Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

the OHIO STATE BUCKEYES Thread: 12-0!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 103, 104, 105  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed it's because of the sex offender:
http://buzztap.com/link.jsp?id=8721098&cid=367&source=feed&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy has zero ties with the school, he's just some creepy perv fan.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

Yea I really don't understand how Ohio State has anything to do with this. Dumb reason to decommit imo

El Ramster on the amazing work
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Yea I really don't understand how Ohio State has anything to do with this. Dumb reason to decommit imo
I can see how you'd be freaked out, but perverts are everywhere. Hell, if he commits to Penn State he'd be showering in a crime scene after practice every day.

And Brett Bielema has a thing for the pros, so it's not like UW is totally spic-and-span clean either.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
Cheesehead430

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he decommits cause of some dude that nothing to do with OSU yet he's considering PSU... the irony

193 rush yards, 4 TD's
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

I can see how you'd be freaked out, but perverts are everywhere. Hell, if he commits to Penn State he'd be showering in a crime scene after practice every day.

And Brett Bielema has a thing for the pros, so it's not like UW is totally spic-and-span clean either.

Yea no kidding. Pretty much that crap anywhere you go.

Sounds like the parents want their son to live in some imaginary happy fluffy land

El Ramster on the amazing work
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Meyer will spend part of the summer researching how to handle a team that's ineligible for the postseason. He plans to talk with Southern California coach Lane Kiffin, who inherited a program on NCAA probation and was ineligible for bowl games in 2010 and 2011. Kiffin guided the Trojans to an 11-2 record and No. 6 ranking in the final Associated Press Top 25 poll last season.

Going to be awkward...bc of the whole Kiffin Meyer feud in the SEC and how a camera caught Urban Meyer laughing at Kiffin bolting to USC from Tenn.
Raves

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a difference between what happened in the past and what happened to you personally. Now I still think it's a stupid reason to decommit, but he made his decision and he has the right do as he chooses.

This just opens up spots for others that will look at this for what it really is and still want to be Buckeyes.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
BigD88

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anzalone's decommitment wasn't just over a picture with this freaky weird fan.
For the past week now he has been discussing this with his family, before this whole sex offender story broke. It seems like his family was most upset about the fact that Alex as an underage HS student, while hanging with other recruits, was able to get into a bar at night and wasn't comfortable with the environment and presence of boosters.
That's what his family has a big problem with. Meyer told him that he was going to be running a much tighter ship than at UF, emphasizing character, and limiting the craziness of boosters around OSU that got out of control and ultimately led to tat-gate. After that incident, his family was upset and has been mulling this over for at least a week now, before they knew that this guy from kentucky is a sex-offender.

This is what I've been told and while not directly from one of his family members, it's been reliable. Now you may say "well if he was so uncomfortable, why commit in the first place," and that's something that someone would have to ask Alex. But I do know he was very impressed with the honors college at OSU and it's med program format. But didn't feel comfortable with everything else and pulled back on his commitment. This is to my understanding of the situation.

KingofSTATS wrote:

Witten is just too slow and nonathletic to be a dominant force in the receiving game.
Raves

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD88 wrote:
For the past week now he has been discussing this with his family, before this whole sex offender story broke. It seems like his family was most upset about the fact that Alex as an underage HS student, while hanging with other recruits, was able to get into a bar at night and wasn't comfortable with the environment and presence of boosters.
That's what his family has a big problem with. Meyer told him that he was going to be running a much tighter ship than at UF, emphasizing character, and limiting the craziness of boosters around OSU that got out of control and ultimately led to tat-gate. After that incident, his family was upset and has been mulling this over for at least a week now, before they knew that this guy from kentucky is a sex-offender.

This is what I've been told and while not directly from one of his family members, it's been reliable. Now you may say "well if he was so uncomfortable, why commit in the first place," and that's something that someone would have to ask Alex. But I do know he was very impressed with the honors college at OSU and it's med program format. But didn't feel comfortable with everything else and pulled back on his commitment. This is to my understanding of the situation.

So basically what you are saying is Alex wants/wanted to go to Ohio State, his parents didn't want him to go and all this just gave them even more reasons to pursued him not too.

Got it.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
BigD88

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
BigD88 wrote:

So basically what you are saying is Alex wants/wanted to go to Ohio State, his parents didn't want him to go and all this just gave them even more reasons to pursued him not too.

Got it.

No. His parents aren't those kind of parents. They're letting him make his decision and haven't tried to steer him anywhere, I can say that for a fact.
There are 2 critical things for Anzalone and his decision:
1. Academics
2. Comfort and how he "fits" with the school.
These are his words and the decision is on his terms. He committed to OSU after the spring game because OSU presented the best structure in their med program for him that apparently schools like PSU and ND didn't. (Not talking rankings of the programs, but actual structure, timing of degree, etc.). That's why he committed. But he was not comfortable with the outside factors and how he "fit" after being out that night.
After getting away for a bit and some time to mull it over, he got cold feet. I can assure you that his parents did not pressure him into anything. This is something that Alex brought up to his parents, not the other way around.

KingofSTATS wrote:

Witten is just too slow and nonathletic to be a dominant force in the receiving game.
Raves

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD88 wrote:
Raves wrote:
BigD88 wrote:

Got it.

No. His parents aren't those kind of parents. They're letting him make his decision and haven't tried to steer him anywhere, I can say that for a fact.
There are 2 critical things for Anzalone and his decision:
1. Academics
2. Comfort and how he "fits" with the school.
These are his words and the decision is on his terms. He committed to OSU after the spring game because OSU presented the best structure in their med program for him that apparently schools like PSU and ND didn't. (Not talking rankings of the programs, but actual structure, timing of degree, etc.). That's why he committed. But he was not comfortable with the outside factors and how he "fit" after being out that night.
After getting away for a bit and some time to mull it over, he got cold feet. I can assure you that his parents did not pressure him into anything. This is something that Alex brought up to his parents, not the other way around.

So now Ohio State has horrible academics and that he went out and got into a club he doesn't want to go to Ohio State...

He was so uncomfortable with going out with recruits/players that he committed...

Right...

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
BigD88

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He committed to OSU because of the structure of their med program. It was the biggest reason for his commit. At the time of his commitment he weighed the factors and decided that OSU was the best place for him to reach his academic goals. Now after thinking it over and voicing some of his concerns to his family, he has changed his mind.
I've given you the reasons I've been told for his decision. He did not decommit because he woke up today, read a story about a crazy guy that he took a picture with at OSU, and say "ewww gross I'm not going to Ohio State!" While his dad, waiting downstairs sipping coffee and reading the paper while wearing a Penn State jumpsuit said "that's fantastic son! You're not allowed to go to Ohio State!"
You're being pretty childish right now, sarcastic, and quite frankly a jack -ss.
I get you're upset over the decommitment, I would be too. But this is a great kid with a family that is ready to support his decision wherever he goes to school, who was happy to send him to Ohio State; but once he came to his parents about his concerns after the fact, they all decided that it's best he take a step back in his recruitment and move on.
Stop being sarcastic, insinuating that this is an immature kid that is making an irrational decision based off of one picture, and that his family is pressuring him to go elsewhere. That simply is not the case and I am closer to the situation than you are with more knowledge of his decision making process. I also never bashed OSU academics. And because of what I know, I've decided to share it with this board and inform people. His family does not deserve to be bashed and called names like they have been from many OSU fans, nor does Alex deserve to be portrayed as some immature kid basing his college decision on a picture with an overzealous fan.
If you're going to be a condescending smarta--, then I'll be happy to leave and not post here again or discuss what I know with you guys.

KingofSTATS wrote:

Raves

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD88 wrote:
He committed to OSU because of the structure of their med program. It was the biggest reason for his commit. At the time of his commitment he weighed the factors and decided that OSU was the best place for him to reach his academic goals. Now after thinking it over and voicing some of his concerns to his family, he has changed his mind.
I've given you the reasons I've been told for his decision. He did not decommit because he woke up today, read a story about a crazy guy that he took a picture with at OSU, and say "ewww gross I'm not going to Ohio State!" While his dad, waiting downstairs sipping coffee and reading the paper while wearing a Penn State jumpsuit said "that's fantastic son! You're not allowed to go to Ohio State!"
You're being pretty childish right now, sarcastic, and quite frankly a jack -ss.
I get you're upset over the decommitment, I would be too. But this is a great kid with a family that is ready to support his decision wherever he goes to school, who was happy to send him to Ohio State; but once he came to his parents about his concerns after the fact, they all decided that it's best he take a step back in his recruitment and move on.
Stop being sarcastic, insinuating that this is an immature kid that is making an irrational decision based off of one picture, and that his family is pressuring him to go elsewhere. That simply is not the case and I am closer to the situation than you are with more knowledge of his decision making process. I also never bashed OSU academics. And because of what I know, I've decided to share it with this board and inform people. His family does not deserve to be bashed and called names like they have been from many OSU fans, nor does Alex deserve to be portrayed as some immature kid basing his college decision on a picture with an overzealous fan.
If you're going to be a condescending smarta--, then I'll be happy to leave and not post here again or discuss what I know with you guys.

a) As I'm a mod you should definitely not be attacking me and using profanity, even if it's vaguely hidden by a - as that is still against the rules, you should learn them.

b) I've never said anything negative about the kid. It's his choice and he can choose to go where he wants and this just opens the door for other linebackers that want to be Buckeyes to be Buckeyes. You are the one making insinuations and accusations about the school and how they run things. I've also simply said that his parents weren't big on him going to Ohio State and from everything I've read, that's been the case the whole time. I actually never expected the commitment from Alex as I thought it was a forgone conclusion that he was going to Florida as his parents loved it there, so getting him was a great surprise and losing him isn't that big of a deal as I never really counted him in this class to begin with.

Now if you want to try and be more civil about it, and not break forum rules, then you can continue to post. My opinion has been, and will be, that his parents didn't want him going to Ohio State and this was just another reason to help keep him from going. I mean look at how his dad decided to go to the media with this and try to accuse Ohio State of letting this happen but still promote his son going to Penn State? I think it's painfully obvious what the truth is.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
Raves

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and if you're so close then what about this?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7892108/ohio-state-compliance-department-warns-ohio-state-student-athletes-kentucky-sex-offender-according-report

Quote:
"You would think that these kinds of people would be kept at a distance away from recruits," Sal Anzalone said. "The fact that he got close to recruits was the issue. Keep people like this away from them. I can't be everywhere."

Sal Anzalone urged his son to decommit after word began to spread about Waugh.

"Separate yourself," Sal Anzalone said, "because you don't want the NCAA thinking that you're being influenced by this joke."

2013 Adopt-A-Saint

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 3 of 105

Jump to: