Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do you dislike the most about the Osweiler pick?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which one is the problem?
Where he was picked?
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
The player?
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Both?
36%
 36%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 30

thebestever6

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: What do you dislike the most about the Osweiler pick? Reply with quote

I see that a lot of fans dont like it because of us having more needs and wanting to win now, and I see others posting that they do not like him as a player.
Personally, I love him as a prospect, and player. He has leadership qualities, and many people say they do not see the 'IT" factors but I do. He seems to have a shell around him that seems like he never gets too high about himself, but never too low. He is a confident player not cocky though. I think he has all the tools arm strength, athletism, and accuracy to be a corner stone once Manning retires. I have also heard from watching the NFL network that his football IQ is very high. This situation reminds me of the Packers' situation no one liked Aaron Rodgers coming out they thought the Packers were built to win then, and today I think they love the pick.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a neither option?
Nyko1990

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only real problem I have with it is WHEN he was picked. I feel like this year needs to be a statement year and we need all the immediate help we can get. Every year there is some guy that can be had at in the 2nd or 3rd that has tremendous potential.
Molsted

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dislike him as a player. And I disliked that the pick was used on a QB.

This has nothing to do with win now, I just feel that this team has many holes that should be filled going forward if we are hoping to build a strong team. I know having your QB is the most important piece which is why I dislike picking this 2. round guy with supposedly all the talent in the world (I do not know enough about him), I would rather have seen a strong commitment to improving the talent pool on defence. Then getting our future QB in the 1. round.

I know some have said that Osweiler would have become a future 1. round pick, who knows? I am simply not a fan of him as a pick at this stage, and I am not nearly as confident in Osweiler improving as some seem to be, but I am less informed than all you guys.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like Osweiler as a developmental QB prospect. He's got all the physical tools and intangibles you look for a potential franchise QB.

The problem was that we picked him and that we picked him in the 2nd round. It's too early for us to be worrying about drafting Manning's successor - and the fact that Elway did it was so shocking as he remembers when Reeves drafted Tommy Maddox - and for a team that is supposed to be building for a Super Bowl, and building for it primarily through the draft, a second round pick was an awfully expensive price to pay for a player who will not contribute for at least three years.

Elway has done A LOT of very good things as Football Czar for the Broncos. Every major decision he's made - hiring Fox, drafting Von, signing Peyton, trading Tebow - have been great. Drafting Osweiler in the second specifically and having a largely lackluster, reach-heavy draft generally, has been his first major mistake(s).

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
dbronx42

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the Ossy pick...

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of Osweiler. He's extremely raw and has one season of starts. He has all the physical tools but I dont know how he'll do lacking experience he should've had in college. Its also what i hated about Sanchez. But then again Cassel worked out Laughing

I also personally think you could've gotten a better QB next yr. Osweiler is a risky quarterback and this class had a lot to be desired throughout so that may be part of the reason in the decision. He wasn't a 2nd round player, but then again a lot of guys in this draft werent worthy of where they were picked. Part of the reason I understand the Cousins pick for Was.

I'm not a fan of Osweiler but I understand the logic behind the selection.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are people voting "Where he was picked?" He was selected where he was projected.

If you have a problem with the pick it should be about "The Player". In no scenario should you take "your future franchise QB" with a 2nd round pick after paying "your franchise QB" $96M over the next 5 years.

I wish their was another option, "I hate the selection". Its not that I hate the player. Brock has a reasonable amount of potential, but that means nothing in the NFL anymore. Almost every player enters the league with "a lot of potential". My biggest issue is still spending our 2nd round pick on a backup.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem with Osweiler. I like him as a prospect. I also don't have a problem with where he was selected. It was good value IMO. Where I had the problem was selecting a QB, I think Denver could have waited...but I'm not upset about it.
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest problem is that fans are so short sighted and only look at the now. Then they would be the same fans that if Manning doesn't return will criticize Denver for being short sighted and not looking at the future

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I actually like Osweiler as a developmental QB prospect. He's got all the physical tools and intangibles you look for a potential franchise QB.

The problem was that we picked him and that we picked him in the 2nd round. It's too early for us to be worrying about drafting Manning's successor - and the fact that Elway did it was so shocking as he remembers when Reeves drafted Tommy Maddox - and for a team that is supposed to be building for a Super Bowl, and building for it primarily through the draft, a second round pick was an awfully expensive price to pay for a player who will not contribute for at least three years.

Elway has done A LOT of very good things as Football Czar for the Broncos. Every major decision he's made - hiring Fox, drafting Von, signing Peyton, trading Tebow - have been great. Drafting Osweiler in the second specifically and having a largely lackluster, reach-heavy draft generally, has been his first major mistake(s).

The difference between Reeves drafting Maddox and Elway drafting Osweiler is monumental. Elway was 32, playing great football and he did not have a serious injury. Manning is 36, coming off of 4 significant neck surgeries, that did not allow him to play a snap last year. So it would be extremely foolish not to have a player you believe is a franchise QB not ready to take over the reins, IF Manning does suffer a setback. I love the Manning pick-up, but he is not guaranteed to start every game this year. Is Osweiler ready to start tomorrow? No, but he has time to grow as QB which is a perfect time to select him.

Everyone who hates this pick obviously did not see Hanie perform last year when Jay got hurt. It was brutal to watch. I don't hate the pick, I don't love the pick, but I'm not going to cry over the pick either.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
My biggest problem is that fans are so short sighted and only look at the now. Then they would be the same fans that if Manning doesn't return will criticize Denver for being short sighted and not looking at the future

You dont pay a man $96M over 5 years to think about the future. You worry about the now.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dislike his name...Brock? Are we going yachting, or playing squash? Does he where his sweaters tied around his neck like a Davis Cup tennis player?

I think we should call him Bill or Bob or Jeb...maybe Jed.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Why are people voting "Where he was picked?" He was selected where he was projected.

If you have a problem with the pick it should be about "The Player". In no scenario should you take "your future franchise QB" with a 2nd round pick after paying "your franchise QB" $96M over the next 5 years.

I wish their was another option, "I hate the selection". Its not that I hate the player. Brock has a reasonable amount of potential, but that means nothing in the NFL anymore. Almost every player enters the league with "a lot of potential". My biggest issue is still spending our 2nd round pick on a backup.

That is what I meant by the pick picking him in the second round when we had options that could help us win now.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
dbronx42

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:

You dont pay a man $96M over 5 years to think about the future. You worry about the now.

Yeah that would be true if the man you signed to 5 years & 96 million wasn't 36 years old and coming off his 4th neck surgery... C'mon man. I'm tired of these analogies you keep throwing out that doesn't even come close to relating to this situation,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: