Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ponder 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Klomp wrote:
NFL Network Interview

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/NFL_Network_Christian_Ponder_Interview/ad901679-2daf-488e-8522-d6c29805eb00

Wow, his interview was A LOT better than some of the others you heard from other players. Especially when he talked about the replacement refs.

He didn't say its their fault. He said its nothing the team can control, and to just focus on playing the game, not on their calls.

I have a great feeling about this guy. You can tell me all this crap why he won't succeed, but I think its going to happen. I think he's going to be our franchise QB.

Notice he said they've been fine in our games too? No throwing them under the bus for the 5 timeouts fiasco. That's classy.

One thing that struck me as interesting was how he explained the short passes as getting the ball to his playmakers. That is very true as Harvin, Peterson when healthy, and hopefully eventually Simpson are arguably three of the best in the league at making plays with the ball in their hands. As long as we keep converting 1st downs and Ponder doesn't force things, this offense should be very difficult to stop.
TearsOfPurple

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ponder is a class act, always focuses on his teammate's success rather then his; true leader right there. When's the last time we had a QB who actually cared about his teammates?

#TankItTeddy
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TearsOfPurple wrote:
Ponder is a class act, always focuses on his teammate's success rather then his; true leader right there. When's the last time we had a QB who actually cared about his teammates?

Brad Johnson?
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
TearsOfPurple wrote:

Brad Johnson?

Rolling Eyes It's really lame and borderline shameful to avoid saying Brett Favre here.

Obviously the media leeches off him any chance they get and, to an extent, he probably enjoys some of it, but Brett was very popular in the locker room when he was here. His teammates only had good things to say about him and the team in general was in very high spirits due to his presence and performance.

Peppers90 on the sig.
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rolling Eyes It's really lame and borderline shameful to avoid saying Brett Favre here.

Thanks for the eye roll, there's no way you would've gotten your point across without it.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for the eye roll, there's no way you would've gotten your point across without it.

You do realize that every post that uses the eye roll emoticon could get its point across without it, surely? The concept is called "emphasis."

More importantly, you excised the explanation of my point. Seeing as how you didn't contest it, it would seem it stood well to scrutiny.

Peppers90 on the sig.
TearsOfPurple

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
Klomp wrote:
TearsOfPurple wrote:

Brad Johnson?

Maybe 2009, but 2010 was terrible for him being a me player.

#TankItTeddy
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
You do realize that every post that uses the eye roll emoticon could get its point across without it, surely? The concept is called "emphasis."

very few people choose to use it. as it is seen as being rude in nature.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
HighHopes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive always believed that word choice does matter.
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:

Yes, I agree that posting something on an internet forum is definitely something someone should feel shameful about...

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the game becoming easier every time you play?

Ponder: "I would never say it's easier. It's not an easy game. I think things are slowing down and I'm able to see things better, but I would never say the game is easy."

John Sullivan said you're "an all-star right now" and the sky is the limit. Do you agree?

Ponder: "I don't know. I think I'm playing well. My biggest thing is, I want to improve my decision-making. I think I'm making good decisions. When I make good decisions and get the ball to the right people, the players on our team are making plays. And that makes my stats look better. A lot of credit is due elsewhere, not really with me. When you're able to throw a little bubble route, a bubble screen, to Percy Harvin and he turns it into 20 yards, it makes your job a lot easier. And Adrian is running the ball really well. And Kyle is making unbelievable catches. A lot of it has nothing to do with me. My job is easy. I've just got to find the open guy, and they do all the dirty work."

How much of your success is due to confidence?

Ponder: "I think a lot. Anybody, any athlete, will say your confidence is a huge part in your success. When you have that confidence, things begin to slow down, you don't think as much, and you kind of get in that zone. When your confidence hurts, that's when you start hesitating, and your play goes down."

Are you just scratching the surface of how good you'll be?

Ponder: "There are a lot of things I can improve upon, for sure. That's one thing I've always realized: You never arrive anywhere. And you should always get better. If you're not getting better, you're getting worse. So, yeah, there's a lot for room for improvement for me."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_21636043/vikings-qb-christian-ponder-develops-im-able-see

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musgrave: "Christian has just done such a good job of playing within himself. And I think if you have a guy that's doing that and playing at a high level, teams feed off their quarterbacks. He's a leader whether he likes it or not, and I think that's important to realize."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/171442631.html?refer=y

Webmaster wrote:
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

Have you used it before?

Peppers90 on the sig.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

Have you used it before?

very, very rarely. given i have over 60,000 posts here. and certainly not recently.

i think you've used it twice in the last week or two, which is my larger point. it's a condescending gesture, and dilutes your football related message.

Webmaster wrote:
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
very, very rarely. given i have over 60,000 posts here. and certainly not recently.

i think you've used it twice in the last week or two, which is my larger point.

This is pretty much the definition of hypocrisy. You shouldn't be lecturing others on things you don't practice yourself.

I have not used it twice recently; maybe I've used it twice ever (which would qualify as "very, very rarely," I think). It was a petty attempt to call me out on something you have done yourself, not to mention that it derailed the thread and drew attention away from the point I was making. I've noticed this is becoming something of a trend with you, unfortunately. Please avoid it because it's really not beneficial to the FF community as a whole.

Peppers90 on the sig.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 34 of 100

Jump to: