Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

the OHIO STATE BUCKEYES Thread: 12-0!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 103, 104, 105  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
wow this is extremely dirty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52k210isQe0

Thats what happens when you're getting owned

PSN: bench515lbs

Ahead of the curve....
buno67

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon26841 wrote:

Anyway else been extremely underwhelmed by both Philly Brown and Jordan Hall? I've grown tired of hearing about their "game-breaking" ability for a few years now, neither one has ever shown me anything. They're about as average as can be.

Man, I'm looking forward to next Saturday.

its hard for Hall because he has been hurt and got hurt again today and Brown wasnt bad today. Brown wasnt making the big highlight type play but he was making solid catch after solid catch. He did finish with 12catches.

yes Miller doesnt throw the prettiest ball but he has made great strides from last year to this year

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Brandon26841 wrote:

Anyway else been extremely underwhelmed by both Philly Brown and Jordan Hall? I've grown tired of hearing about their "game-breaking" ability for a few years now, neither one has ever shown me anything. They're about as average as can be.

Man, I'm looking forward to next Saturday.

its hard for Hall because he has been hurt and got hurt again today and Brown wasnt bad today. Brown wasnt making the big highlight type play but he was making solid catch after solid catch. He did finish with 12catches.

yes Miller doesnt throw the prettiest ball but he has made great strides from last year to this year

The thing I like about Brown is that he hasn't dropped a ball this entire year. Glad to see he's gotten the dropsies out of his system.

I don't want to sound like I'm hating on Hall or Brown (it did appear that way), but I just meant that overall for their entire career their play-making ability has been a little bit underwhelming for as much as it's been talked about. I guess they never really stood a chance in the old offense, but they always seem so close to breaking a big play but it just never happens. Hall just has no top-end speed, and Brown seems to have little wiggle, but as long as they're moving the chains it's hard to complain.

This offense is really going to take off when they get some home-run hitters in there though, and it looks like Smith is their guy right now.

Also... what in the hell happened with Jake Stoneburner? I thought he'd thrive in this offense.
malibuspeedrace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
wow this is extremely dirty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52k210isQe0

they were taking all kinds of fringe shots too.

right out the boundry hits & diving into the tackle when the runner is already down. (I am a fan of playing the extra half second past the whistle though)

but I noticed it early on tat first drive & it stood out the rest of the game.

I am a fan of that physical style. THIS on the other hand should get dealt with.
malibuspeedrace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was impressed with their fans though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cqBMmH-TD3s

a very well organized chant.
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the play where William Gholston got hurt for the Spartans, it was an obvious attempt at a cheapshot by whoever the Spartan was that speared Gholston. He led with his head as Braxton was going to the ground, missed, and speared his own teammate.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
Even the play where William Gholston got hurt for the Spartans, it was an obvious attempt at a cheapshot by whoever the Spartan was that speared Gholston. He led with his head as Braxton was going to the ground, missed, and speared his own teammate.

That was Isaiah Lewis... the same guy who hit Miller late when he was clearly going out of bounds.

As for the poster who mentioned Philly Brown, he's been outstanding this season. I was going to post earlier that he's been one of the most improved players on the team. He's caught everything and appears to be Miller's go-to guy. While Devin Smith is the big play threat and Miles Austin-esque, he hasn't caught the ball well at all. Brown deserves a lot of credit.

Our secondary has been amazing low-key. Minus a few coverage breakdowns and a few bone-headed attempts at tackling, they've all looked good. Roby and Howard might be the best CB duo in the nation, Johnson has been good all-around, and Bryant has low-key won Defensive Player of The Game two times so far and is an enforcer in the secondary.

The defensive line has been good. Hankins was a monster yesterday, as was Nathan Williams. Garrett Goebel has been a boss and hasn't gotten the credit he deserves so far.

I was worried about our linebackers going into this game. Sabino and Shazier are fast as hell and great laterally, but they weren't attacking the line of scrimmage very well. But they were really good against Sparty. Sabino might have had his best game as a Buckeye, Shazier is his nasty self as usual... our middle linebacker (Klein/Grant) was invisible per usual... I wish someone would step up.

Just the kind of win we needed, though. Against a tough, physical team on the road... we out-punched them and grinded out a good ol' fashioned Big 10 football game. Should be great for our confidence going forward.

Beast
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread should be renamed to Ohio State BMillers. Its not going to take long for defenses to figure this ish out. Fortunately we only play Big Ten this year.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
This thread should be renamed to Ohio State BMillers. Its not going to take long for defenses to figure this ish out. Fortunately we only play Big Ten this year.

Not so fast my friend, we have a running game, and our receivers are becoming reliable by the snap, plus our offensive line is boss. Once Miller understands the blitz better its going to be pick your poison like the last TD

P.S. Stoneburner and Simon need to step up

PSN: bench515lbs

Ahead of the curve....
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brax is still raw in this offense. He can easily improve reading the DEs and work on his accuracy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just glad we won honestly, and this team is way behind the curve already 5 games in so I think we will see games like this the rest of the year. We give off that maalox masher mentality and have a grind it out and just win style, but after what we've seen so far I'll take the W's

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish I could have seen and heard the second half.

One of the neighborhoods near me was having some storms, and apparently there was a tornado warning for that area. So the entire second half they did a "split screen" of the game meaning I got a little box on my screen with the game, and most of the TV was showing weather radar and the weatherman was talking. From about 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter on that was all I got.
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok this got me thinking...

Quote:
Suddenly, the Huskers' trip to 5-0 Ohio State this week takes on added importance. The Buckeyes' defense could not have been more impressive in limiting Michigan State star Le'Veon Bell to 45 yards on 17 carries in Saturday's 17-16 win in East Lansing, but it'll face a more balanced offense against Nebraska. But Ohio State will also face a shaky defense that Braxton Miller may well exploit for 350 yards.

If the Huskers win, they'll look more and more like the Big Ten favorite. If Ohio State emerges, expect the buzz surrounding the possibility of Urban Meyer going undefeated in his first season in Columbus (but without a bowl) to shoot through the roof.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/stewart_mandel/09/30/west-virginia-texas-geno-smith/index.html#ixzz284RjvUNV

how big of an impact do you think an undefeated ohio state will make on the college football landscape and on the program itself?

Will it give some voters thinking about possibly acknowledging their undefeated season and will it just turn OSU into a recruiting monster. That OSU had no motivation of a title shot but they still went undefeated and etc that teams would love to play for a program like this and etc

what kind of an impact will CFB and the OSU program will feel if this happens?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

per Urban's press conf. today

Hall has a partially torn PCL..... He is week to week but doubtful this week
malibuspeedrace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Doug Lesmerises ‏@PDBuckeyes
Ohio State announces that WR Tyrone Williams has been dismissed from the team.

Violation of team rules.

We just got one more scholly to play with for next year.

I had high hopes for him a couple of years ago.
Come to find out all he seemed to have was height for his position.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 44 of 105

Jump to: