Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ponder 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the schedule really that difficult?

What is so great about the Bears right now?

The Packers havent been dominating anyone.

How about the Texans, that team has looked very mediocre as of late.

The Rams are also a team with a poor record.

The Vikings are a young team with a young QB they clearly believe in, they wont be replacing him with an old QB who has led his team to a miserable season. Its a bad fit all around. The Vikings have made it a goal to go away from veteran QB rentals, now they have a young QB that they believe in.
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

The Vikings are a young team with a young QB they clearly believe in, they wont be replacing him with an old QB who has led his team to a miserable season. Its a bad fit all around. The Vikings have made it a goal to go away from veteran QB rentals, now they have a young QB that they believe in.

LOL Like I said I'll give it a few more weeks for reality to set in on your playoff chances and the level of play of your QB
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

LOL Like I said I'll give it a few more weeks for reality to set in on your playoff chances and the level of play of your QB

Nobody wants that garbage QB.
this providence

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo, to step away from the Lameday Thread...

No one is going to deny that Ponder isn't the sole problem on this team right now. They're simply not far enough along in their rebuilding timeline for that to be the case. However, I think most can look at his play over the course of his (albeit, short) tenure and comfortably say he doesn't appear to be any sort of solution either.

Many people have watched football for many years around here and the main thing I keep coming back to is that there are very, very few QBs who have come through the game at this level and improved their footwork and sense in the pocket. Frankly, this aspect of Ponder's game is just atrocious and completely unacceptable from any NFL quarterback.

I'd feel a lot more confident about Ponder moving forward if I could point to one particular part of his skill set that he currently does well. I just don't see it in this guy and it isn't going to look markedly better as this year comes to a close (IMO, of course).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:

Christian Ponder? I agree.

Biggest overreach you have had in the draft at the QB position since... well Tarvaris Jackson
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

Biggest overreach you have had in the draft at the QB position since... well Tarvaris Jackson

I was referring to Vick genius. We already have Ponder.
milanb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:

I'd feel a lot more confident about Ponder moving forward if I could point to one particular part of his skill set that he currently does well. I just don't see it in this guy and it isn't going to look markedly better as this year comes to a close (IMO, of course).

In all fairness, Ponder is very good on those bootlegs and quick timing routes, but you can't live exclusively off those plays in today's NFL. You have to be able to throw the ball down the field. As Daryl Johnson pointed out today, the Vikings are dead last in the NFL in explosive pass plays. I agree that some of that is on the receiver corps but most of it is on the QB.

Sad

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
this providence wrote:

In all fairness, Ponder is very good on those bootlegs and quick timing routes, but you can't live exclusively off those plays in today's NFL. You have to be able to throw the ball down the field. As Daryl Johnson pointed out today, the Vikings are dead last in the NFL in explosive pass plays. I agree that some of that is on the receiver corps but most of it is on the QB.

Sad

Something that Vick can actually provide. He can actually stretch the field. He doesn't have to be captain checkdown
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

I know but if Ponder finishes the season with almost twice as many career losses as wins, despite having Harvin, Peterson, etc and a superior Oline, who exactly is the garbage QB?
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

I know but if Ponder finishes the season with almost twice as many career losses as wins, despite having Harvin, Peterson, etc and a superior Oline, who exactly is the garbage QB?

What will Vick provide? He has better overall weapons in Philly and he can't stay of his back.
AQuintus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:

Are you Vick's agent or something? His mother?

Why are you even here? It's not like your campaigning of Vick to be the Vikings' future QB will actually amount to anything. None of us is a Vikings' FO member.
Nozizaki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter how bad he plays, Ponder has to be the starter the rest of the way. If he truly is costing us games (That doesn't mean he is winning them either), then let's draft a QB. If he's still playing mediocre then I'd keep him into next year.

Freakout wrote:
Our LT is Kaliling us.
Chi_Vike1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ponder's biggest problem right now is his confidence. He shows no confidence in himself and hesitates constantly and looks like a lost puppy in the pocket back there sometimes. Although his receivers provide him with no help, he somehow needs to gain confidence in himself and his offense.
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

A superior o-line? Do you even watch Viking games? Today's game just showed how desperate we need a big play WR. Ponder had 3 balls to Simpson that literally hit him in the numbers and were dropped. He threw one to Burton that hit him right in the hands and dropped. How do you expect a QB to succeed when his recievers cant get separation or catch the ball. I would take Ponder on my team any day over Vick. Open your eyes bud.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chi_Vike1 wrote:
I think Ponder's biggest problem right now is his confidence. He shows no confidence in himself and hesitates constantly and looks like a lost puppy in the pocket back there sometimes. Although his receivers provide him with no help, he somehow needs to gain confidence in himself and his offense.

That isn't his current problem, though. He has always struggled with this, dating back to his college days. On top of that, he is not even excelling at the physical aspect of the game. His arm strength is somewhat underrated but his accuracy is completely overblown, not to mention his unpredictable footwork. There is a smorgasbord of issues at play.

Peppers90 on the sig.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 47 of 100

Jump to: