason why we need a new OC) and how the receivers just arent any good. His only weapon is hurt. This is a big reason why I really want to see him with better OG's and WR's. He will develop trust in his o-line and be able to stand in the pocket. This will allow him to see his receivers better and hopefully he will have some new ones.

People complained when we started 3-1 because we weren't opening up the playbook and running downfield routes. Now we have guys doing it, and people say we need a new OC because no ones getting open.

We had a good thing going. People complained about it.

Quick routes were what worked early. We need to get back to that.
DJpillz317

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
Eric dunn wrote:

100% agree with both you guys too, Ponder is a part of the problem, but a guy like luck is so damn rare, you can't expect to draft a QB who instantly makes your team better. Hell, Luck still has Reggie Wayne (top 15 WR all time), two young beast TEs, and young stud WRs. That whole draft was built around him to succeed from day 1. Even RGIII struggles because he doesn't have many pieces around him. Look at the Giants win tonight. He played good, but not great and wasn't the reason they won the game. It was more that the Giants didn't produce like they should have and had costly penalties.

Sorry, but there's no denying we have the worst WRs in the NFL, awful guards who constantly get dominated in the interior pass rush, and a boneheaded offensive coordinator who can't draw a slant route for god's sake. I remember Ponder's first game against green bay; he was making downfield throws! throwing to open WRs with zip! I was excited! then what the **** happened?! I know he has potential, but he needs help. I see his drive to be successful much more than T-joke.

Prediction: Derek Carr = next Brandon Weeden; Zach Mett will be a good starter; Manziel will be a STAR.
Blake Bortles is going to be a Viking
DJpillz317

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arKnaD7 wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
Eric dunn wrote:

I see it this way as well. Lets not forget Ponder just faced one elite and one average defense, on the road, without his only NFL caliber WR.

Exactly, Eli Manning would have been toast these last 2 games.

Prediction: Derek Carr = next Brandon Weeden; Zach Mett will be a good starter; Manziel will be a STAR.
Blake Bortles is going to be a Viking
ktarinze

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJpillz317 wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
Eric dunn wrote:

100% agree with both you guys too, Ponder is a part of the problem, but a guy like luck is so damn rare, you can't expect to draft a QB who instantly makes your team better. Hell, Luck still has Reggie Wayne (top 15 WR all time), two young beast TEs, and young stud WRs. That whole draft was built around him to succeed from day 1. Even RGIII struggles because he doesn't have many pieces around him. Look at the Giants win tonight. He played good, but not great and wasn't the reason they won the game. It was more that the Giants didn't produce like they should have and had costly penalties.

Sorry, but there's no denying we have the worst WRs in the NFL, awful guards who constantly get dominated in the interior pass rush, and a boneheaded offensive coordinator who can't draw a slant route for god's sake. I remember Ponder's first game against green bay; he was making downfield throws! throwing to open WRs with zip! I was excited! then what the **** happened?! I know he has potential, but he needs help. I see his drive to be successful much more than T-joke.

I doubt he will be more successful than Tjack. He at least made the playoffs. In the packers game he was his same ponder self. Made some good throws and some horrible throws. Which shows his inconsistency and not only that but it was awhile ago. He has gotten worse and is not progressing at all. I have seen QB's make WR's better. I have not seen WR's make QB's better.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:
I have not seen WR's make QB's better.

Matt Barkley

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 75 of 100

Jump to: