Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vilma and Smith suspended
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
With the first pick in the 2013 NFL draft..... the New Orleans Saints select........

No way the Saints would have enough firepower to move up 31 spots.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:

You're delusional. During our Super Bowl run, which Grant wasn't a part of, he had 13 sacks. Past two years he's been battling injuries and a horrible defensive scheme.

Now I do think he needs to step up his game and improve on his 6 and 6.5 sack performances the past 2 seasons, but I don't think he's a long term solution anyways.

I'm pretty sure your delusional if you think Smith is an above average starter. He's an average starter at best, and that's on his good days.

Horrible defensive scheme or not, 6 and 6.5 sack performances for Smith is horrid. And unlike Cam Jordan, he wasn't that great in run D.

The was rated in the bottom 10 for Pass Rushing efficiency from PFF, and overall among 4-3 DE's he was ranked somewhere like ~40th out of 60 DE's based on last year.

I'm not sure if it's your Ohio State bias coming out in full force, but Will Smith isn't that good. He's 31 and his effectiveness is taking a nose dive.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
What a joke...sorry Harper and Shanle scotch free? Godell really showed them Rolling Eyes

What is this? Laughing I'd be down for free scotch.

I find it more funny that he was so taken with rage that he included Shanle into the mix after he saw that we mentioned it. Harper I get, but Shanle?

Shanle couldn't tackle Oprah if he wanted to, let alone give a guy a dirty hit. Laughing

Lombardi Gras

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
Raves wrote:

You're delusional. During our Super Bowl run, which Grant wasn't a part of, he had 13 sacks. Past two years he's been battling injuries and a horrible defensive scheme.

Now I do think he needs to step up his game and improve on his 6 and 6.5 sack performances the past 2 seasons, but I don't think he's a long term solution anyways.

I'm pretty sure your delusional if you think Smith is an above average starter. He's an average starter at best, and that's on his good days.

Horrible defensive scheme or not, 6 and 6.5 sack performances for Smith is horrid. And unlike Cam Jordan, he wasn't that great in run D.

The was rated in the bottom 10 for Pass Rushing efficiency from PFF, and overall among 4-3 DE's he was ranked somewhere like ~40th out of 60 DE's based on last year.

I'm not sure if it's your Ohio State bias coming out in full force, but Will Smith isn't that good. He's 31 and his effectiveness is taking a nose dive.

Some of that has to do with defensive scheme and the offense being able to hone in on him since there were virtually no other threats on the defensive line/linebackers. I'm not saying he's good, but I think it's too early to give up on him when he has proven that he can be good for us. Saying he's an average starter at best is being pretty pessimistic, and I'm a pessimist Laughing

FSP
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
What a joke...sorry Harper and Shanle scotch free? Godell really showed them Rolling Eyes

I find it more funny that he was so taken with rage that he included Shanle into the mix after he saw that we mentioned it. Harper I get, but Shanle?

Shanle couldn't tackle Oprah if he wanted to, let alone give a guy a dirty hit. Laughing

Yeah, I thought maybe that was a joke, I hope so. But it's also possible he just saw us talking about Shanle and decided to throw him in.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:

Man this thread is rollin'.

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets change the subject Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:

How do you change the subject of a thread that has a specific subject in the title? Eh?

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintsBeast wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:

How do you change the subject of a thread that has a specific subject in the title? Eh?

I was talking about getting back to the topic, rather than piling on a guy who came in and had some spelling errors and a general misunderstanding of Scott Shanle.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

Funny thing is I probably have watched more saints games then you...don't assume that fans of other teams don't watch your team Rolling Eyes

Shanle while couldnt tackle did in fact attempt to injure players

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

Funny thing is I probably have watched more saints games then you...don't assume that fans of other teams don't watch your team Rolling Eyes

I'd assume you have proof then? In which case you should turn it over to the NFL, because obviously they don't have enough proof to suspend him. But if you have that, by all means, turn it over.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:

Firstly, you tell me I shouldn't assume something, but do it yourself initially anyway. Good one champ. Maybe take your own advice?

Secondly, do you have any evidence for this? Or any instances where he did in fact attempt to injure players? I'd be very curious to see such evidence.

bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah Kareem Huggins....look it up. 3 knee surgeries since a blantly obvious shot at the knee/acl area. Has yet to return to football and is pursuing legal action now against the Saints, Williams and players involved

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
yeah Kareem Huggins....look it up. 3 knee surgeries since a blantly obvious shot at the knee/acl area. Has yet to return to football and is pursuing legal action now against the Saints, Williams and players involved
Never heard of the guy...clearly Williams put a bounty on his ACL, your evidence is too hard to deny Laughing

www.beattproductions.com

Adopt-A-Saint 2014
WR Kenny Stills 31 cat 431 yds 2 TDs
S Rafael Bush 55 tak 0 INT 3 PD IR
QB Connoisseur

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

http://www.learn-english-online.org/

Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: